Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,157Posts
    • 20,571Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 99
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 15th Jul 18, 9:33 AM
    • 752 Posts
    • 4,348 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    Great, but maybe time for a renewed thread just in case..... don't want to be subjected to mystery culling again
    Originally posted by Islandmaid
    Does that happen

Main meal at my sister's today, birthday meal for niece, so salad and humous and toasted pitta bread for lunch
    Sept GC 62.58/240
    NSD target: Aug 21/20, Sept 8/14
    Sept Bring Your Lunch to Work Target
    6/13
    1 a day: Aug 60.88/31
    Sept 29.63/30
    Tesco CC 10,151.56 0% 30mnths, First Direct CC 4321.80 4111.7 0% til Feb 20
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Jul 18, 10:34 AM
    • 20,670 Posts
    • 55,575 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Cheese salad for us today.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 15th Jul 18, 11:27 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 41,113 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    40 cloves of garlic chicken today, with HM walnut bread for DH and salad for both of us.

Chilled melon for pud

Ice cold Spanish rose to drink :Hic:

I feel sorry for my work colleagues tomorrow, Garlic overload
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Jul 18, 11:37 AM
    • 20,670 Posts
    • 55,575 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Does that happen
    Originally posted by Hopeless Case
    Yes, quite a few threads were deleted - they think it might have been caused by people hitting the button by mistake, resulting in automatic deletion of the thread with no chance of restoring it.
    I think there's still a sticky at the top of this board about it.
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 15th Jul 18, 1:39 PM
    • 236 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Am having last venison burger for lunch to use up bread and I have bought a big box of 2 x curry, rice, nan bread and onion bahji. Will only eat half as its for 2, the rest go in freezer. Hospital said "have a big meal the night before and have a good clear out" Either chilli or Indian then I guess !!!!! (Even bought some giant crumpets to make sure I last out until after operation !!
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 15th Jul 18, 1:45 PM
    • 12,585 Posts
    • 174,513 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Sausages cooked outside for us today with a reheated jacket potato and coleslaw made from a pointy cabbage from the polytunnel. Blackberries and 0%fat Greek yoghurt for pud and our usual cup of coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 15th Jul 18, 7:40 PM
    • 3,612 Posts
    • 32,976 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Yesterday I advised DOH that he was in charge of making tonight's meal, I didn't care if it was as basic as egg and chips or whatever he chose. The resulting lightly breaded haddock with mixed salad and (bought) potato salad was delicious and he sorted it out while I was once more hauling cans of water around the garden.

To be fair, since I became poorly he now prepares and cooks the vegetables and/or prepares the salad, on days that I don't feel like eating much he makes his own meal. Born in war time he is much more competent in the kitchen than many of his friends (one of which we are sure doesn't know where the kitchen is
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
    • JIL
    • By JIL 16th Jul 18, 12:35 AM
    • 3,157 Posts
    • 20,571 Thanks
    JIL
    We had curry last night and today we decided we would have a barbeque.

There were four of us and we had lots of veg, hallomi, mackerel, chicken, sausages, veg burgers, and kebabs.
    We had new potatoes, salad, pasta salad and coleslaw.

I had a marks and Spencer voucher, so had used this for the 12 prosecco meal deal,so we had the salad, raspberries for dessert and prosecco to drink.
    The chicken went in the freezer.
    Last edited by JIL; 16-07-2018 at 12:37 AM.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 16th Jul 18, 8:20 AM
    • 20,670 Posts
    • 55,575 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I'm making Briam today, courtesy of A*d*'s super 6 aubergine & courgettes deal.
    • klew356
    • By klew356 16th Jul 18, 11:24 AM
    • 303 Posts
    • 1,794 Thanks
    klew356
    I have meal planned this week, and trying not to spend much time next to the cooker! Its just too warm!
    So lunch is a salad with a few bits I picked up yesterday and tonight is chicken kiev and jersey royals and veg of some sort. I have butchers turkey burgers to use, a corn beef hash lurking in the freezer, another ckicken kiev and eggs to use the rest of the week. Im out on Tuesday night and undecided yet for Friday night. The only thing I wold need to go to the shop for is ice lollies should we run out!
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 16th Jul 18, 11:43 AM
    • 4,721 Posts
    • 54,996 Thanks
    Jazee
    Spag bol here from the freezer.
    Savings 2018: 795.85
    • C J
    • By C J 16th Jul 18, 11:46 AM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 6,636 Thanks
    C J
    Currently waiting to board the return ferry from Fishbourne after a truly lovely holibobs on the IOW. I won!!!8217;t feel like cooking tonight so it will be a simple pasta and salad affair (with wine).
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 16th Jul 18, 12:49 PM
    • 12,585 Posts
    • 174,513 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I looked up 'Briam' it sounds delicious and I will most deifintely give it a go for us, thanks!

Lunch for us today will be beans on toast with poached egg and supper tonight in this heat is going to be a tomatoey vegetable stew with fresh soya beans in on a savoury onion rice base. Blackberry crumble with digestive biscuit crush topping after that and a cup of coffee to finish.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 16th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 41,113 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    CJ Glad you enjoyed your holiday here, with this fab weather it's like being on the Med

I have been stuck in an office this morning, with little air, talking a load of old cobblers (work meeting) with colleagues, I am not in the mood for complicated tonight, so will be simply fried steak and salad, sauteed new potatoes for DH - DS is at work tonight with a HM 'ping' meal of chilli and rice.
    Last edited by Islandmaid; 16-07-2018 at 3:43 PM.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • maisymoo5
    • By maisymoo5 16th Jul 18, 3:32 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 755 Thanks
    maisymoo5
    I too had to look up what briam was. Looks tasty.

Saturday we had cheese and salad fajitas, Sunday was a delicious roast dinner at a friend's house and tonight we are having some burgers which need eating up (we don't like them but cannot bare to waste them so are working our way though them slowly. These will be heavily masked with cheese and a bun (mine with salad) and some oven chips. Nothing exciting but maybe a glass of wine.
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 16th Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    • 752 Posts
    • 4,348 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    Yes, quite a few threads were deleted - they think it might have been caused by people hitting the button by mistake, resulting in automatic deletion of the thread with no chance of restoring it.
    I think there's still a sticky at the top of this board about it.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    Thanks I'll have a read

Tonight cod steaks, kale, peas, either rice or potatoes and gravy for OH
    Sept GC 62.58/240
    NSD target: Aug 21/20, Sept 8/14
    Sept Bring Your Lunch to Work Target
    6/13
    1 a day: Aug 60.88/31
    Sept 29.63/30
    Tesco CC 10,151.56 0% 30mnths, First Direct CC 4321.80 4111.7 0% til Feb 20
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 16th Jul 18, 8:25 PM
    • 7,380 Posts
    • 50,826 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Yesterday I had a stupidly early start and a race in the Big Smoke (which was a little on the warm side to say the least) Celebrations of not totally wilting were done via a post race burger and 'dinner' at about 9pm was a bowl of supernoodles.

Dinner tonight is a Ristorante pizza - supposed to be a mushroom one but seems to have a distinct lack of aforementioned 'shrooms compared to usual - production cost reductions no doubt.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 16th Jul 18, 9:29 PM
    • 3,612 Posts
    • 32,976 Thanks
    maddiemay
    We had a light lunch at a NT cafe after a great walk around the large walled garden, so this evening ham & tomato sandwich for OH and the same on oatcakes for me. Sneaky custard tart with a cuppa when we got home, so sort of had pudding first
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 17th Jul 18, 8:08 AM
    • 12,585 Posts
    • 174,513 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    On my own today but with Maisie dog's company so lunch be avocado on toast which is one of my favourite things and supper this evening will be a roasted chicken thigh stuffed with low fat sausage meat and wrapped in bacon with some new potatoes and a nice crisp salad treat for the day will be NOT having blackberries for pudding just my cup of coffee!
    • klew356
    • By klew356 17th Jul 18, 8:24 AM
    • 303 Posts
    • 1,794 Thanks
    klew356
    I just cant get away with avocado, when people have avo and egg on toast I prefer my poached eggs without the avo!
    So last night I had the chicken kiev with rice and sweetcorn, todays salad is ready to rock for lunch and nothing planned for dins as we are out. I had a couple of slices of fruit toast for breakfast, nice for a change
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,650Posts Today

4,354Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin