Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 5
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 11th Jan 18, 4:13 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 390 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    With these switching offers, my limited experience tells me to strike quickly on all counts. Donít delay the switch date if possible, fill everything in online all in one hit and avoid going into branches. We can guess this offer will be pulled or altered pretty quickly so donít go moaning later. Take the money and run to the next offer.
    Originally posted by Mannanan
    Yes, the CB/YB was pulled pretty quickly as I recall.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 11th Jan 18, 4:21 PM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 2,387 Thanks
    Consumerist
    . . . with the Santander account you have access to the 5% regular saver which for me tips the balance. At least it doesn't make the switch worthwhile from a main account.
    Originally posted by Marvo5
    When I switched from Santander123 (when the interest rate reduced), I had a regular saver so I just opened a standard current account to service the regular saver after the switch.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Marvo5
    • By Marvo5 11th Jan 18, 4:30 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Marvo5
    When I switched from Santander123 (when the interest rate reduced), I had a regular saver so I just opened a standard current account to service the regular saver after the switch.
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    Yes but then you don't get the money back from the Direct Debits.

Its a thought though, will look into it. Thanks.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 11th Jan 18, 4:30 PM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    Sorry I have another question. Can you open now and switch later as long as itís before the deadline?

Thanks
    • Marvo5
    • By Marvo5 11th Jan 18, 4:34 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Marvo5
    Checked, you only get 3% via the regular saver with a standard current account, 5% with the Santander lite.
    • Marvo5
    • By Marvo5 11th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Marvo5
    With these switching offers, my limited experience tells me to strike quickly on all counts. Donít delay the switch date if possible, fill everything in online all in one hit and avoid going into branches. We can guess this offer will be pulled or altered pretty quickly so donít go moaning later. Take the money and run to the next offer.
    Originally posted by Mannanan
    I've taken your advice, applied and been accepted. It wasn't the account I wanted to use for the switch but hey, who knows, another month, another offer.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 11th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 2,387 Thanks
    Consumerist
    Checked, you only get 3% via the regular saver with a standard current account, 5% with the Santander lite.
    From the regular eSaver Ts&Cs:
    To be eligible for the higher interest rate you must be a 1I2I3 World or a Santander Select customer at point of opening
    • Marvo5
    • By Marvo5 11th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Marvo5
    So you no longer have a regular saver then?
    • harz99
    • By harz99 11th Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    • 2,672 Posts
    • 2,602 Thanks
    harz99
    Get the account opened now would be my advice. You'll be able to pick a date up to 10/2 for the switch during the application. Alternatively, wait and switch in late February or early March.
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy

Thanks YB, just done, accepted and chose the postal option to slow matters down a little with switch date of 9th Feb, that should sort it out.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 11th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 2,387 Thanks
    Consumerist
    So you no longer have a regular saver then?
    Well, I don't at the moment but I did when I switched the Santnader123 account. What's your point?
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 11th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Anyone applied as an existing customer? Rather than my account being opened straight away it said I would hear in a few days but not received any email confirmation of my application last night.
    Originally posted by tg99

After an easy peasy success yesterday, I tried to open a Select Ac online (late) last night for OH.

It didn't go through the same process as mine did in office hours... didn't have the digi ID check... didn't have the addy from post code - had to input it longhand... didn't get the full list of jobs drop down etc.

Most importantly didn't get email saying you've been accepted.

So had another go this am and it sailed through.. as mine did yesterday. So if you get issues late on, maybe leave it until their working hours 07:30 to 22:00 (think).

I suspect after 10pm some support is taken down...
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    I'd give it another go... now.
    • ToTo Man
    • By ToTo Man 11th Jan 18, 5:01 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    ToTo Man
    I'm slightly confused, do both the Reward and Select current accounts require a monthly £1500 pay-in or is it only the former?
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 11th Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Complained so should get loads of wonga compensation.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 11th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    • 4,654 Posts
    • 1,905 Thanks
    KTF
    I'm slightly confused, do both the Reward and Select current accounts require a monthly £1500 pay-in or is it only the former?
    Originally posted by ToTo Man
    To get the switch incentive on either account you have to pay in £1500.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 11th Jan 18, 5:18 PM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    Ok, anyone have any idea what!!!8217;s going on here?

