Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 12
    • The Boss
    • By The Boss 13th Jan 18, 3:56 PM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 3,771 Thanks
    The Boss
    I already have a NatWest current account, opened in 1996, which I use maybe twice a year for transfers between accounts.

This offer allows you to switch your banking to an existing Natwest account and receive the £125. I was planning on switching my B account (used for my bill payments, direct debits and to receive salary) to the existing Natwest account.

Question is...will Natwest credit check my application since I already have a current account with them that I am switching to?
    Last edited by The Boss; 13-01-2018 at 4:00 PM.
    • derrick
    • By derrick 13th Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    • 7,061 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    derrick
    11th January, filled in online application, accepted for Select Account immediately, few minutes later an email saying application to open a Select Account has been approved, (including application ref number), 4 hours later another email informing CA switch has started, (no deductions or holding monies from ID account used).

12th January could logon to the account online. Welcome email received, no mention of requiring a signature.

Today 13th January received Debit Card, saying card can be used a soon as I receive the PIN, still no mention of requiring a signature..
    Originally posted by derrick

Can I ask at what point you got the details to log onto your account online? Was it on the welcome email?

I've only had an email with the reference number on so far (applied on the 11th)

frogletina
    Originally posted by Frogletina
    I could log in at the end of the application using set up details I provided re application, (PIN Password, Mem word), as I was supplied with sort code and account number at that point.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• derrick
    • By derrick 13th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 7,061 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    derrick
    My timeframe same as yours derrick, I found the signature request in the NatWest online account mailbox, page 3 of the New Account letter.

Originally posted by Chrisv
    Found this now, it was in the PDF when clicking on "my account".

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 13th Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    • 3,057 Posts
    • 11,067 Thanks
    Frogletina
    I could log in at the end of the application using set up details I provided re application, (PIN Password, Mem word), as I was supplied with sort code and account number at that point.
    Originally posted by derrick
    I remember having to set up a memorable word but don't remember being given a sort code and account number.

Hopefully I will get another email soon

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 £1567.31 SPC 9 #441 £1014.64 SPC 10 #441 £1164.13
    • bspm
    • By bspm 13th Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 726 Thanks
    bspm
    You do know you can only have one £125?

T&C's
    Originally posted by blindman

One account for me one for husband....£250.00
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 13th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 4,108 Thanks
    Zanderman
    I remember having to set up a memorable word but don't remember being given a sort code and account number.

Hopefully I will get another email soon

frogletina
    Originally posted by Frogletina
    They didn't tell me the account number either. Emails telling me the account, 'ending in XYZ' is open. And the switch is starting. Texts too about switch and saying debit card and pin in the post. Email saying I can register for online banking. But no account number.

And in the post a debit card for my account 'ending in XYZ' (but NatWest don't put the account no on the debit card).

Most recent email (today) tells me I have a message in my online mailbox. Tried to register online - it needs the account number...

So rang them, got account number (they didn't seem too surprised they'd omitted to tell me).

Registered online, logged in and read that message... Which was telling me my account number!
    • The Boss
    • By The Boss 13th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 3,771 Thanks
    The Boss
    Anyone applied as an existing customer? Rather than my account being opened straight away it said I would hear in a few days but not received any email confirmation of my application last night.
    Originally posted by tg99
    I've now applied with a request to switch my B account into my existing dormant NatWest current account.

The message I had at the end suggests my switch request has been accepted "We will process your switch application in accordance with your request" and other details.

Easiest switch application for an incentive that I've done
    • ToTo Man
    • By ToTo Man 13th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    ToTo Man
    I can no longer log on to my account. I enter characters from my PIN and password but the green "Next" button doesn't do anything and when I click the "Back" link I get taken to an error page telling me the connection has timed out. Not good as far as first impressions go!
    • badger09
    • By badger09 13th Jan 18, 5:23 PM
    • 6,000 Posts
    • 5,350 Thanks
    badger09
    It really does seem to be a bit hit & miss whether an account is opened immediately or not, whether you're asked to upload ID, or not, whether you get email or not etc etc.

I got my 'Good news we've approved your NatWest personal current account' email yesterday.

Has anyone else had texts (2 separate texts on consecutive days) saying their mobile phone number and address have been updated as requested on xx January (the day after I successfully uploaded photo ID). Obviously I haven't asked for anything to be changed.
    • charlieboycat
    • By charlieboycat 13th Jan 18, 5:57 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    charlieboycat
    Anyone applied as an existing customer? Rather than my account being opened straight away it said I would hear in a few days but not received any email confirmation of my application last night.
    Originally posted by tg99
    Existing Reward joint-account customer and regular online user. Applied for a new sole name Select account. Got an on-screen "your application for a Select account was successful" message and then taken through the data for a switch. Taking the application date as working day 1, the earliest offered date for the switch was working day 7 - which seemed to suggest that the new account was open and the switch initiated. But the next screen said "Thank you for your application. We need to make a few additional checks before we can complete your request. We'll try and complete these automatically but we may need you to provide some documents.... We'll contact you in the next 5 days with next steps." My wife then went through the same process with the same end message. Neither of us was give a new account sort code/account number, neither of us has a new account showing online, neither of us has yet received any email, text or online mail document.

To me the wording is unclear as to whether the "request" they can't "complete" without "additional checks" is "opening the account" - or "implementing the switch". If the latter, what documents could be required? We've done plenty of switches in the past and never been asked for any documents.

If the former that might suggest ID documents are required - but neither of us was asked to input any ID info (eg, passport or driving licence details) during the application process. We assumed it wasn't required because we are both existing customers and both regular online users of a very active joint account. But would we have been told our applications for the new Select accounts were successful if they lacked ID confirmation?
    Last edited by charlieboycat; 13-01-2018 at 6:02 PM.
    • anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 13th Jan 18, 5:57 PM
    • 2,463 Posts
    • 1,086 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    Process seems quick so far for me ( new customer to NatWest)

Accepted straight away, (provided electronic ID info asked for drivers licence number and details of a credit or debit card) I was able to view the account online yesterday (day after application) . They have also confirmed the switch request received and in process and received debit card and letter in post today, confirming account opened and useable. Have paid in £5 successfully today. Will wait till after switch compete on 22nd before i transfer the £1500 in and out. Have ordered the card reader tonight so that I can receive it in time. Just had to send a signature sample in the post today.
    Last edited by anna42hmr; 13-01-2018 at 6:01 PM.
    MFW # 105
    2015 Target £7000/ Overpaid £8095
    2016 Target £6000 / Overpaid £6983.24
    2017 Target £3500 / Overpaid £3583.12
    2018 Target £2500 / OP so far £1076.30 as at May
    Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £19,737.66
    • Deadbeat
    • By Deadbeat 13th Jan 18, 6:47 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    Deadbeat
    I don't trust them. They continued to take payments after I'd already paid off my mortgage. Apparently they can't tell the difference between a debt that exists and one that doesn't.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 13th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    • 3,546 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    MABLE
    I received the debit card today and one thing I found strange the customers bank account number is not printed on the card.

Also only doing this for the bonus and definitely no chance of using them other than paying in the required amount to meet the criteria.
    Last edited by MABLE; 13-01-2018 at 7:05 PM.
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 13th Jan 18, 7:17 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Well I've managed to log in but only by clicking an "advanced" button on the page that tells me my connection isn' t private etc This then takes me to another warning page that attackers may be trying to pinch data but I can click on nwolb website address from that page it takes me straight to page 2 of log in,having inputted my customer no the very first time I managed to access the log in page.
    This *warning* page dosent appear every time either anymore when I try and go to the log in page Just seems to be if I completely shut my tablet down and come back to it.

Have managed to pay in £10 and have a signature req document in my messages although I suppose I may get this in the post as well ?

Very nervous of it though and only going for the incentive really.Might even pay in/out at the Post Office using my debit card and paying in slips ( no NatWest near me )

Can I just ask once people have logged in initially with their customer ref no and ticked "remember me" is the log in taking them straight to step 2 of log in ?
    Last edited by Nationwide8; 13-01-2018 at 7:42 PM.
    • retrieverjc
    • By retrieverjc 13th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    retrieverjc
    Yes, you get straight to step 2 of login
    • myth123
    • By myth123 13th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 897 Thanks
    myth123
    I already have a Natwest current account, can somebody please direct me to the page where I can apply to switch an account to them? I can't seem to find it.
    • retrieverjc
    • By retrieverjc 13th Jan 18, 9:28 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    retrieverjc
    ***natwest.com/apps/secure/applicationforms_dda/asp/form.asp?appid=896&CCF=Y***

(I am not allowed to post an actual link as I am a new user)
    • djpailo
    • By djpailo 13th Jan 18, 9:44 PM
    • 448 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    djpailo
    Open an account and switched. No confirmation email yet. Nothing appeared on online banking yet (but says it takes two business days to appear).
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 13th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    You can see why I have complained with some of the above posts. I should get more money than just £125.
    • moneyfoolish
    • By moneyfoolish 13th Jan 18, 10:41 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    moneyfoolish
    I applied for a select account as a new customer this evening but without opting to switch at this time and was accepted but I wasn't asked for any ID although I said I wanted to use the online option and I haven't received any emails or texts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter