Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 51
    • CRAIGSVILLE
    • By CRAIGSVILLE 5th Feb 18, 12:48 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    CRAIGSVILLE
    I seem to remember someone posting they were doing that. But I'm not prepared to go back through nearly 1,000 posts to find the one. How badly do you want to know?
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    Yep , I did find somebody else asking the same question , but nobody replied :-(
    I dont think I will try with the RBS just incase.
    I will use my COOP one, but have to forfeit the 4 p.m from them :-(
    • CRAIGSVILLE
    • By CRAIGSVILLE 5th Feb 18, 12:58 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    CRAIGSVILLE
    Yep , I did find somebody else asking the same question , but nobody replied :-(
    I dont think I will try with the RBS just incase.
    I will use my COOP one, but have to forfeit the 4 p.m from them :-(
    Originally posted by CRAIGSVILLE
    Just phoned them about it, and they actually will give the 125 switching from an RBS current account - Happy days :-)

Hope it helps others :-)
    • bioboybill
    • By bioboybill 5th Feb 18, 2:25 PM
    • 2,987 Posts
    • 1,365 Thanks
    bioboybill
    Never known an account like this for registering for the online banking. Account opened early last week. Got debit card Thursday.Pin received Friday. Got customer number via email on Friday and it also said I would receive activation code for online banking by text within 48 hours.....then nothing. It's like pulling teeth!
    • adindas
    • By adindas 5th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 2,198 Thanks
    adindas
    I got a message that my switch is completed. But when I went to my Lloyds Account which I have switched to Natwest, it seem that the AC is still open only the balance is Nil.

Is it common. I just worried that it is not a full which make me unqualified for the switching incentive.

I wonder what is other people experience is it common that the AC is not closed straight away but will need time ??
    Thanks
    • bioboybill
    • By bioboybill 5th Feb 18, 2:41 PM
    • 2,987 Posts
    • 1,365 Thanks
    bioboybill
    I think I saw a few comments on here where the account stays open a couple of days with nil in before showing as completely closed.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 5th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 5,995 Posts
    • 5,335 Thanks
    badger09
    Never known an account like this for registering for the online banking. Account opened early last week. Got debit card Thursday.Pin received Friday. Got customer number via email on Friday and it also said I would receive activation code for online banking by text within 48 hours.....then nothing. It's like pulling teeth!
    Originally posted by bioboybill
    My 48 hours was around 96 IIRC.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 5th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 5,995 Posts
    • 5,335 Thanks
    badger09
    I got a message that my switch is completed. But when I went to my Lloyds Account which I have switched to Natwest, it seem that the AC is still open only the balance is Nil.

Is it common. I just worried that it is not a full which make me unqualified for the switching incentive.

I wonder what is other people experience is it common that the AC is not closed straight away but will need time ??
    Thanks
    Originally posted by adindas
    Yes, perfectly normal. Sometimes the switched account disappears later the same day, but more usually overnight, presumably as the old bank's systems update.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 5th Feb 18, 4:02 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 38,862 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Just to be absolutely certain can anybody confirm that if my switch to NatWest included money over 1500 then I do not have to also make a deposit of 1500 in addition?
    Originally posted by moneyfoolish
    That's what I was told on the phone. Assuming , of course, that you have a Select account, not a Reward a/c (which does require a monthly pay-in.)
    If in doubt- phone and ask......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..2319 cc+.2205mm (2.20.5) + RK 5.21= 30.64.5
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 5th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 38,862 Thanks
    Katiehound
    If you have account & sort code numbers then you should be able to log in with your debit card. You will then be able to access the first level of security- and therefore be able to order the card reader (another week.....at least!!) which you need to set up payees, DDs etc. (Oh and fulfil the conditions)
    Many thanks

• Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 5th Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 38,862 Thanks
    Katiehound
    I don't understand this because she has never inserted her card into the card reader! Has anyone else had this problem?
    Originally posted by ToTo Man
    Very probably!
    The left and right hand of NatWest don't communicate. I would just phone the helpline & explain the problem- see what they say.....
    Many thanks

• bioboybill
    • By bioboybill 5th Feb 18, 4:21 PM
    • 2,987 Posts
    • 1,365 Thanks
    bioboybill
    If you have account & sort code numbers then you should be able to log in with your debit card. You will then be able to access the first level of security- and therefore be able to order the card reader (another week.....at least!!) which you need to set up payees, DDs etc. (Oh and fulfil the conditions)
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    I don't have the account number, only the sort code. In fact when I tried over the weekend it wouldn't even recognise my 16 digit card number in about 6 attempts. It did today, but without activation code or account number no dice lol. Will give it another couple of days before phoning them. They seem to repeat everything by post anyway.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 5th Feb 18, 4:45 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 38,862 Thanks
    Katiehound
    I don't have the account number, only the sort code. In fact when I tried over the weekend it wouldn't even recognise my 16 digit card number in about 6 attempts. It did today, but without activation code or account number no dice lol. Will give it another couple of days before phoning them. They seem to repeat everything by post anyway.
    They should be able to tell you the account number over the phone if you have customer number, application number and pass all their security etc........
    The activation code is a different way of logging on
    Making life easy for (switching) customers is clearly not their motto!
    Last edited by Katiehound; 05-02-2018 at 5:00 PM.
    Many thanks

• ColinFFS
    • By ColinFFS 5th Feb 18, 4:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ColinFFS
    Oh my next victim. Already applied successfully. Nice easy 125. I have asked for my Yorkshire bank account to be switched. Not worth keeping as I have got my 250 bonus.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    well done I've just spoken with YB today and they are claiming I failed to meet criteria as I didn't switch within 31 days. I pointed out at the time their systems were not offering a switch within the 31 days by the the time I applied. I even spoke to someone at the time. Never had a small print issue in 3 years of switching like this, very annoyed.

I would switch the account to NatWest but seeing as YB are saying my complaint could take 8 weeks to investigate I will have to move another one.

not posted on here before but be interested if anyone else has had this issue

FAIR PLAY TO B THEY REVIEWED MY APPEAL IN 2 WEEKS AND PAID MY BONUS ALREADY
    Last edited by ColinFFS; 26-02-2018 at 9:16 AM. Reason: UPDATE TO BONUS APPEAL
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 5th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    • 2,398 Posts
    • 1,824 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Could that be for other applications that you started but didn't complete? I'm half expecting a chaser letter asking if I still want my 'Private' account to be opened.
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    No - just one application (that I've received double the paperwork for).
    • roxy28
    • By roxy28 5th Feb 18, 6:35 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    roxy28
    On the ID check it states.

1. To get your account open quickly, we may ask you for your UK driving licence, passport or EU ID card along with a credit/debit card during your application.

2. If you don!!!8217;t have these handy, make sure you provide us with your mobile number and email so you can upload them later through our DigiDocs service.

If i supply the first part do i still have to upload the passport with photo with DigiDocs?
    • bioboybill
    • By bioboybill 5th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    • 2,987 Posts
    • 1,365 Thanks
    bioboybill
    On the ID check it states.

1. To get your account open quickly, we may ask you for your UK driving licence, passport or EU ID card along with a credit/debit card during your application.

2. If you don!!!8217;t have these handy, make sure you provide us with your mobile number and email so you can upload them later through our DigiDocs service.

If i supply the first part do i still have to upload the passport with photo with DigiDocs?
    Originally posted by roxy28
    I did them online during the application, was told was fine, but they still texted and emailed me asking me to upload with Digidocs.
    • roxy28
    • By roxy28 5th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    roxy28
    I did them online during the application, was told was fine, but they still texted and emailed me asking me to upload with Digidocs.
    Thanks.

Will just have to have passport ready to upload.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 5th Feb 18, 11:27 PM
    • 1,704 Posts
    • 683 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Same here for my OH, but not mine?
    Her ac is open, her YB switched, test funded & with the 1500 qualifier.. & w/d again.
    I'm just going to shift the remaining 100 or so to avoid it being ransomed for any time...
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 6th Feb 18, 1:29 AM
    • 1,704 Posts
    • 683 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Just to be absolutely certain can anybody confirm that if my switch to NatWest included money over 1500 then I do not have to also make a deposit of 1500 in addition?
    Originally posted by moneyfoolish
    That's what I was told on the phone. Assuming , of course, that you have a Select account, not a Reward a/c (which does require a monthly pay-in.)
    If in doubt- phone and ask......
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    If you can't hang about for the CS to answer.. or you want to be certain..and you've got the wherewithal, w/d the 1500 to another of your online bank acs and then send it back in again.
    • gazapc
    • By gazapc 6th Feb 18, 9:47 AM
    • 175 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    gazapc
    Girlfriend has also applied to open a select account. Saw it go through to the final confirmation screen, yesterday got an email saying 'we saw you have an uncompleted application'. Anyone have this issue?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

58Posts Today

2,673Users online

Martin's Twitter