NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Things are coming together now thick and fast. I received an email with my customer number, and a promise of an activation code. Yesterday received a letter saying to fill in details, sign and send back. Today 3 letters; card, pin, and account details - the elusive sort code and account number. That was all I needed to register card and online banking. Made a token payment in and ordered a card reader.

It still feels as though there are multiple routes to do the same thing and it is potluck whether you get all the information you need. You may also get some you don't. I now have no need for the missing activation code for instance. I'm fairly sure the sign and return form is also redundant, as I now have a working account without it.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    tobago22 wrote: »
    How can you use a card reader from another bank? Nat West site just keeps telling me I need to order one
    You may need to order one to satisfy their computer records but several banks issue generic card readers. A NatWest card can be activated with any compatible card reader. I have a Nationwide reader that works with my NatWest card.
  • tobago22
    Options
    Cant see how to get onto that page. Maybe it's me
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    You may need to order one to satisfy their computer records but several banks issue generic card readers. A NatWest card can be activated with any compatible card reader. I have a Nationwide reader that works with my NatWest card.
    tobago22 wrote: »
    Cant see how to get onto that page. Maybe it's me
    Sorry, I got my terminology wrong. You need to activate a card (on the cards menu) but you need to enable a card reader which is on the security menu.
  • crumpetman
    Options
    I have given up on getting the card reader, the system does not seem to update to show that I have requested one. Gone for using the mobile app, £250 a day for 6 days and that will be done.
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »

I've requested to order one, so that's now on it's way. But it's not the best set up site. When it tells you to order a card reader there is an option to order one, but if you select that and okay it, it doesn't actually order one. It just takes you back to the main screen. There is page where you can actually confirm you want one sent though.

Anyway, I tried the 'enable a card reader' option after, and that tells me it's not available at the moment. It may be that it has to wait until the system has fully told itself I have ordered a card reader.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    Things are coming together now thick and fast. I received an email with my customer number, and a promise of an activation code. Yesterday received a letter saying to fill in details, sign and send back. Today 3 letters; card, pin, and account details - the elusive sort code and account number. That was all I needed to register card and online banking. Made a token payment in and ordered a card reader.

It still feels as though there are multiple routes to do the same thing and it is potluck whether you get all the information you need. You may also get some you don't. I now have no need for the missing activation code for instance. I'm fairly sure the sign and return form is also redundant, as I now have a working account without it.

Yes, exactly the same as me. I reckon by the time I've finished I'll have had approaching 20 emails/texts/letters in total for one single account.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 12:28PM
    Options
    If I switch an account with £1500 in it, do I still have to add another £1500?

According to one of the switching team on the phone this morning the answer is 'No'
    (I am opening a Select a/c not Reward)
    She said whatever you switch in counts, so say you transfer in £500 with the switch, you can then send it in and out x2 to achieve the total £1500.
    It is also a one-off payment

oh yes, have the switch confirmation e-mail but as yet nowt else!- no cards, numbers, etc . I actually asked the switch team for those details!
    Convoluted indeed.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    . . . It is also a one-off payment
    If you want Rewards from DDs in a Reward account it's a £1,500 monthly minimum deposit. If you only want to qualify for the £125 incentive then it is a one-off payment
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want Rewards from DDs in a Reward account it's a £1,500 monthly minimum deposit. If you only want to qualify for the £125 incentive then it is a one-off payment

....it's a one-off payment so long as you decide on the Select account of course!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure