Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 10th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 2,294Posts
    • 4,275Thanks
    SamsReturn
    We shouln't stigmatise drugies
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    We shouln't stigmatise drugies 10th Jan 18 at 9:56 AM
    Policymakers and the media should avoid using terms such as "drug user", "addict" and "junkie", a report by a group of former world leaders has said.
    The Global Commission on Drug Policy has drawn up a checklist of what language should and should not be used.
    It said negative language presented people who use drugs as "physically inferior or morally flawed".
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42630131
    I'm glad they've pointed that out to me. The last thing i'd ever want to do is upset some junkie.
    Last edited by SamsReturn; 10-01-2018 at 9:59 AM.
Page 1
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 10th Jan 18, 10:13 AM
    • 827 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:13 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:13 AM
    Last week near me there was a band busking in the street and a drug addict dancing in a manner which most people would consider funny and embarrassing.

It was utterly clear that she was an addict, but nevertheless, smart phones were at the ready all round from bypassers so they could share this 'hilarious' experience with their pals on Facebook. Yet another 'wonderous' effect of social media.

The problem runs a lot further than people using the word 'junkie'....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,515Users online

Martin's Twitter