Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,244Posts
    • 20,863Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 98
    • klew356
    • By klew356 12th Jul 18, 4:03 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    klew356
    As the day draws on I really fancy potato salad, nice butchers ham etc mmm think after spin il pop to morrisons and sort this out
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 12th Jul 18, 7:56 PM
    • 7,564 Posts
    • 51,967 Thanks
    kerri gt
    just scoffed a spinach and ricotta cannelloni - getting to the second half of the month so needing to make a concerted effort to use stuff (errr...how often do I say that?)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 13th Jul 18, 6:41 AM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 41,462 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Bit of a lazy weekend ahead, out for a meal tonight, then off to a wedding tomorrow, so only need to cook Sunday.

I will make some 'ready meals' for DS, he works shifts, so it's always easier for him to have something to grab and ping at work - chilli and chicken curry are the current favourites
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Jul 18, 6:48 AM
    • 12,818 Posts
    • 177,124 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Soup and chicken for lunch today and then some spicy bean burgers with new potatoes and salad for supper. Cheats cheesecake (a digestive biscuit spread with low fat soft cheese and topped with blackberries and a dusting of sweetener) for pud and our usual cup of coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Mrs Money Penny
    • By Mrs Money Penny 13th Jul 18, 8:54 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 6,288 Thanks
    Mrs Money Penny
    Tonight we have home made quiche, few chips and beans. Quick and simple as Iím working late.
    MFIT Challenge save £40k
    £48828.05/£46842.89/-£1985.16
    • Smurphington
    • By Smurphington 13th Jul 18, 8:59 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    Smurphington
    I have some left over pizza dough and tomato sauce thing in the freezer so cheese and tom pizza and wedges it is tonight
    • klew356
    • By klew356 13th Jul 18, 10:59 AM
    • 342 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    klew356
    Havenít had the chance to make the potato salad but im having salad for lunch with nice butchers ham. Tonight who knows but got a lot of bargains last night so im sorted for the weekend and the next few days
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 13th Jul 18, 12:08 PM
    • 4,759 Posts
    • 55,265 Thanks
    Jazee
    Mrs LW. I will be using your 'cheat's cheesecake' idea.

Tonight we are having KFC-style fakeaway.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    • maisymoo5
    • By maisymoo5 13th Jul 18, 1:03 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 755 Thanks
    maisymoo5
    Last night was h/m chicken, stilton, horseradish and mixed herb meat balls bulked up with some of the cheap oats that my OH acquired when he was going through a porridge faze.

Tonights dinner will be fridge picky bits/salad etc, grated cheddar and some pork mince I need to use up with a h/m tomato sauce and some packet spice to give it some kick served with wholemeal wraps for a quick fajita supper.
    • K80 Black
    • By K80 Black 13th Jul 18, 4:20 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    K80 Black
    Boring dinner last night - some kievs/quorn fillets, breaded mushrooms and rice cooked in stock. However, at about 8pm I was peckish and feeling like something sweet, so I nipped into the kitchen and whipped up some little fairy cakes. By 8.30pm we were scoffing them!

I have a foolproof recipe for them - weight your eggs, then add the same amount of butter, sugar, and self raising flour. Since discovering this, I've been much more likely to bake them as a whim, not a special treat.

I'm off to the pub this evening to celebrate a birthday, so I'm having chips from the chip shop for dinner. Not very money-saving, but I'm pretty sure that fish and chips were the first 'takeaway' we had in the UK, so I'm keeping it old-style!
    Last edited by K80 Black; 13-07-2018 at 5:06 PM.
    • MrsStepford
    • By MrsStepford 13th Jul 18, 8:08 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    MrsStepford
    Chinese takeaway oops !
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 13th Jul 18, 8:14 PM
    • 3,702 Posts
    • 34,097 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Hard boiled egg and LO cold butcher's sausage with lots of salad and a sneaky portion of french fries (me) and chips for OH, first time the oven has been on in about a month, have been managing with the Remoska.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 14th Jul 18, 7:32 AM
    • 888 Posts
    • 5,334 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    I'll be having something using my home grown courgettes and some YS mushrooms which need eating, and I'll add a bit of chicken for OH
    Nov GC £80.34/£200
    NSD target: Nov 1/15
    Bring Your Lunch to Work Target Nov 1/15
    £1 a day: Nov £44.75/£45
    Tesco CC Aug 18 £10,151.56 £9950.56 0% 30mnths, First Direct CC Aug 18 £4321.80 £3968.77 0% til Feb 20
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Jul 18, 9:16 AM
    • 7,564 Posts
    • 51,967 Thanks
    kerri gt
    OH was out last night so I had steak, jersey royals and runner beans.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 14th Jul 18, 9:42 AM
    • 12,818 Posts
    • 177,124 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Soup and cold meat for lunch and supper tonight will be the two already cooked jackets with scotch eggs and some pan fried courgettes from the plots. Fresh Blackberries and Greek yoghurt for pud and our usual cup of coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 14th Jul 18, 9:47 AM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 41,462 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Whatever is provided at our friends wedding, sure it will be lovely
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 14th Jul 18, 10:05 AM
    • 294 Posts
    • 5,251 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Dinner tonight will be hm chicken curry, hm garlic and coriander naans and some rice.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 14th Jul 18, 12:03 PM
    • 12,818 Posts
    • 177,124 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    We've reached 100 pages woohoo!
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 14th Jul 18, 3:34 PM
    • 3,702 Posts
    • 34,097 Thanks
    maddiemay
    I bought chicken thighs with the aim of making enchiladas, but it is far too hot to spend much time cooking, instead I am about to make a satay sauce/marinade cook in the Remoska later and serve with egg fried rice and steamed beans and mange tout.

I so want to make a GF Victoria sponge, but really cannot stand the heat in the kitchen.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 14th Jul 18, 3:47 PM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 41,462 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    We've reached 100 pages woohoo!
    Originally posted by MrsLurcherwalker
    Great, but maybe time for a renewed thread just in case..... don't want to be subjected to mystery culling again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,369Posts Today

6,725Users online

Martin's Twitter