Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SassySaver88
    • By SassySaver88 10th Jan 18, 5:47 AM
    • 77Posts
    • 96Thanks
    SassySaver88
    Land Registry help
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:47 AM
    Land Registry help 10th Jan 18 at 5:47 AM
    Hi guys

Its 4.30am here and cant sleep...
    We are so close to exchange its unreal.
    But a hiccup appeared yesterday we were not expecting...

Apparently there is a restriction on the property with a finance company....
    Now our soictor said that she requested confirmation from the sellers solictor on 21st November that on completion the restriction would be paid and then dissolved, they would complete something called undertaking and the restriction would be removed.

That was 2 months ago.

Spoke to solictor yesterday who says that the sellers solictor is still waiting for a settlement figure...

We have to be out our house by 31st..

So my questions are...
    How hard is it to get a restriction cleared in a house sale?
    Where in the process is the asking for settlement figure?
    And is there anything I can do because this is been outstanding for 2 months and I feel like we are getting no where.

Sellers are wanting to pay the debt on completion and our solictor says that she just needs confirmation from the finance company that thats ok
    Surely thats just a letter?

Help needed...anyone
Page 1
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    • 37,308 Posts
    • 157,161 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    You have had more responses on the other thread you started on the Housing Board, which is the right place for the thread. I have merged the posts over to that thread.

It can be found here.

I am locking this now to avoid further confusion.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,047Posts Today

8,021Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin