Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 55Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 87
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 12th Apr 18, 6:43 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    Hmm.. Definitely looks like those who had an active NatWest account are either going to be paid last or maybe not at all... Queue the complaints on Monday morning!!
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 12th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,525 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    another one who had an existing account with natwest still to get the bonus

way to go to show your loyalty natwest lol
    Originally posted by older_wiser
    To be fair to NatWest, they offered the incentive to existing customers, which many banks won't do, and they promised that payment would be made by 13th April, so they are still within the deadline.

I've found NatWest to be a shambles of a bank in terms of their staff's knowledge and training, and the organisation of the business, but I don't think previously existing customers have anything to complain about if they are amongst the last to receive the bonus (within the specified time). Furthermore, there are existing customers posting on this thread to say that they were amongst the first to receive it.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 12th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,525 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Hmm.. Definitely looks like those who had an active NatWest account are either going to be paid last or maybe not at all... Queue the complaints on Monday morning!!
    Originally posted by matrix999
    The deadline for payment hasn't passed yet! I really don't understand why people are getting het up about this. The time to be annoyed and consider a complaint is 14th April, and not before.
    • S_uk
    • By S_uk 12th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    S_uk
    If I don't receive the payment by midnight i'll be complaining tomorrow. Certainly won't be waiting 'til next week!
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 12th Apr 18, 6:48 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    To be fair to NatWest, they offered the incentive to existing customers, which many banks won't do, and they promised that payment would be made by 13th April, so they are still within the deadline.

I've found NatWest to be a shambles of a bank in terms of their staff's knowledge and training, and the organisation of the business, but I don't think previously existing customers have anything to complain about if they are amongst the last to receive the bonus (within the specified time). Furthermore, there are existing customers posting on this thread to say that they were amongst the first to receive it.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    True.. Would be interesting to know what order if any the payments are being made?
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 12th Apr 18, 6:49 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,525 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    If I don't receive the payment by midnight i'll be complaining tomorrow. Certainly won't be waiting 'til next week!
    Originally posted by S_uk
    That would be pointless, because they have until 11:59 p.m. tomorrow to make the payment.
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 12th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    I spoke to someone on the live chat earlier and they told me the processing of the payments had been 'outsourced'

Any ideas?
    • S_uk
    • By S_uk 12th Apr 18, 6:56 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    S_uk
    That would be pointless, because they have until 11:59 p.m. tomorrow to make the payment.
    Well it's a bit ambiguous whether 'by' means before that date or including the day itself. To be clear they could've stated 'by 23.59 on 13th April'
    Last edited by S_uk; 12-04-2018 at 7:00 PM.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 12th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 1,875 Posts
    • 4,579 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Same here, no incentive - switched an account to an existing NatWest current account... Will be using the Resolver service to compain tomorrow if nothing appears overnight. I tried to switch on the phone by calling the switching team but was directed to use some archaic looking form on the website.
    Originally posted by Wednesday100
    The deadline is tomorrow - if it's not there after that (i.e midnight tomorrow) you have cause for compliant, not before. You really want to waste the bank staff's time (and your's ) beforehand? Why?
    • shezzone
    • By shezzone 12th Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    shezzone
    I switched to an already active NatWest account and have not received the 125 yet.

Anyone else in the same position?
    Same and nothing.
    • CavendishWobble
    • By CavendishWobble 12th Apr 18, 7:40 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    CavendishWobble
    125 into my account today! I used a 'doner' account which had zero in it at the time.

All good!
    Save 12k in 2018 = 16,005.81/15,000 (107%) #36
    Virtual Sealed Pot = 133.01/200 #11
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 #19
    1 a Day Challenge = 646.18/668

Starting: Jan'17: 33,729
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 12th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 8,743 Posts
    • 9,999 Thanks
    eskbanker
    I used a 'doner' account which had zero in it at the time.
    Originally posted by CavendishWobble
    Not even a pitta-nce?
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 12th Apr 18, 8:06 PM
    • 8,696 Posts
    • 23,648 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Well it's a bit ambiguous whether 'by' means before that date or including the day itself. To be clear they could've stated 'by 23.59 on 13th April'
    In general conversation the meaning of 'by' can be flexible, usually depending on the context it is used in. However, we are talking about bank terms and conditions, which form part of a contract, and therefore need to be read as legal language, not general conversation:-
    Legally "By" should be read as including the day/date specified, "Before" should be read as excluding the specified day/date.
    <snip>
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    If NatWest had gone the extra mile to make it absolutely clear by when the payment would be made, then people would have been coming on here complaining that the T&C's are far too long and full of gobbledegook.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • crumpetman
    • By crumpetman 12th Apr 18, 8:14 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    crumpetman
    Why all the paranoia regarding the bonus payment? At least wait until Saturday.

There might not even be a pattern/method to the order. Both me and wife switched from donor accounts, my account was opened first and switched first but she got the switching bonus yesterday and I got mine today.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 12th Apr 18, 9:18 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,525 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    It isn't ambiguous. That is what the word "by" means; it has always been an inclusive term.
    • schiff
    • By schiff 12th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    • 18,284 Posts
    • 9,725 Thanks
    schiff
    It isn't ambiguous. That is what the word "by" means; it has always been an inclusive term.
    Why do the words ad infinitum drift across my consciousness?
    • starM
    • By starM 12th Apr 18, 9:40 PM
    • 1,399 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    starM
    Still waiting for mine and my other half to arrive. I was existing customer and my half is a new customer. Not sure why its taking time.
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 12th Apr 18, 10:09 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    Still waiting for mine and my other half to arrive. I was existing customer and my half is a new customer. Not sure why its taking time.
    Originally posted by starM
    Exactly the same situation as me. Let's hope it comes in tomorrow!
    • BarGin
    • By BarGin 12th Apr 18, 10:09 PM
    • 812 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    BarGin
    I applied online as required but I was asked to go to a branch to complete the application as somehow they had me signed up for a "private" account for which I was not eligible. The account was opened there and then in my local branch without further ado. When I got home I phoned to check if I was still eligible for the cash incentive and they said yes. However I have not received anything yet so am beginning to wonder.
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 13th Apr 18, 6:45 AM
    • 1,390 Posts
    • 4,916 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    Still nothing...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

1,928Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin