Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 66
    • harz99
    • By harz99 10th Mar 18, 2:14 PM
    • 2,672 Posts
    • 2,602 Thanks
    harz99
    >

So to help the time pass I thought I'd ask where are people switching their accounts to on 14th April?

Myself I'm thinking of M&S, you?
    Originally posted by telemarks

So far this year, DW and I have netted £700 from switches and recommendations, soon to be £825 when this one pays out. Trouble is now I've run out of banks, and DW probably won't meet the criteria for HSBC or First Direct which are her only two options - we'll try though.
    • Gizmo70
    • By Gizmo70 10th Mar 18, 10:10 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Gizmo70
    My switch from a Nationwide FlexDirect was due to complete on 9th March but when I checked it hadn't, so I phoned the NatWest switch team today.
    The person I spoke to initially claimed I'd not asked for a full switch, which I rejected so he did some checking and then said it was possibly because my source account was linked to a mortgage. Again I rejected that claim too, he then put me on hold for a short time and came back to say it was down to a system failure and I'd have restart the switch process.
    I asked wouldn't that stop me receiving the £125 switch incentive, to which he said he would put a note on the system explaining the situation.
    We'll see what happens over the next month...*fingers crossed*
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 11th Mar 18, 8:46 AM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    My switch from a Nationwide FlexDirect was due to complete on 9th March but when I checked it hadn't, so I phoned the NatWest switch team today.
    The person I spoke to initially claimed I'd not asked for a full switch, which I rejected so he did some checking and then said it was possibly because my source account was linked to a mortgage. Again I rejected that claim too, he then put me on hold for a short time and came back to say it was down to a system failure and I'd have restart the switch process.
    I asked wouldn't that stop me receiving the £125 switch incentive, to which he said he would put a note on the system explaining the situation.
    We'll see what happens over the next month...*fingers crossed*
    Originally posted by Gizmo70
    I would insist on compensation.
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 11th Mar 18, 12:19 PM
    • 747 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    Hattie625
    I would be amazed if marketing depts don't scour every forum they can - it is all free data on what people are saying about their brand.

That said, they don't need to read the forums to find out how much an offer is or isn't being abused. They have much better internal hard data on how many people switch and stick vs those that cut and run.

From the number of banks who have joined in with switch offers - and those they keep increasing the bribe - I would bet the banks are more than happy with the retention they are seeing.
    Originally posted by alternate
    I don't have any inside knowledge of how the banks' marketing strategists work. However I think it would be an unwise move for them to place too much reliance on forums such as this one because posters on here are probably not very representative of the potential customer base at large. On the other hand, I did once make a comment about an inordinate delay in one of the small building societies with which I have a regular saver account posting online deposits to the account. I received a reply on the forum very quickly from a customer service representative of the society concerned explaining that there was a glitsch in their system which they were aware about and were rectifying. Impressive response, I felt.
    • bluehydrangeas
    • By bluehydrangeas 12th Mar 18, 6:08 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    bluehydrangeas
    Has anyone received their switching bonus yet? I completed the switch over a month ago now and haven't received anything. I also met the deposit requirements.
    • derrick
    • By derrick 12th Mar 18, 6:11 PM
    • 7,061 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    derrick
    Has anyone received their switching bonus yet? I completed the switch over a month ago now and haven't received anything. I also met the deposit requirements.
    Originally posted by bluehydrangeas

See post 1266.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 12th Mar 18, 6:17 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    I got mine many weeks ago.
    • trickydicky14
    • By trickydicky14 12th Mar 18, 7:10 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    trickydicky14
    card reader
    How long have you waited for a card reader?
    I ordered one online 7 working days ago and nothing as yet.
    I do know I can download an app and take money out in small amounts but I would sooner have a card reader.
    Thanks for any input.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 12th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 4,654 Posts
    • 1,905 Thanks
    KTF
    I would insist on compensation.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    What should they be compensated for given they may well still get the bonus?
    • MDMD
    • By MDMD 12th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    MDMD
    How long have you waited for a card reader?
    I ordered one online 7 working days ago and nothing as yet.
    I do know I can download an app and take money out in small amounts but I would sooner have a card reader.
    Thanks for any input.
    Originally posted by trickydicky14
    Do you have a card reader from one of the other banks (I have RBS, Co-op, Nationwide but I think Barclays use them also).
    • trickydicky14
    • By trickydicky14 13th Mar 18, 8:58 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    trickydicky14
    Hi MDMD,
    Yes I do have other card readers and I did read somewhere you can use them with other banks, my concern is Natwest appear to require you to Ďactivateí your new card reader which others I have do not ask you to do. Would this be an issue?
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 13th Mar 18, 9:45 AM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    What should they be compensated for given they may well still get the bonus?
    Originally posted by KTF
    And they may not ! so I would complain to Natwest due to their incompetence. I reckon they will get more than £125.
    • Steve_xx
    • By Steve_xx 13th Mar 18, 10:09 AM
    • 6,540 Posts
    • 2,738 Thanks
    Steve_xx
    Hi MDMD,
    Yes I do have other card readers and I did read somewhere you can use them with other banks, my concern is Natwest appear to require you to !!!8216;activate!!!8217; your new card reader which others I have do not ask you to do. Would this be an issue?
    Originally posted by trickydicky14
    No it won't be an issue for you to 'activate' a none-Natwest card reader for use with your Natwest debit card. I used a Nationwide reader.

Follow the online instructions for activating the reader and you should be just fine.
    • TREVORCOLMAN
    • By TREVORCOLMAN 13th Mar 18, 11:03 AM
    • 909 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    TREVORCOLMAN
    Anyone else having problems with Rewards. The reward part of their system just gives you a figure that you have gained. Is there any way of seeing what the amount relates to listed.

IE DD £100 2% = £2.

Otherwise how can I check it is correct?
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
    • ToTo Man
    • By ToTo Man 13th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    ToTo Man
    Anyone else having problems with Rewards. The reward part of their system just gives you a figure that you have gained. Is there any way of seeing what the amount relates to listed.

IE DD £100 2% = £2.

Otherwise how can I check it is correct?
    Originally posted by TREVORCOLMAN
    Click 'My Account' near the top right corner of the My Rewards page to see a list of all the transactions rewards have been earned on.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 13th Mar 18, 11:30 AM
    • 911 Posts
    • 610 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Still waiting and I applied at the start of the offer. Don't understand why some banks are so tardy when it comes to paying out when all the criteria have been met. Seems some like NatWest just have to drag it out to the stipulated by April 13th deadline whereas Halifax can payout within days for their account switching offer.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 13th Mar 18, 11:39 AM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Still waiting and I applied at the start of the offer. Don't understand why some banks are so tardy when it comes to paying out when all the criteria have been met. Seems some like NatWest just have to drag it out to the stipulated by April 13th deadline whereas Halifax can payout within days for their account switching offer.
    Originally posted by Yorkshire Pud

"If you meet the eligibility criteria for this offer, we'll pay £125 into your eligible account by 13 April 2018, but please note:
    If you close your eligible account before this date, then the £125 won't be paid.."

So, as previously reported, in effect you can't meet the criteria until April 13th...
    • telemarks
    • By telemarks 13th Mar 18, 11:44 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    telemarks
    3 Days to go ...
    So in effect you can't meet ALL the criteria until April 13th...
    For those who have opened an account ... Three days to go to:
    1. switch a non-NatWest account
    2. deposit £1,500
    3. log into online or mobile banking

Once that's done
    31 Days to go ...

Last edited by telemarks; 13-03-2018 at 1:57 PM. Reason: added stuff
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 13th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 610 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    "If you meet the eligibility criteria for this offer, we'll pay £125 into your eligible account by 13 April 2018, but please note:
    If you close your eligible account before this date, then the £125 won't be paid.."

So, as previously reported, in effect you can't meet the criteria until April 13th...
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    Nothing to stop them paying out before the 13th, it says by not on. If they have already paid out it doesn't matter if you close your account before 13th.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 13th Mar 18, 1:46 PM
    • 2,672 Posts
    • 2,602 Thanks
    harz99
    Just hazarding a guess here, could the payment be being held back until the new financial year has started?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,269Posts Today

8,416Users online

Martin's Twitter