Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 55Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 108
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 8th Aug 18, 6:53 AM
    • 970 Posts
    • 1,562 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Had my 100 this morning!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • BeckyMinx
    • By BeckyMinx 8th Aug 18, 7:28 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    BeckyMinx
    Had my 100 this morning!!
    Originally posted by Sea Shell
    Me too
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 8th Aug 18, 8:36 AM
    • 1,831 Posts
    • 4,509 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Just had a 100 switching bonus.

Would have been nice if it was 125, but I assume the offer changed at some point, although I can't see when or where.
    Originally posted by keef-WhatStandards
    The 125 offer is as detailed in the first post of the thread - it expired in Feb/March with the 125 due by 13th April (though lots of people got it a bit later).

The 100 offer was subsequent to that - and so, unless you were on the original offer (in which case you'd have had your 125 ages ago) you're on the 100 offer, which is due to be paid by 10th August.
    • stehouk
    • By stehouk 8th Aug 18, 9:20 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    stehouk
    Me too
    Originally posted by BeckyMinx
    Is it in alfabeticul order, you being B, ive not had mine yet doh!
    • alandaniel132
    • By alandaniel132 8th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    alandaniel132
    Originally posted by keef-WhatStandards
    It is all same
    • stehouk
    • By stehouk 8th Aug 18, 8:11 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    stehouk
    Got mine now, 100 beer tokens.
    • GreenBitterfly
    • By GreenBitterfly 8th Aug 18, 8:58 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    GreenBitterfly
    I actually got two lots of 100, well I did this morning then logged in later to find they'd done a payment reversal on one of the 100. Still saves me the job of contacting them about it!
    • michaels
    • By michaels 8th Aug 18, 9:20 PM
    • 21,403 Posts
    • 99,241 Thanks
    michaels
    Nowt for me, i had heard some got it for both single and joint accounts but it looks like I am out of luck for that one. Almost certainly no point chasing it
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 9th Aug 18, 6:44 AM
    • 970 Posts
    • 1,562 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    I can't see anything in the T&C's, (unless I can't see for looking) but is there any time limit on how long you have to keep the account to keep the switching bonus? I'm looking to switch to M&S once I've got a couple of DD's set up, and I don't want them to claw back the 100.

I see where it says if you close the account before you get the bonus, you won't get it....but nothing about afterwards. Cheers.
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 9th Aug 18, 8:40 AM
    • 767 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    In a word: no.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 9th Aug 18, 9:20 AM
    • 1,831 Posts
    • 4,509 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Originally posted by binaryuniverse
    No? No what?
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 9th Aug 18, 10:24 AM
    • 8,200 Posts
    • 9,195 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Originally posted by binaryuniverse
    No? No what?
    Originally posted by Zanderman
    Presumably 'no is the answer to the question asked in the previous post'! ("is there any time limit on how long you have to keep the account to keep the switching bonus?")
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 10th Aug 18, 11:36 PM
    • 1,831 Posts
    • 4,509 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Ok, 10th August deadline now over....

Of the two NWest switches I'm involved with - one for for the Mrs - Zanderwoman - and one for the mater - elder matriarch Zanderwoman - one has paid out the 100 bonus on time (just 2 days ago) the other hasn't.

My own switch, back in the earlier offer of 125, paid out on time, but many people got theirs late, some only after complaining.

So, I wonder whether, and when, to suggest Zanderwoman senior should grumble. Maybe I'll leave it a week or so...
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 11th Aug 18, 1:25 AM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,516 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Ok, 10th August deadline now over....

Of the two NWest switches I'm involved with - one for for the Mrs - Zanderwoman - and one for the mater - elder matriarch Zanderwoman - one has paid out the 100 bonus on time (just 2 days ago) the other hasn't.

My own switch, back in the earlier offer of 125, paid out on time, but many people got theirs late, some only after complaining.

So, I wonder whether, and when, to suggest Zanderwoman senior should grumble. Maybe I'll leave it a week or so...
    Why wait? If they haven't paid on time, then complain now. They have broken the terms of the offer.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 11th Aug 18, 6:50 AM
    • 1,831 Posts
    • 4,509 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Why wait? If they haven't paid on time, then complain now. They have broken the terms of the offer.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    Er, because there may be no point, They may pay up in the next few days without a complaint.

I'm not going to go to the hassle of a formal complaint if I don't need to.

And I'm not so much into compensation culture that I want to. Unless it becomes essential.

So I will wait a while.

I was reporting the situation here as that's no trouble to do and it might be useful for others to know that the situation is occurring again (as it did last time round for many).
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 11th Aug 18, 12:36 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,516 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Er, because there may be no point, They may pay up in the next few days without a complaint.

I'm not going to go to the hassle of a formal complaint if I don't need to.

And I'm not so much into compensation culture that I want to. Unless it becomes essential.

So I will wait a while.

I was reporting the situation here as that's no trouble to do and it might be useful for others to know that the situation is occurring again (as it did last time round for many).
    Suit yourself. I wasn't thinking of compensation, but rather ensuring that they knew there was an issue with your payment. Assuming that it will be sorted in the fullness of time is illogical because they may not even know that there is an issue.

A quick call to alert them shouldn't take long, but as I say, suit yourself.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 11th Aug 18, 9:40 PM
    • 4,486 Posts
    • 38,962 Thanks
    Katiehound
    I can't see anything in the T&C's, (unless I can't see for looking) but is there any time limit on how long you have to keep the account to keep the switching bonus? .
    Originally posted by Sea Shell
    No.
    I switched from Nat West to Barclays. Got the switcher cash from NatWest on April 10th and opened the Barclay a/c May8th so think the switch went through about 10 days later.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..6416cc+.2415mm (2.41.5) + RK 6.00
    • michaels
    • By michaels 15th Aug 18, 1:57 PM
    • 21,403 Posts
    • 99,241 Thanks
    michaels
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    What is the easiest route to complain / chase this?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 15th Aug 18, 3:03 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,516 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    What is the easiest route to complain / chase this?
    Originally posted by michaels
    A phone call, where you state you want to make a formal complaint. This will kick in their complaints procedure.
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 5th Oct 18, 1:13 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    swindiff
    Does this just require a one off deposit of 1500 that can be taken back out again. MSE states that its 1500/month, assuming that's a typo. Also no DD or SO need to be set up on the donor account to be switched?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

553Posts Today

5,588Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • May I state with absolute authority and conviction that my poll is worthless. It never purports to be of worth - w? https://t.co/acXRTGUH4z

• RT @BBCkatyaadler: Importent to remember in all furore over possibly extending transition that there will be no transition period at all if?

• Today?s poll: If the only leave option is a NO-DEAL Brexit. Would you then support a ?People?s Vote? to decide if? https://t.co/AxswLUSNPJ

• Follow Martin