xylophone Posts: 44,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £1400,

Typo for £1500.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    My other half applied. Didnt switch during the application but it was accepted. It said documents will be sent by post to sign and return. She already has a savings account. Anyone else had that?
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    starM wrote: »
    My other half applied. Didnt switch during the application but it was accepted. It said documents will be sent by post to sign and return. She already has a savings account. Anyone else had that?

Yes I already has a bank account savings account and Isa with natwest and still had to sign documents, but didnt have to upload ID.

Account appeared on my internet banking shortly after I signed and returned.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Maiden_Mum
    Options
    Apologies if these are silly questions but I have never done this before!
    My husband & I have been with HSBC for yonks. Our main account is joint but I also have 2 other accounts with them that are just in my sole name that I just use as holding places on line. I do have debit cards for them although have never used those debit cards. Could I just switch one of those accounts or would I have to switch our main account? Then if I can just use of the accounts that are in my sole name do I just need to transfer £1500 in every month to the Natwest one & then can transfer it out again a few days later?
    Lastly what is a card reader? I have googled but to be honest am not much clearer on what it is!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maiden_Mum wrote: »
    Could I just switch one of those accounts
    Yes.
    do I just need to transfer £1500 in every month to the Natwest one & then can transfer it out again a few days later?
    Only if you want the Reward account. Not if you want the Select account (which only needs one £1,500 credit). Explained in the incentive T&Cs. Suggest you read them.
    Lastly what is a card reader? I have googled but to be honest am not much clearer on what it is!
    You've googled? Why not just go to the NatWest site, type "card reader" in the search box on their homepage, and press enter?
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 11:26PM
    Options
    I just applied but I've been left a bit confused. I got to what I believed to be the last page, and clicked on a link to do with providing photo ID, and couldn't get back to the other page. On trying to provide photo ID it said I should have a number in the e-mail I received, but I haven't received one yet.

How long does it take to get a welcome email after applying? (I expected it to be instantaneous).
  • Maiden_Mum
    Options
    Thanks Yorkshire Boy. Ok I have been on the Natwest page & understand now what a card reader is.

This whole thing sounds too easy / good to be true but I shall give it a go tomorrow.

Just one more question - I have a Natwest credit card which I use occasionally - this won't make any difference to the application?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maiden_Mum wrote: »
    This whole thing sounds too easy / good to be true
    Never look a gift horse...
    but I shall give it a go tomorrow.
    Get it done well before 10pm, as their systems seem to shut down at that time.
    Just one more question - I have a Natwest credit card which I use occasionally - this won't make any difference to the application?
    Correct.
  • bluehydrangeas
    Options
    I have received my debit card and PIN from NatWest, but have not received the activation code which is required to register for online banking. Do they send that out automatically or do you have to ask them to send one?
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    I also have not received my 'activation code' but in fact if you have your debit card (and customer number) you can register for internet banking using the debit card and therefore don't need an activation code.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure