Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tammy66
    • By tammy66 10th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    • 153Posts
    • 8Thanks
    tammy66
    nationwide bank log in using IE11
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    nationwide bank log in using IE11 10th Jan 18 at 12:52 PM
    I have tried to log in to my account in the nationwide bank but every time I get on the home page within two seconds it opens another blank page and the computer freezes i have tried firefox and yesterday it came up with nationwide has a problem with the sites security cert yet today it has allowed me access to the site while IE11 has not ,after spending over an hour speaking to nationwide staff (3 calls) without success and they refusing to transfer my call to their IT department I am hoping someone could help with this problem
Page 1
    • Scorpio33
    • By Scorpio33 10th Jan 18, 1:35 PM
    • 498 Posts
    • 722 Thanks
    Scorpio33
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:35 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:35 PM
    IE was replaced by Microsoft, called microsoft edge, so it is likely that Nationwide won't accept connections from IE11 due to security concerns.

So try an alternative browser like you have and live with that.

Also, I would go to the settings of the browser and make the nationwide page a "trusted site"
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 10th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    • 20,321 Posts
    • 16,080 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:52 PM
    Nationwide do support IE11 according to their browser support page - mind you, they don't list Edge, so who knows how up to date it is?

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/security/browser-help

I've just tried using IE11 (Windows 10) and not had the same issue that the OP has seen, so I suspect it's something on the local PC that's causing the problem.
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 10th Jan 18, 4:20 PM
    • 3,648 Posts
    • 2,855 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 10th Jan 18, 4:20 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 4:20 PM
    Nationwide won't accept connections from IE11 due to security concerns.
    Originally posted by Scorpio33

Not the case.

OP, i suspect malware on your machine .

Run the following free software in order.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

I strongly suspect your banking credentials have been stolen now so I would advise changing them from a trusted computer
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • Heedtheadvice
    • By Heedtheadvice 10th Jan 18, 5:36 PM
    • 833 Posts
    • 387 Thanks
    Heedtheadvice
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:36 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:36 PM
    I too would take Andy's advice.
    I login to Nationwide via Firefox and have not had a problem historically or recently.

In addition I would make sure you are on the correct web site, check in the address bar or type it in https://www.nationwide.co.uk/
    ....and note that it is a building society so if the site says "bank" you are in the wrong place!!
    • droopsnoot
    • By droopsnoot 11th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 718 Thanks
    droopsnoot
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    I've also just been able to log in to Nationwide Online Banking using IE1 on Win7, so it would seem to be a local problem for the OP.
    • arrallas
    • By arrallas 11th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    arrallas
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    IE was replaced by Microsoft, called microsoft edge, so it is likely that Nationwide won't accept connections from IE11 due to security concerns.

So try an alternative browser like you have and live with that.

Also, I would go to the settings of the browser and make the nationwide page a "trusted site"
    Originally posted by Scorpio33
    IE11 has not been replaced by Edge. Both apps are still in Windows 10.
    • wongataa
    • By wongataa 11th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 786 Thanks
    wongataa
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    IE11 has not been replaced by Edge. Both apps are still in Windows 10.
    Originally posted by arrallas
    IE has been replaced by Edge. IE is not visible to the user be default in Windows 10 unless you specifically enable it. It is only included to ensure compatibility with legacy systems until they sort themselves out and update to work with current browsers. Eventually IE will disappear.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,596Posts Today

8,920Users online

Martin's Twitter