Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 56
    • wallofbeans
    • By wallofbeans 9th Feb 18, 2:17 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    wallofbeans
    for this promo all in branch would mean you miss 125 handout
    You have to go online as part of the deal.
    You have to go online to order the card reader and it has to come in the post!

Yes, NatWest have created loads of confusion, not helped by some of the documentation they've sent out with out of date telephone opening hours and the like.
    However it does appear that those folk who have dealt almost exclusively online/ mobile have had a quicker experience.(The red carpet treatment)

My suggestion is to take the money (they owed me some anyway! I have a long memory!) and don't linger too long in their clutches afterwards!
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    I dealt exclusively online and it has been a complete mess. I had no choice but to call them to sort out, and they didn't know for sure what the problem was and even suggested going in to a branch.

Have people really done it exclusively online? So without getting anything in the post to sign? I didn't ask to be sent any paperwork in the post, it has just arrived after doing the application and ID submitting all online.

I'm not saying doing it in branch will currently work for this deal. But that the different ways of doing it shouldn't be mixed up. If you start the application online then it should remain that way, them offering or telling customers to go into a branch or call this number or sign this form sent in the post shouldn't be possible - if it's started online, it should all be done online.

It seems to be working now though....
    • roxy28
    • By roxy28 9th Feb 18, 2:53 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    roxy28
    I didn't suggest that everyone has DDs or SOs set up.

I've done many switches over recent years, but like most regular posters on here, always make sure that the account to be switched has something on or in it!
    Originally posted by badger09
    No you never said dd etc, but just giving an example of the last couple of pages.

Post 1075 and post 1091
    • derrick
    • By derrick 9th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 7,061 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    derrick
    Have you switched as well? Hope so.

That's flipping ridiculous. I was sent a signature form to sign and return in the first week together with a reply paid envelope and aload of leaflets
    It wouldn't surprise me if they were making up the rules as they go along!! I would just phone up and say you are still waiting for the signature form to be sent to you,as promised- it hasn't arrived yet.

Yes I switched, actually everything went perfectly until the problem with this bl**dy signature form

I have spoken to them again and am told they do not know which form it is as there are loads of forms

She is now going to contact my local branch and request they send out a paper form for me to send to Kent

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 9th Feb 18, 3:14 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 38,868 Thanks
    Katiehound
    I have spoken to them again and am told they do not know which form it is as there are loads of forms
    Originally posted by derrick
    Well, if they don't know then there's not a lot of hope for the rest of us!!

You could make a complaint that they are seriously messing you about?

Just keep a record of all these calls- hopefully it won't come to that!
    Seriously I certainly had a form with a signature box, I won't bore you with the involved story, but it did eventually get posted to Chatham.

My switch went thro today.
    Money transferred from Yorks
    My SO transferred
    1500 already visited and moved on
    My Yorks Bank a/c closed
    Roll on my welcome handshake!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..2319 cc+.2205mm (2.20.5) + RK 5.21= 30.64.5
    • roxy28
    • By roxy28 9th Feb 18, 5:03 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    roxy28
    Yes I switched, actually everything went perfectly until the problem with this bl**dy signature form

She is now going to contact my local branch and request they send out a paper form for me to send to Kent
    Originally Posted by roxy28
    They have asked me to print out a document/form as well,i have downloaded it and will send it back with my signature. Its a very simple form.

I could also i suppose drop if off at the local branch i have chosen

Originally posted by derrick
    This is what i was asked to do, it was one of my messages online. I have put my own stamp on it but if it pushes things along its ok.
    • I am spartacus
    • By I am spartacus 9th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    I am spartacus
    Hi Guys,
    Not read all through thread so I apologise if my question has already been answered, I am switching my Clydesdale bank account to NatWest, opened up a couple of extra select accounts with a plan to keep the "switched" one with NatWest and move / switch the other two after a month or two.
    Do NatWest clamp down on this sort of thing and close all your accounts if they see this type of thing occurring? I dont want to shot myself in the foot and end up in the situation of Do not pass go do not collect 200
    Thanking you in advance for any replies.
    Last edited by I am spartacus; 09-02-2018 at 5:06 PM. Reason: does not show quote marks correctly
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 9th Feb 18, 6:03 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 38,868 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Hi Guys,
    Not read all through thread so I apologise if my question has already been answered, I am switching my Clydesdale bank account to NatWest, opened up a couple of extra select accounts with a plan to keep the "switched" one with NatWest and move / switch the other two after a month or two.
    Do NatWest clamp down on this sort of thing and close all your accounts if they see this type of thing occurring? I dont want to shot myself in the foot and end up in the situation of Do not pass go do not collect 200
    Thanking you in advance for any replies.
    Originally posted by I am spartacus
    Most of us have struggled with opening just the one account so I honestly don't know........ Actually never thought of creating a donor one here .......but that's a thought. (However I think I would rather be moving on- it has been an 'experience' and a half!)
    Many thanks

• Badger50
    • By Badger50 9th Feb 18, 7:07 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Badger50
    If it's a .jpg file how on earth could they tell if it's been taken by a scanner or a camera?
    Originally posted by 18cc
    Metadata. They might interrogate it to check that it's a recent image for example. Perhaps they don't look at the metadata, but they could.
    • I am spartacus
    • By I am spartacus 9th Feb 18, 7:19 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    I am spartacus
    Most of us have struggled with opening just the one account so I honestly don't know........ Actually never thought of creating a donor one here .......but that's a thought. (However I think I would rather be moving on- it has been an 'experience' and a half!)
    Hi Katiehound,

Thanks for reply, my experience account opening was not too bad, filled in online application, did not like the idea of sending ID proof online so I made an in branch appointment, took along ID required and online application ref. number account was set up and account number given, online password etc. also set up, then only had to wait for the debit card and card reader to come via post.

Opening the other select account easy via link once logged in, I did not want any overdraft and no further proof of ID needed, new account number and debit card sent out.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 9th Feb 18, 8:51 PM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Metadata. They might interrogate it to check that it's a recent image for example. Perhaps they don't look at the metadata, but they could.
    Originally posted by Badger50
    Don't think that's it. My driving licence scan was done the day I uploaded it.

They're just making it up as they go along.
    • roxy28
    • By roxy28 9th Feb 18, 9:33 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    roxy28
    .I have recieved my debit card today, 2 days after my online application was accepted.
    Never had a debit card with no account number on it before,it just has the sort code and the 16 long number.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 9th Feb 18, 10:13 PM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    .I have recieved my debit card today, 2 days after my online application was accepted.
    Never had a debit card with no account number on it before,it just has the sort code and the 16 long number.
    Originally posted by roxy28
    Oh good, yet another weird quirk of NatWest! Why, after all, would I want easy access to my account number?
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 9th Feb 18, 10:14 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 38,868 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Originally posted by roxy28
    Yes, that's how they come!
    If you want to know your account number (and don't already) they should be able to tell you over the phone if you have all the other parts of the puzzle! ie application number etc
    Many thanks

• Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 9th Feb 18, 10:16 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 38,868 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Oh good, yet another weird quirk of NatWest! Why, after all, would I want easy access to my account number?
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    Oh, it's a security thing! It's so that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!
    Many thanks

• northwalesd
    • By northwalesd 9th Feb 18, 10:18 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    northwalesd
    Have people really done it exclusively online? So without getting anything in the post to sign? I didn't ask to be sent any paperwork in the post, it has just arrived after doing the application and ID submitting all online.
    Originally posted by wallofbeans
    Mine wasn't exclusively online as I too had to complete and return the signature specimen form to Chatham. But even that posed no issues on my account opening/switch, it's all gone like a dream.
    • Curls2208
    • By Curls2208 9th Feb 18, 10:19 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Curls2208
    Does anyone know if you need to be registered for online banking for this? I thought I was as I have the App and it works fine. But apparently I'm not 'activated' and need the activation code. Thing is, I'm not in the country for the next few months so can't check my post.

I do however have 1500 in the account and the Mobile banking app. Recon that'll be enough?
    • bioboybill
    • By bioboybill 9th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    • 2,994 Posts
    • 1,370 Thanks
    bioboybill
    Does anyone know if you need to be registered for online banking for this? I thought I was as I have the App and it works fine. But apparently I'm not 'activated' and need the activation code. Thing is, I'm not in the country for the next few months so can't check my post.

I do however have 1500 in the account and the Mobile banking app. Recon that'll be enough?
    Originally posted by Curls2208
    The terms say you have to login to online or mobile banking. As you have logged in to mobile banking you have met the terms IMHO.
    • magicarpet
    • By magicarpet 9th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    magicarpet
    Can't get money out
    I was tempted by this offer but a friend of mine who is a veteran moneysaver had difficulties. Used the switching service to open new account, then checked the account was working by transferring 1 in and then back out. Then deposited 1500 as required to get the incentive, but couldn't withdraw the money. They have since closed the account without explanation and now he can't get his money out! Anyone else had this experience when transferring money in and out quickly?
    Last edited by magicarpet; 09-02-2018 at 10:44 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the cash is stuck in the ether
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 9th Feb 18, 10:59 PM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Oh, it's a security thing! It's so that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!

Thank God they thought of that! I'm converted to the NatWest way of thinking; I can't believe I have been so foolish all these years. How on earth do all the other banks survive without such clever security solutions?
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 9th Feb 18, 11:01 PM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Mine wasn't exclusively online as I too had to complete and return the signature specimen form to Chatham. But even that posed no issues on my account opening/switch, it's all gone like a dream.
    Originally posted by northwalesd
    Perhaps it has been a dream and you will wake up tomorrow to find that you've got to deal with all of their incompetence too.

Seriously, I'm glad it has been painless for you. What a shame they can't manage that for everyone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,607Posts Today

4,706Users online

Martin's Twitter