I left NatWest in December to do the TSB switch.

Today I apply for NatWest and it says I!!!8217;m eligible. I then proceed with application and stupidly say I want a saver account - after it asking loads of questions I change my mind so try to exit the application. It won!!!8217;t let me (will only let me move forward) so I do, and it seems (unbeknown to myself at the time) I was applying for another savings account.

Anyway the application exited (by itself) and I received an email advising me they are looking into my application and will be in touch in 3-5 days. So I call them. Seems they want a copy of my signature (but strangely the savings wanted everything, signature and photo ID.

Anyway no idea what!!!8217;s caused this, I!!!8217;m sure during the process it said I was accepted.
    • ToTo Man
    • By ToTo Man 11th Jan 18, 5:19 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    ToTo Man
    It's a one-off amount (not monthly) into the account you open or switch into.
    To get the switch incentive on either account you have to pay in £1500.
    Originally posted by KTF
    According to the "Need to knows" on the MSE page for the Reward account:

- To get the bonus, you must apply for the account by 16 Feb and complete a full switch using NatWest's official switching service, pay in at least £1,500 and login to online or mobile banking by 16 Mar.
    - The account has a minimum pay-in of £1,500 per month.

This is confirmed on the NW site too, but I can't find any confirmation of whether the £1,500 monthly pay-in is also a requirement for the Select account.
    • Marvo5
    • By Marvo5 11th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Marvo5
    Well, I don't at the moment but I did when I switched the Santnader123 account. What's your point?
    The point was when you originally chipped in we were comparing like for like, in other words would the Nat West reward give a better return than the Santander Lite. I was saying the 5% regular saver tipped the balance FOR ME.

Now then, what was your point?
    • KTF
    • By KTF 11th Jan 18, 5:26 PM
    • 4,654 Posts
    • 1,905 Thanks
    KTF
    According to the "Need to knows" on the MSE page for the Reward account:

- To get the bonus, you must apply for the account by 16 Feb and complete a full switch using NatWest's official switching service, pay in at least £1,500 and login to online or mobile banking by 16 Mar.
    - The account has a minimum pay-in of £1,500 per month.

This is confirmed on the NW site too, but I can't find any confirmation of whether the £1,500 monthly pay-in is also a requirement for the Select account.
    Originally posted by ToTo Man
    From the Apply page of the Select account it says:

"Just choose 'switch' when you apply below. You'll need to pay in at least £1,500 and log in to Online Banking or our Mobile Banking app by 16 March 2018. We'll pay the £125 cash into your new account by 13 April."

From: https://beta.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/select_account.html#switchoffer
    • badger09
    • By badger09 11th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    • 6,000 Posts
    • 5,350 Thanks
    badger09
    I applied just after 17.00 yesterday. Mid morning today I got email asking me to upload photo ID. 1st time I've done it so no idea if its ok, but big green ticks on screen, & despite laptop telling me it was still uploading, got 2 emails thanking me for docs

What's next?
    Originally posted by badger09
    Oh dear

Got email to say they can't accept photo ID, which might not have been clear enough. So I took new photos & tried again. Email arrived to say they've received them, but laptop still says 'Your details are being submitted' & circling after 6 minutes.

Any tips where I'm going wrong?
    • tomthered
    • By tomthered 11th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    tomthered
    Guys have applied for a joint account so when should I get an email? Completed application online but had to go back in twice as when I switched tabs to get my bank info it kicked me off?

EDIT Received the email addressed to my wife but not me? Maybe a quirk of their online application system?
    Last edited by tomthered; 11-01-2018 at 5:42 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

2,627Users online

Martin's Twitter