Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 53Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 58
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 11th Feb 18, 12:01 PM
    • 1,606 Posts
    • 1,352 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Probably already been asked before but...

I have signed in on the app with my iPhone and iPad

But I have a question about the £1500 pay in

I don!!!8217;t have £1500 to pay directly in but I do have £300 in savings

If I transferred £300 in and out 5 times would that count? Can I do the transfers all in one day or would I have to do on different days e.g transfer £300 today transfer back tomorrow then day after repeat?

I plan on using this account as a billing account but not for another few months yet

Thanks
    Originally posted by betweenarockandhardplace
    Yes you can transfer the £300 in and out to meet the pay in criteria. Personally, I would do it over a few days to try and avoid getting your account frozen due to suspected fraud.
    • telemarks
    • By telemarks 12th Feb 18, 11:22 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    telemarks
    I must agree; I withdrew the £1500 over the period of a few days in smallish chunks of £400 and £300, so as not to spook the ďfraud teamĒ and it seems to have worked okay.
    Originally posted by Missus Hyde
    Thanks for the info. Did you withdraw to the same account each time? or spread across a few accounts?

Just trying to avoid having to get friendly with NatWest fraud team
    • Gazza9999
    • By Gazza9999 12th Feb 18, 11:33 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Gazza9999
    I transferred £1500 out without any probs. No fraud team involvement.
    • originator
    • By originator 12th Feb 18, 12:08 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    originator
    So did I,theres exactly 28 pence left in the account too.That will stay like that until the incentive is paid in April.
    mortgage free 3/10/12
    • Badger50
    • By Badger50 12th Feb 18, 3:07 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Badger50
    Like many others I found the application process quite complicated and protracted. (In fact it still isn't quite complete since I am am still waiting for my activation code). On the other hand, when MrsBadger50 applied for an account a few days after me her application just sailed through and was instantly accepted online.
    • originator
    • By originator 12th Feb 18, 3:25 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    originator
    the digi docs thing threw me in the beginning,but i was able to rope in a random child who did all that bit for me(I struggle with copy and paste so there there was no hope of me doing it alone),after that it was painless....
    mortgage free 3/10/12
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 12th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 4,271 Posts
    • 38,649 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Thanks for the info. Did you withdraw to the same account each time? or spread across a few accounts?

Originally posted by telemarks
    I moved mine into/ out of 3 different accounts but mainly the Yorks bank which was the one I then switched.
    There really shouldn't be a problem once you can get to the second level of security because you can set up payees and then use them subsequently without further authority.
    I shall be keeping this until the payout- and then hope another nice Halifax comes along- no rush!! (it's too soon now!)
    I want it to look like a 'real' current a/c.........(whatever that is)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..39 cc+.840mm(84p) + RK £3.07= £4.30
    • Missus Hyde
    • By Missus Hyde 12th Feb 18, 7:37 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 460 Thanks
    Missus Hyde

Originally posted by telemarks
    Hi Telemarks,

Having paid the £1500 into the NatWest a/c, I withdrew the chunks back to our main account, £400 one day and perhaps £300 over the next couple of days and then £400 and so on, until all the money was back in our original account.

I also made a few spends out of the NatWest account (I needed to buy a couple of rail tickets as I was going up to London over a couple of days and used the debit card for that, as I would have used that money from our main account anyway, so it was no inconvenience).

It just makes it look more like a used account, rather than simply paying a large sum of money in and then withdrawing it.
    It's a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known........Sydney Carton.
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 13th Feb 18, 12:00 PM
    • 678 Posts
    • 214 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    A lot of people on here seem to be trying to make Natwest 'think' they are using the account 'properly' rather than simply to get the incentive (by making payments, several transfers etc.)

Just to confirm - this is completely unnecessary - so long as you meet the t & c - see my post #3 on this thread, you'll get the incentive, no matter what Natwest 'think' you are doing
    • originator
    • By originator 13th Feb 18, 12:04 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    originator
    a bit of sense at last
    mortgage free 3/10/12
    • ST-User
    • By ST-User 13th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ST-User
    Maybe you are right, however it can't do any harm to show a more 'normal' activity, just to reduce the chance of a 50 min phone call to the fraud dept.
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 13th Feb 18, 12:54 PM
    • 678 Posts
    • 214 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    so instead of spending time and effort on the phone to the fraud department (which you likely will not need to), you are spending time and effort making the account 'look normal' (and you still might end up on the phone to the fraud department)....
    • LFC_
    • By LFC_ 13th Feb 18, 1:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LFC_
    Considering going for the Select account - Does anybody know the rules regarding the £1500 deposit? My work salary is around £1200 which would be deposited in, say if I got my girlfriend to then deposit an extra 2/300 to take the balance over £1500 would that work?
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 13th Feb 18, 1:25 PM
    • 3,044 Posts
    • 11,039 Thanks
    Frogletina
    Considering going for the Select account - Does anybody know the rules regarding the £1500 deposit? My work salary is around £1200 which would be deposited in, say if I got my girlfriend to then deposit an extra 2/300 to take the balance over £1500 would that work?
    Originally posted by LFC_
    Yes....or withdraw £300 and deposit it again
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 £1567.31 SPC 9 #441 £1014.64 SPC 10 #441 £1164.13
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 13th Feb 18, 1:26 PM
    • 1,606 Posts
    • 1,352 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Yes, or you could withdraw £300 of your salary and then pay it back in.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 13th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    • 2,651 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    harz99
    Balance does not need to be £1500 or over. All that is required is that a total of £1500 must be paid in by the stipulated date. This can be many smaller amounts and these do not have to stay in the account more than one day (ie long enough to have registered as being in the account).
    Last edited by harz99; 13-02-2018 at 1:31 PM. Reason: interpretation
    • LFC_
    • By LFC_ 13th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LFC_
    Even easier, cheers!
    • fabsaver
    • By fabsaver 13th Feb 18, 1:42 PM
    • 849 Posts
    • 1,348 Thanks
    fabsaver
    A lot of people on here seem to be trying to make Natwest 'think' they are using the account 'properly' rather than simply to get the incentive (by making payments, several transfers etc.)

Just to confirm - this is completely unnecessary - so long as you meet the t & c - see my post #3 on this thread, you'll get the incentive, no matter what Natwest 'think' you are doing
    Originally posted by beefturnmail
    I agree. As long as the terms of the offer are met why worry what NatWest 'think'.

In my case I transferred the full £1,500 straight out again and did not experience any problems. I did not have to speak to the fraud team at all. Ultimately it's my money and transferring it to another account in my name shouldn't have to result in a lengthy call to the fraud team.

Maybe their systems will soon learn that £1,500 transfers in/out in quick succession are 'normal' for new NatWest accounts.
    • adindas
    • By adindas 13th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 3,508 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    adindas
    I agree. As long as the terms of the offer are met why worry what NatWest 'think'.

In my case I transferred the full £1,500 straight out again and did not experience any problems. I did not have to speak to the fraud team at all. Ultimately it's my money and transferring it to another account in my name shouldn't have to result in a lengthy call to the fraud team.

Maybe their systems will soon learn that £1,500 transfers in/out in quick succession are 'normal' for new NatWest accounts.
    Originally posted by fabsaver
    Lol, and they will stop people from doing that by changing its T&C.
    • bevmk127
    • By bevmk127 13th Feb 18, 5:42 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 626 Thanks
    bevmk127
    Sorry may of already been answered but mentions about joint accounts only one reward. We have a joint NatWest account but separate m and s accounts will we get the £125 each if we both switch or will it only be eligible for one reward.
    I like doing it daily
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

257Posts Today

3,318Users online

Martin's Twitter