Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 55Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 93
    • Marky_S
    • By Marky_S 13th Apr 18, 10:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marky_S
    I stumbled upon this discussion after not recieving my switch bonus from NatWest. When I contacted support they informed me some other people had not recieved their money and it was being looked into. I initially thought they were pushing me off, but having reviewed Twitter and this chat it made me feel more confident in what I had been told.

Be interested to know if anyone has any success getting some time scales on when the bonus will be paid. !!!55357;!!!56397;!!!55356;!!!57339;
    • schiff
    • By schiff 13th Apr 18, 11:10 PM
    • 18,287 Posts
    • 9,731 Thanks
    schiff
    To the ones who have received their 125 - good!

To the ones who haven't, it's surely too late to analyse what they may not have done. The logical sequence would be to tackle Natwest on Monday to ask where their 125 is, if it's not in their accounts by then.

I imagine it's a bit tongue in cheek but talk of mental stress is absurd, isn't it? Some payments seems to be a bit late, which Natwest have acknowledged apparently, but it's not that important in the general scheme of things, things are often late arriving.

Though I suppose WW III might affect Natwest's efficiency. We'll have to see.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 13th Apr 18, 11:19 PM
    • 8,762 Posts
    • 23,905 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Other banks eg Halifax manage it by paying the bonus as soon as criteria met, so no big payout day involving millions of customers.
    Originally posted by Hattie625
    Millions? Or tens of thousands? If it is millions then they have some excuse for the payout to take so long
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 13th Apr 18, 11:19 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    atlantis187
    still not had my incentive been checking the account all day and I have gone through all the t&c and met it all.

So basically as far I am concerned they are taking the !!!! dragging this out even longer for us. the switch incentive offer was launched in feb so they have had more than enough time to pay it when promised.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 13th Apr 18, 11:22 PM
    • 30,348 Posts
    • 18,253 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    So basically as far I am concerned they are taking the !!!!
    Originally posted by atlantis187
    And you/me/others weren't?
    the switch incentive offer was launched in feb
    Or even January.
    • nomorekids
    • By nomorekids 13th Apr 18, 11:36 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 251 Thanks
    nomorekids
    This is a repeat of my previous post but to re iterate

for those that haven't got their 125

As well as meeting all the criteria.

Switching your old current account into the new/existing Nat West one had to be done completely online.

For some reason I ended up with a letter. This duly signed and sent off letter meant I then didn't automatically qualify for the incentive., the switch went through fine but no incentive received.

I still don't qualify for the incentive but Nat West are manually giving me 125 because I rang and chatted though everything with customer services. When I rang they said my case was unusual but a lot of people havent qualified because they have switched an account that isnt a current account so it might be worth checking this as well.
    If you want to be rich, never get married and most definitely never have kids
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 13th Apr 18, 11:45 PM
    • 804 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    Hattie625
    How can you switch a non current account using CASS? CASS only switches current accounts to current accounts.
    • S_uk
    • By S_uk 14th Apr 18, 12:11 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    S_uk
    Well I waited until midnight (as earlier posters insisted) and I never did receive the payment.

And to top it off online banking is currently inaccessible.

Natwest goofed up big time.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 14th Apr 18, 2:04 AM
    • 2,148 Posts
    • 1,000 Thanks
    soulsaver

Switching your old current account into the new/existing Nat West one had to be done completely online.

For some reason I ended up with a letter. This duly signed and sent off letter meant I then didn't automatically qualify for the incentive., the switch went through fine but no incentive received.

I still don't qualify for the incentive but Nat West are manually giving me 125 because I rang and chatted though everything with customer services. When I rang they said my case was unusual but a lot of people havent qualified because they have switched an account that isnt a current account so it might be worth checking this as well.
    Originally posted by nomorekids
    No requirement for switching specifically online:

"..complete a full switch of a non-NatWest account to your eligible account using the Current Account Switch Service."
    Last edited by soulsaver; 14-04-2018 at 2:16 AM.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 14th Apr 18, 3:03 AM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,525 Thanks
    ValiantSon

Originally posted by nomorekids
    And this is a repeat of my previous reply to your previous post:

Absolutely untrue. I had to sign and return a form by post and my switch incentive was paid in to my account on 12th without any issue. My father went into branch to complete his and he too received the switch incentive, without any issue, on 12th.
    • TheJackah
    • By TheJackah 14th Apr 18, 4:22 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    TheJackah
    Have not received my bonus. Poor service by NatWest. Every other bank gets it right, but not NatWest.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 14th Apr 18, 7:28 AM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Have not received my bonus. Poor service by NatWest. Every other bank gets it right, but not NatWest.
    Originally posted by TheJackah
    Then complain and ask for compensation.
    • HonouraryScouser
    • By HonouraryScouser 14th Apr 18, 8:51 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    HonouraryScouser
    I haven't received my bonus yet either. I was an existing customer and complied with all requirements.

Natwest's Twitter account has been telling people to ring the switching team at 8am this morning however that phone line says office closed. Tried going through the main switchboard too and they said they'd put me through to someone and I got a different recorded message saying they aren't open until 9am. I called back and got put through to complaints and explained the frustration about late payment of bonus, app not working yesterday to enable me to check on payment (apparently an Android specific issue), poor communication and misinformation from Natwest staff. I've been given compensation of 4.05 (reimbursement for time spent calling them - 25 mins) and 25 (inconvenience for late bonus) to be paid into my account within 30 mins.

They still can't confirm what the issue is with the bonus being late or when it will be paid.
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 14th Apr 18, 8:54 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    Hattie625
    I haven't received my bonus yet either. I was an existing customer and complied with all requirements.

Natwest's Twitter account has been telling people to ring the switching team at 8am this morning however that phone line says office closed. Tried going through the main switchboard too and they said they'd put me through to someone and I got a different recorded message saying they aren't open until 9am. I called back and got put through to complaints and explained the frustration about late payment of bonus, app not working yesterday to enable me to check on payment (apparently an Android specific issue), poor communication and misinformation from Natwest staff. I've been given compensation of 4.05 (reimbursement for time spent calling them - 25 mins) and 25 (inconvenience for late bonus) to be paid into my account within 30 mins.

They still can't confirm what the issue is with the bonus being late or when it will be paid.
    Originally posted by HonouraryScouser
    I hope you have reserved your position to seek further compensation if the late bonus doesn't resolve by today. I would suggest 25 for every day that it is late. Think what NatWest would be seeking from you per day if you were in unauthorised overdraft.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 14th Apr 18, 8:56 AM
    • 4,488 Posts
    • 6,474 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Well even if you have to wait a week for it, 25 extra is very nice.

Perhaps those people who have not received the money on time are the lucky ones!
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 14th Apr 18, 8:58 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    Hattie625
    Well even if you have to wait a week for it, 25 extra is very nice.

Perhaps those people who have not received the money on time are the lucky ones!
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Exactly! They will be quids in.
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 14th Apr 18, 9:06 AM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    09:06.... Switching Team phone lines already engaged!

Lol.. ;-)
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 14th Apr 18, 9:11 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 691 Thanks
    Hattie625
    09:06.... Switching Team phone lines already engaged!

Lol.. ;-)
    Originally posted by matrix999
    As predicted last night.....Best just to hold fire and enjoy the day. Any news will be posted on this thread. If you qualify you will get the bonus in due course, with a nice bit of extra cash thrown in
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 14th Apr 18, 9:12 AM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    Still on hold 11 mins so far.

Anyone else remember and keep note of telephone calls for expenses and time and trouble compensation.
    • Organgrinder
    • By Organgrinder 14th Apr 18, 9:19 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Organgrinder
    A shambles of a bank in my opinion.

Already started a switch elsewhere.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

560Posts Today

5,380Users online

Martin's Twitter