Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 55Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 94
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 14th Apr 18, 9:20 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    Have not received my bonus. Poor service by NatWest. Every other bank gets it right, but not NatWest.
    Originally posted by TheJackah
    Even Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank did it correctly when they paid 250 for switching despite their horrendous online banking!
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 14th Apr 18, 9:24 AM
    • 30,348 Posts
    • 18,253 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    I would suggest 25 for every day that it is late. Think what NatWest would be seeking from you per day if you were in unauthorised overdraft.
    Originally posted by Hattie625
    I wouldn't use that one, because NatWest would charge 8 per day.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 14th Apr 18, 9:26 AM
    • 5,190 Posts
    • 4,209 Thanks
    blindman
    Still on hold 11 mins so far.

Anyone else remember and keep note of telephone calls for expenses and time and trouble compensation.
    Originally posted by matrix999
    Why are you wasting your life chasing them?

More free money ?

Let the dust settle down and when you get the 125 then complain to get your free money.

Absurd.

I'm going to sue MSE for mental anxiety for reading this thread!
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 14th Apr 18, 9:26 AM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    Got through to switching team after 20 mins..

Explained situation.. Advisor checked account.. Met all criteria and I was told details have been put on a spreadsheet to be actioned.

What a shambles of a bank right enough.. If the customer has met all the criteria why do they not just process the payment instead of sticking the details on a spreadsheet with more delay to customer.

Being told it might be another 3-5 working days for payment to be made.
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 14th Apr 18, 9:27 AM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999

More free money ?

Let the dust settle down and when you get the 125 then complain to get your free money.

Absurd.
    Originally posted by blindman
    Its not absurd.. Its a complaint!
    • blindman
    • By blindman 14th Apr 18, 9:32 AM
    • 5,190 Posts
    • 4,209 Thanks
    blindman
    Its not absurd.. Its a complaint!
    Originally posted by matrix999
    How many times did you ring them up BEFORE the deadline expired?

Any compo you are chasing should be adjusted from 00:01 14th April

You are just wasting your time chasing it.

I have not been paid (Mrs B and Mis B have)

Not wasting my time chasing it.

Will follow up next week with compo claim.

Oooh the mental stress...
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 14th Apr 18, 9:33 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    Hattie625

More free money ?

Absurd.

I'm going to sue MSE for mental anxiety for reading this thread!
    Stop reading then. You have a duty in law to use such reasonable steps as are within your power to minimise the harm caused to you.. Those suffering mental distress due to the overdue bonus don't have it within their power to mitigate the harm caused to them by NatWest negligence.
    • The weedie
    • By The weedie 14th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    The weedie
    Got mine paid it. Easy 125.
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 14th Apr 18, 9:43 AM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    How many times did you ring them up BEFORE the deadline expired?

Any compo you are chasing should be adjusted from 00:01 14th April

You are just wasting your time chasing it.

I have not been paid (Mrs B and Mis B have)

Not wasting my time chasing it.

Will follow up next week with compo claim.

Oooh the mental stress...

Firstly, don't worry about me wasting my time.

Secondly, the bank staff have admitted its a mess and should have been better handled.

Thirdly, its not mental stress they have broken the terms and conditions of the offer.

Complaint now logged with call back scheduled for next week
    Last edited by matrix999; 14-04-2018 at 9:45 AM.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 14th Apr 18, 9:44 AM
    • 5,190 Posts
    • 4,209 Thanks
    blindman
    Stop reading then. You have a duty in law to use such reasonable steps as are within your power to minimise the harm caused to you.. Those suffering mental distress due to the overdue bonus don't have it within their power to mitigate the harm caused to them by NatWest negligence.
    Originally posted by Hattie625
    But I have this compulsion\disorder (for which I'm claiming )
    that stops me from working.
    (Think its called LazyArsesyndrome)

So due to this (made up) disability I have to fill my idle time between DOLE cheques \DIS allowance\PPI claims and free banking money, so I HAVE to read threads like this.

