NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    I already got Debit Card + pin code.
    TO get access to therir online banking do we need to request for user name and one time password and/or card reader or they will automatically send it later without the need to ask for them .

Thanks

You need customer number, account number and debit card.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    EachPenny wrote: »
    I think it probably only affects a small number of existing customers who manage their savings accounts in a particular way - e.g. I am paying in the equivalent of more than £100k pa so the computer might be making some unfounded assumptions about me ;)
    It seems more likely they are trying to frustrate current customers from getting the incentive.

I already have a Select account and that is why I thought I might try out their Reward account using the incentive to protect my position if it all goes wrong. Their rewards system seems very convoluted - first points then you must wait till you have more than 5 points before you can convert them into pounds.

My income is paid into the Select account but this is nowhere near the amounts that might be needed to qualify for a Private account (whatever that might be) so I have no idea why such an account would be considered except to deliberately frustrate the qualification for the incentive.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • colin32
    colin32 Posts: 11
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone having problems applying using an iPad?. As soon as I press start application, the application starts and then exits straight away.
    Tried safari, chrome, puffin browsers with same result.
  • deutsch
    deutsch Posts: 396
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I moved from Natwest to Clydesdale and I am now moving back.
    I applied as an existing customer as I still held working online banking credentials. Towards the end of the application I was provided with my full sort code and account number. There was also an application ref which at least starts with todays date in format YYYYMMDD and something after that. I also applied for the switch wef 30th Jan.

I haven't received any emails yet and my online banking doesn't show the account yet or any correspondence. I wasn't aware of issues until reading this thread.

Only time will tell if I have a problem.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    deutsch wrote: »
    I moved from Natwest to Clydesdale and I am now moving back.
    I applied as an existing customer as I still held working online banking credentials. Towards the end of the application I was provided with my full sort code and account number. There was also an application ref which at least starts with todays date in format YYYYMMDD and something after that. I also applied for the switch wef 30th Jan.

I haven't received any emails yet and my online banking doesn't show the account yet or any correspondence. I wasn't aware of issues until reading this thread.

Only time will tell if I have a problem.

Give them a ring and ask.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,603
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Our postman turned up with three separate envelops from Natwest all in one delivery today. The three contained a letter with all account details (no customer number), a debit card, and finally a pin number for that debit card.

So much for security!

Just waiting now for the code to set up online banking and the card reader order.

Seems to me that much banking with a Scottish influence is a mess. BOS used to be but has relatively easy processes online nowadays, Clydesdale (YBS) nothing straightforward, and now RBS (NatWest), or maybe it's all a co-incidence...
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    harz99 wrote: »
    Just waiting now for the code to set up online banking and the card reader order.

Don’t need a code to set up online banking. See post 503. If you haven’t got account number, call them and they will give it to you.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    harz99 wrote: »
    Seems to me that much banking with a Scottish influence is a mess. BOS used to be but has relatively easy processes online nowadays, Clydesdale (YBS) nothing straightforward, and now RBS (NatWest), or maybe it's all a co-incidence...

Made me think:
    :think:"O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!" - Walter Scott -
    Kinda think it fits in this instance!!except I would substitute 'they' for the 'we!'
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Switch apparently complete according to email, yet my B account is still showing my balance and Natwest is not. And a test transfer of 1p shows that the B account is still receiving funds.
    Uh, such a shame as the account setup for a new bank has been probably the most painless that I've done.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,837
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Applied on Jan 10th. Digi Doc Drivers Licence; inc. switch from CB set up for 19th
    Online Ac access 11th
    Reader ordered 12th
    Test £2 deposited 12th
    Letter from CB confirms switch for 19th
    Debit card arrived 12th; pin 13th
    (Tesco) Reader activated 16th
    Payee set up.
    £1 test transfer back Ok to new card reader enabled payee.
    £1500 deposit OK
    £1400 w/d OK to same payee
    16th waiting switch to 'pass go' & collect £125

Got to be the quickest & easiest ac opening & switch I've ever done...

And OH ac was running a day behind... just activated reader & waiting test £2 to arrive to catch up.

Update:"Regular payments transferred.." email yesterday.

Switch completed today - 7 working days from new customer account application to switch completed.

OH at 'Reg Payments Transferred' email today.. still a day behind me.

NB £1500 transfer (back out) got stopped by 'concerned team'. Check your texts if it happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure