Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 53Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 89
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 13th Apr 18, 1:01 PM
    • 4,547 Posts
    • 11,677 Thanks
    EachPenny
    I'm so excited, I just wet myself.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    I think you should get on the phone to NatWest and complain... and ask them to compensate you for your dry cleaning bill.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 13th Apr 18, 1:43 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    18cc
    When does the deadline end today - is it midnight or 'close of business' and, if the latter, what time is 'close of business'
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 13th Apr 18, 1:45 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    18cc
    Indeed.

Previously, on the NatWest Switching thread.

Lots of people have received their bonus.

Lots of people haven't received their bonus.

The deadline for paying the bonus is still twelve hours away.

What will happen next?

I'm so excited, I just wet myself.
    Originally posted by Nick_C

*** warning - spoiler alert ****

More people will receive their bonuses. There will be some who haven't and there will be many pages of analysis why. There will be heated discussions about the exact meansings of 'get', 'by', 'bonus', 'incentive', 'switch' and 'account'. MChambers will receive another compensation payment.
    Last edited by 18cc; 14-04-2018 at 9:03 AM.
    • Shashy
    • By Shashy 13th Apr 18, 1:54 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    Shashy
    Well, both me and my wife have had the incentive.

The experience since then, in trying to actually get the money out, has been monumentally bad. 250 per day limits, security card activation page unavailable, and now both accounts blocked. Can't be unblocked online and I need to call.

By far the worst digital banking experience I've ever come across. Never again.
    • originator
    • By originator 13th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    originator
    I had absolutely no trouble getting my money out,didn't need the card reader and didn't have any 250 pound limit,all done in seconds by faster payment into my santander account.
    Last edited by originator; 13-04-2018 at 2:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    mortgage free 3/10/12
    • surreysaver
    • By surreysaver 13th Apr 18, 2:56 PM
    • 2,434 Posts
    • 1,361 Thanks
    surreysaver
    I got my money Wednesday morning. Faster paymented it out yesterday.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 13th Apr 18, 3:15 PM
    • 704 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    Hattie625
    Well, both me and my wife have had the incentive.

The experience since then, in trying to actually get the money out, has been monumentally bad. 250 per day limits, security card activation page unavailable, and now both accounts blocked. Can't be unblocked online and I need to call.

By far the worst digital banking experience I've ever come across. Never again.
    Originally posted by Shashy
    Probably too late to be of help to you now, but you could have moved the payments out by downloading and using the Nat West mobile app without the rigmarole of security card activation etc.
    • Missus Hyde
    • By Missus Hyde 13th Apr 18, 3:22 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 460 Thanks
    Missus Hyde
    I'm thankful to NatWest for causing such an entertaining thread to be started (with the added bonus of a payout at the end of it!! )

I've thoroughly enjoyed it and some of the witticisms have really made me chuckle (but then I am a bit sad and really should get out more!!
    It's a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known........Sydney Carton.
    • S_uk
    • By S_uk 13th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    S_uk
    Well I've yet to have the payment. When I rang them the guy said that if it isn't paid in by end of business today that I should ring tomorrow to see if they can 'chase it up'. Not very reassuring - why would anything need chasing up? I've kept to the to Ts + Cs to the letter, so why wouldn't they keep to the same conditions?
    • derrick
    • By derrick 13th Apr 18, 3:39 PM
    • 7,022 Posts
    • 2,289 Thanks
    derrick
    I've kept to the to Ts + Cs to the letter, so why wouldn't they keep to the same conditions?
    Originally posted by S_uk

And what makes you think they won't? They have until midnight!

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• matrix999
    • By matrix999 13th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    Well I've yet to have the payment. When I rang them the guy said that if it isn't paid in by end of business today that I should ring tomorrow to see if they can 'chase it up'. Not very reassuring - why would anything need chasing up? I've kept to the to Ts + Cs to the letter, so why wouldn't they keep to the same conditions?
    Complain tomorrow and get some extra dosh as compo
    • S_uk
    • By S_uk 13th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    S_uk
    And what makes you think they won't? They have until midnight!
    Originally posted by derrick
    Well according to their customer service agent, it should be 'by close of business' today, which to me doesn't necessarily mean midnight.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 13th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    • 4,547 Posts
    • 11,677 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Well according to their customer service agent, it should be 'by close of business' today, which to me doesn't necessarily mean midnight.
    They were probably trying to get you off the phone quickly so they could go back to processing the manual bonus payments.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • S_uk
    • By S_uk 13th Apr 18, 4:47 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    S_uk
    They were probably trying to get you off the phone quickly so they could go back to processing the manual bonus payments.
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    Well on twitter Natwest has replied to a comment in relation to the payment by saying that

close of business would relate to around 5/6pm
    So there we have it. Just over an hour to go!
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 13th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 704 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    Hattie625
    Well on twitter Natwest has replied to a comment in relation to the payment by saying that

There will be one huge panic at Nat West HQ with all these manual payments to be processed by 6pm. Serves them right for paying the bonus to all qualifiers within a very short time frame.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 13th Apr 18, 4:58 PM
    • 12,051 Posts
    • 8,194 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    There will be one huge panic at Nat West HQ with all these manual payments to be processed by 6pm. Serves them right for paying the bonus to all qualifiers within a very short time frame.
    Originally posted by Hattie625
    Panic = lots of mistakes. And where there are mistakes there is compo...

I shall be almost disappointed if my payment appears today...
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 13th Apr 18, 5:00 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 1,567 Thanks
    Herbalus

Excellent. Lets all rely on a a tweet from a NatWest employee who says that close of business is either 5pm, 6pm, or somewhere in between.
    • Herbalus
    • By Herbalus 13th Apr 18, 5:02 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 1,567 Thanks
    Herbalus
    Panic = lots of mistakes. And where there are mistakes there is compo...

I shall be almost disappointed if my payment appears today...
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    Given the propensity of NatWest to process transactions with dates that do not match to when they actually happen, I suspect we will get a lot of late payments that miraculously have the credit date of 13 April.
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 13th Apr 18, 5:03 PM
    • 704 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    Hattie625
    Makes you realise how far the British retail banking system has descended into total banality. The cream of graduates from our top universities with first class honours degrees enticed into a career in banking in a taxpayer-owned bank working on this sort of nonsense.
    • S_uk
    • By S_uk 13th Apr 18, 5:05 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    S_uk
    Excellent. Lets all rely on a a tweet from a NatWest employee who says that close of business is either 5pm, 6pm, or somewhere in between.
    Originally posted by Herbalus
    In that case maybe Natwest shouldn't allow their employees who represent their company to put such information out via their official social media account into the public sphere, in answer to a direct question, if the information is not going to be reliable?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,667Posts Today

7,809Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: Pls help stop people who are suicidal being harassed by creditors. People in hospital due to anxiety, depression & more?

• RT @peterkmartin: Thanks @MartinSLewis after hearing you advise many times to switch energy providers, I finally got my finger out and have?

• I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• Follow Martin