One can only watch so much of Jeremy Kyle on my 50"Plasma TV.

BTW
    Im suing you for not recognizing sacrasm.
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 14th Apr 18, 9:47 AM
    • 2,181 Posts
    • 1,807 Thanks
    Herbalus
    I have just had an excellent piece of advice from the NatWest message service on the app.

I would request you to wait for some time and this will be credited in your account.
    "Some time" it is then.
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 14th Apr 18, 10:37 AM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 3,648 Thanks
    older_wiser
    so the bank has made a complete mess of this switching deal the people who said we should wait until the end of friday were proven wrong if people had contacted them earlier the delays might well not have happend.

The lesson to take from this shambles is don't listen to the naysayers if you feel as though you should contact the bank do it some people are too trusting and accept everything a bank tells you as this shambolic switching deal has proven thats not the case.
    • scottygirl
    • By scottygirl 14th Apr 18, 11:12 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    scottygirl
    I have just spoken to them to be told I will be paid but he cannot say when this will happen . He would not commit ( which I understand) to even saying 3days, a week , a month so as Herbalus has said !!!8220;sometime it is then!!!8221;.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 14th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    • 4,488 Posts
    • 6,474 Thanks
    Nick_C
    so the bank has made a complete mess of this switching deal the people who said we should wait until the end of friday were proven wrong if people had contacted them earlier the delays might well not have happend.

The lesson to take from this shambles is don't listen to the naysayers if you feel as though you should contact the bank do it some people are too trusting and accept everything a bank tells you as this shambolic switching deal has proven thats not the case.
    Originally posted by older_wiser
    Absolute nonsense. People were calling NatWest before the deadline had been reached, wasting their time, clogging up the phone lines, and possibly slowing down the processing of the outstanding payments as well.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 14th Apr 18, 12:04 PM
    • 8,761 Posts
    • 23,886 Thanks
    EachPenny

Originally posted by older_wiser
    Nonsense.

By waiting patiently until 23:59 on the 13th people stand to gain compensation for the inconvenience of having their payment made late. This appears to be a standard 25 plus a bit more if you ask. 25 equates to a 20% uplift from the standard bonus payment. So the people whose payment is late should be laughing.

The "naysayers" were pointing out that it was in people's interests not to poke the sleeping donkey and let nature take its course.

If you contacted the bank before the deadline and sucessfully got your 125 paid on time then you've just waved goodbye to an extra 25+.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 14th Apr 18, 12:08 PM
    • 4,488 Posts
    • 6,474 Thanks
    Nick_C
    I'm going to complain that NatWest paid me on time, depriving me of an extra 25.
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 14th Apr 18, 12:19 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 605 Thanks
    18cc
    A shambles of a bank in my opinion.

Already started a switch elsewhere.
    Originally posted by Organgrinder

Hmmmm.. you MIGHT be better of holding on for a couple of weeks before initiating a switch with NatWest I think the switching team might be a little busy and might make errors!
    • Organgrinder
    • By Organgrinder 14th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Organgrinder
    Well this was my first switch and if i've learnt anything it's that my old bank, First Direct are head and shoulders above Natwest.

It's incredible how badly this whole process appears to be. Manually crediting accounts for example.

It would be interesting to knowhow many switched etc and how many are already moving on.

Halifax for me next. It's only 75 plus 3 a month but the biggest bonus has to be leaving Natwest!
    • mapk
    • By mapk 14th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    mapk
    Absolute nonsense. People were calling NatWest before the deadline had been reached, wasting their time, clogging up the phone lines, and possibly slowing down the processing of the outstanding payments as well.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Yeah, you'd have thought they'd have a dedicated team for each task, eh. Apparently it was Carol's week off and they couldn't get anyone to cover on the switchboard.
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 14th Apr 18, 12:30 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    NatWest - "We are what we do"

Aye, "Mess up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

329Posts Today

2,180Users online

Martin's Twitter