Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 53Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 67
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 13th Mar 18, 1:54 PM
    • 7,161 Posts
    • 7,607 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Just hazarding a guess here, could the payment be being held back until the new financial year has started?
    Originally posted by harz99
    Not sure what the relevance of tax years would be (assuming you're referring to the 6 April rollover), but the corporate RBS Group financial year for accounting purposes is calendar years.

However, the cumulative value of this incentive would be trivial rounding errors in the context of group turnover so it seems somewhat doubtful that the scheduling of its payout would be significant enough to warrant alignment with any external dates....
    • C J
    • By C J 13th Mar 18, 1:57 PM
    • 995 Posts
    • 6,109 Thanks
    C J
    I completed the switch to Natwest about a fortnight ago, but haven't yet received my card reader. Since I had paid in 1500 in order to qualify for the switching bonus, I've had to use the app to withdraw 250 a day without it. Helpfully, I thought, they had listed some payee details on my new Natwest account which must have migrated across in the switch - this was one of my Tesco internet saver accounts with the DD facility I was using. On my old account I referred to this as "Tesco2", and it appeared thus on my shiny new Natwest account.

However the two app withdrawals I have made haven't shown up in the Tesco account, so I rang Natwest today to query it. It turns out that although the Tesco sort code is correct, my 'payee' has an account number which is completely unknown to me. I wonder whether there has been an error in migrating it across. Natwest asked me to call back tomorrow to see if the requested payment has been rejected by the bank (although I assume it is somebody's account number at Tesco, so they have no doubt now benefitted from 500 from me). Natwest didn't seem certain what to do, and I'm very upset about it as you can imagine.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 13th Mar 18, 2:11 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    18cc
    I think you have every justification for being upset - it is appalling!

You could ask Tesco if it is a real account number - they may not tell you but they might is it doesn't exist

Under the CASS guarantee you have a claim against NatWest
    • PrettyFlower90
    • By PrettyFlower90 15th Mar 18, 8:39 AM
    • 195 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    PrettyFlower90
    Had a quick look to see if anyone has received their bonus yet? Both me and my husband met all the requirements and opened it a month ago I would say, or close to that. I assumed we would have to wait until 13th April but seems someone on here has posted saying they got it ages ago? Anyone else received theirs?
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 15th Mar 18, 8:54 AM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 1,840 Thanks
    MABLE
    Had a quick look to see if anyone has received their bonus yet? Both me and my husband met all the requirements and opened it a month ago I would say, or close to that. I assumed we would have to wait until 13th April but seems someone on here has posted saying they got it ages ago? Anyone else received theirs?
    Originally posted by PrettyFlower90
    If they had it was definitely not the Natwest bonus. You know the time frame like the rest of us.
    • Chadsman
    • By Chadsman 15th Mar 18, 9:02 AM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    Chadsman
    I completed the switch to Natwest about a fortnight ago...
    Originally posted by C J
    I was in a similar position in that I wanted to withdraw funds I had paid into Natwest but without a debit card so I withdrew by direct debit to a TESCO current account.
    For small amounts deposited by direct debit TESCO will clear the payments as soon as they appear online. I withdrew all 1500 deposited so I had to wait six days for it to clear. I don't know what the limit is for immediate clearance (it might be 1000, 500, 100 or...) but if you have a number of TESCO savings accounts with DDs set up on the donor account you could withdraw the remainder in chunks to different accounts and get it quicker than waiting for a card reader.
    God save the Queen!
    I'll save Elizabeth Fry, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, Matthew Boulton and James Watt.
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 15th Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    gingercordial
    Not sure what the relevance of tax years would be (assuming you're referring to the 6 April rollover), but the corporate RBS Group financial year for accounting purposes is calendar years.

However, the cumulative value of this incentive would be trivial rounding errors in the context of group turnover so it seems somewhat doubtful that the scheduling of its payout would be significant enough to warrant alignment with any external dates....
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    And indeed the value of the expected pay out would already need to be recognised as a liability in the accounts even if they drew them up today (or at quarter end). The physical cash payment out makes very little difference for results purposes.
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 15th Mar 18, 1:02 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    gingercordial
    Originally posted by PrettyFlower90
    Which post are you referring to with someone saying they got it ages ago? I can't see one on this thread, but may have missed it.

All the posts I have read are people either wondering if they might get it early or saying that they don't expect to get it early.

I am firmly in the camp of not expecting to get it early.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 15th Mar 18, 1:57 PM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    eschaton
    Which post are you referring to with someone saying they got it ages ago? I can't see one on this thread, but may have missed it.
    Originally posted by gingercordial
    I got mine many weeks ago.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    I'm sure he did......
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 15th Mar 18, 3:09 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    Mchambers
    I'm sure he did......
    Originally posted by eschaton
    Yep all done and dusted.

Just waiting for my next target.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 15th Mar 18, 5:58 PM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    Yep all done and dusted.

God you are boring!
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 15th Mar 18, 6:41 PM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    eschaton
    Yep all done and dusted.

Stick up a screenshot of your account then.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 15th Mar 18, 7:32 PM
    • 2,380 Posts
    • 1,796 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Please just ignore this character.

They just love attention.

A severe case of 'LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!'
    • Beth Webb
    • By Beth Webb 16th Mar 18, 9:43 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Beth Webb
    150 if you switch to HSBC!
    xx PRINCESS BETH xx
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 16th Mar 18, 11:10 AM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    eschaton
    Please just ignore this character.

They just love attention.

A severe case of 'LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!'
    Originally posted by veryintrigued

Poor scone, thinking 'look at me' when everyone else is thinking something totally different.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 16th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    eschaton
    150 if you switch to HSBC!
    Originally posted by Beth Webb
    You're full of great info this morning for just joining.
    • central
    • By central 16th Mar 18, 11:58 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    central
    You're full of great info this morning for just joining.
    Originally posted by eschaton
    In English please?
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 16th Mar 18, 12:14 PM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    eschaton
    In English please?
    Originally posted by central
    That is English, maybe you just need a bit longer studying each word.
    • rnickster
    • By rnickster 21st Mar 18, 12:22 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    rnickster
    No bonus paid here yet.
    • betweenarockandhardplace
    • By betweenarockandhardplace 21st Mar 18, 1:01 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    betweenarockandhardplace
    I haven!!!8217;t got mine yet...
    Good things come to those who wait...

House Deposit Savings: 450/10,000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,734Posts Today

6,067Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin