Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 11
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 13th Jan 18, 9:39 AM
    • 335 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Still can't log in this morning and still getting the *nwold" message
    • Snowbelle
    • By Snowbelle 13th Jan 18, 9:49 AM
    • 333 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Snowbelle
    Originally posted by Nationwide8
    Maybe try a different browser or give them a ring.

I received my debit card this morning so really quick!
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 13th Jan 18, 9:53 AM
    • 335 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Maybe try a different browser or give them a ring.

I received my debit card this morning so really quick!
    Originally posted by Snowbelle
    Have just been looking at another thread discussing people having various issues logging on at various banks ??

Don't have another browser or access to one ( except maybe at a Library ) .....Yes might have to ring them if I can't figure out the problem.
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 13th Jan 18, 10:32 AM
    • 199 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    youngretired
    Both 1.01 still showing on parents accounts.

Can you advice if you actually had to send proof of your driving licence or passport? or just send your signatures.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 13th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 1,256 Posts
    • 732 Thanks
    RG2015
    Originally posted by Nationwide8
    Have you tried typing www.nwolb.com into your browser address bar.?

I have done this for the last ten years on Internet Explorer without any problems.
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 13th Jan 18, 11:05 AM
    • 1,847 Posts
    • 1,605 Thanks
    Ballard
    Both 1.01 still showing on parents accounts.

Can you advice if you actually had to send proof of your driving licence or passport? or just send your signatures.
    Originally posted by youngretired
    I just went through this for myself and both parents and it asked for id for my mother. All it needed was details from the driving licence and no photographic evidence. It took a few seconds.
    I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened it and read it. It said they were suckers.
    • ToTo Man
    • By ToTo Man 13th Jan 18, 11:24 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    ToTo Man
    After being accepted on Thursday evening I have been able to log in to my newly opened NW Reward account today. Is it too early to order myself a card reader? (I haven't received my debit card etc yet through the post).
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 13th Jan 18, 11:34 AM
    • 335 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Have you tried typing www.nwolb.com into your browser address bar.?

I have done this for the last ten years on Internet Explorer without any problems.
    Originally posted by RG2015
    Thanks for this,just tried it and it still comes up with "connection not private" etc etc
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 13th Jan 18, 12:22 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Just tried natwest web chat 30 mins later unfortunately no help whatsoever,didn't seem to even acknowledge the problem I have.Went round the houses and back again.
    They said it takes 2 working days to open account ??? But others on here seem to have logged on more or less straight away after application accepted.
    I asked repeatedly for an IT/Tech support no,chat adviser just ignored and eventually gave me the generic personal acc natwest no.

Last edited by Nationwide8; 13-01-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    • TheEffect
    • By TheEffect 13th Jan 18, 12:29 PM
    • 2,239 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    TheEffect
    Just opened a select account and switched an old account to it. Quick 125.

• Workerbee999
    • By Workerbee999 13th Jan 18, 1:13 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Workerbee999
    I am an existing customer due to having a joint account. But I want to switch in another single account from elsewhere. Can I switch this into the joint account or do I have to set up another single account with NatWest first to switch into? Or apply as a new customer?
    • MTG84
    • By MTG84 13th Jan 18, 1:18 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MTG84
    No confirmation email?
    Did the application on Friday at 10pm but no email confirmation other than the 'application complete' page, is this normal?

Also it didn't ask about the account switch information, is this normal too?
    • bspm
    • By bspm 13th Jan 18, 1:26 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 726 Thanks
    bspm
    Just opened two singles and asked for two switches, 250.00

No Problem
    • derrick
    • By derrick 13th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 7,060 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    derrick
    11th January, filled in online application, accepted for Select Account immediately, few minutes later an email saying application to open a Select Account has been approved, (including application ref number), 4 hours later another email informing CA switch has started, (no deductions or holding monies from ID account used).

12th January could logon to the account online. Welcome email received, no mention of requiring a signature.

Today 13th January received Debit Card, saying card can be used a soon as I receive the PIN, still no mention of requiring a signature.

Last edited by derrick; 13-01-2018 at 1:32 PM.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 13th Jan 18, 1:50 PM
    • 4,841 Posts
    • 2,387 Thanks
    Consumerist
    I am an existing customer due to having a joint account. But I want to switch in another single account from elsewhere. Can I switch this into the joint account or do I have to set up another single account with NatWest first to switch into? Or apply as a new customer?
    Originally posted by Workerbee999
    I think there should be no problem with doing that. Be aware, however, that the other account holder will not be able to do the same and get another switch incentive payment.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 13th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 4,194 Posts
    • 77,434 Thanks
    Chrisv
    11th January, filled in online application, accepted for Select Account immediately, few minutes later an email saying application to open a Select Account has been approved, (including application ref number), 4 hours later another email informing CA switch has started, (no deductions or holding monies from ID account used).

12th January could logon to the account online. Welcome email received, no mention of requiring a signature.

Today 13th January received Debit Card, saying card can be used a soon as I receive the PIN, still no mention of requiring a signature.
    Originally posted by derrick
    My timeframe same as yours derrick, I found the signature request in the NatWest online account mailbox, page 3 of the New Account letter.

Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • blindman
    • By blindman 13th Jan 18, 2:35 PM
    • 5,152 Posts
    • 4,174 Thanks
    blindman
    Just opened two singles and asked for two switches, 250.00

No Problem
    Originally posted by bspm
    You do know you can only have one 125?

T&C's
    • derrick
    • By derrick 13th Jan 18, 3:02 PM
    • 7,060 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    derrick
    My timeframe same as yours derrick, I found the signature request in the NatWest online account mailbox, page 3 of the New Account letter.

Originally posted by Chrisv

No signature request or New Account letter in there, but they do say that any mail in there will be also sent by post unless opted for paperless, which at the moment I have not opted for.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 13th Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    • 3,057 Posts
    • 11,067 Thanks
    Frogletina

Originally posted by derrick
    Can I ask at what point you got the details to log onto your account online? Was it on the welcome email?

I've only had an email with the reference number on so far (applied on the 11th)

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 1567.31 SPC 9 #441 1014.64 SPC 10 #441 1164.13
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 13th Jan 18, 3:52 PM
    • 1,704 Posts
    • 683 Thanks
    soulsaver
    You do know you can only have one 125?

T&C's
    Originally posted by blindman
    Unless 'you' is plural..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,891Users online

Martin's Twitter