Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,073Posts
    • 20,327Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 97
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 7th Jul 18, 7:57 AM
    • 2,698 Posts
    • 39,353 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Big, Gert, BBQ this afternoon, with lots of wine and giggles
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 7th Jul 18, 8:27 AM
    • 4,559 Posts
    • 53,319 Thanks
    Jazee
    DH is making an Indian style feast for our visitors to have after the football.
    Savings 2018: 717.52
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 7th Jul 18, 8:37 AM
    • 12,081 Posts
    • 167,533 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Repeat of yesterday.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 7th Jul 18, 8:48 AM
    • 260 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight's dinner will be rump steak, chips, onion rings, peas, roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and peppercorn sauce.
    Miles walked in 2018 - 257/700
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 7th Jul 18, 10:27 AM
    • 225 Posts
    • 1,165 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Having lamb chops tonight probably with broccoli and Italian potatoes. Had the pork cheeks from freezer last night and they were wonderful. Thai style chicken and soya beans (freezer) tomorrow then do new menu plan for next week.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 8th Jul 18, 9:29 AM
    • 2,698 Posts
    • 39,353 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Taking MIL out for light lunch, then small BBQ tonight for us
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 8th Jul 18, 9:34 AM
    • 12,081 Posts
    • 167,533 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    It was going to be a freezer dive BUT I've made us the HFW courgettes with pasta and mozzarella cheese to use up a goodly part of the courgette mountain and I've cooked some runner beans German style with dried savoury to flavour them and I'll make a simple French dressing to turn them into a salad to go with the pasta dish. Just been up the garden and picked a container full of blackberries, loganberries and redcurrants, have blueberries in the fridge and that's pudding with some fat free Greek yoghurt, all in the fridge to cool them down.

He Who Knows is suffering a bit in the heat so I've grounded him for the day and Cookie won't be getting her walk. I'll keep him well hydrated poor old fella and hope he feels better for it!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 8th Jul 18, 10:21 AM
    • 4,559 Posts
    • 53,319 Thanks
    Jazee
    No dog walk here either Mrs LW. Dinner tonight will be quiche and salad.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 8th Jul 18, 3:27 PM
    • 260 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight I'll be cooking a slow roasted shoulder of lamb, roast potatoes, cornish new potatoes, yorkshire puddings, broccoli, carrots, poached leeks, gravy and mint sauce made with mint from the garden. A rm individual strawberry trifle each for dessert, plus a few hg strawberries as a garnish.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 8th Jul 18, 4:32 PM
    • 4,559 Posts
    • 53,319 Thanks
    Jazee
    Change of plan here. DH wants spaghetti Bol.
    • maisymoo5
    • By maisymoo5 8th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    maisymoo5
    Last night's dinner was chicken burger in a bun with oven chips.

Tonight is bbq'd kebabs made with monkfish cheeks and tiger prawns and possibly some sausages (depends how many kebabs I can make) along with some leftover rolls and some salad from the greenhouse.
    • Smoosh
    • By Smoosh 8th Jul 18, 6:53 PM
    • 1,029 Posts
    • 12,258 Thanks
    Smoosh
    Halloumi, pea and lemon risotto with salad leaves and tomatoes.

With an extra portion made for lunch during the week.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 9th Jul 18, 1:04 AM
    • 3,073 Posts
    • 20,327 Thanks
    JIL
    Saturday, watched the football, visited my parents, came home and we had salad. With a few actifry wedges.
    Today we went for a walk round the town, popped into supermarket, I wanted some granary bread flower. Picked up a big chicken reduced to half price.
    That was cooked for tea and I steamed some new potatoes, green beans, brussell sprouts (bought reduced on Thursday, but from south Africa!!), carrot and broad beans(also reduced) reheated a piece of nut roast and a couple of stuffing balls.
    I have enjoyed my weekend, they pass so quickly.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 9th Jul 18, 6:20 AM
    • 2,698 Posts
    • 39,353 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Grilled chicken, new potatoes and veg here, minus spuds for me
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 9th Jul 18, 8:12 AM
    • 478 Posts
    • 2,502 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    Might be a bit odd tonight - defrosted some grilling cheese and it didn't get used at bbq so I'll do it for tea tonight, I'll probably treat it like steaks and do potatoes and veg with it
    June GC 218.09/ 300; July GC Target 250 -177.79/ 72.21
    July NSD target 6/10
    July Bring Your Lunch to Work Target 7/13
    Buy a used car/ get out of PCP cycle fund 400/2400
    Cashback YTD 0.80/ claims 'on ice' for 9.75 untracked cashback
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Jul 18, 8:18 AM
    • 12,081 Posts
    • 167,533 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Chilli dusted grilled salmon with a puy lentil and sweet potato salad that also has rocket and feta cheese in all in an orange vinaigrette dressing. Blueberries and fat free Greek yoghurt for pudding and the usual cup of coffee.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 9th Jul 18, 9:27 AM
    • 260 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We all enjoyed the pizzas we had last week so much, we are going to repeat them tonight: a selection of hm pizzas - veggie, pepperoni, spinach and ricotta served with hm coleslaw, salad (including lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, spinach) from the garden, hm garlic bread and hm sweet potato wedges.
    • klew356
    • By klew356 9th Jul 18, 1:42 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 1,039 Thanks
    klew356
    I have nothing planned, had poached eggs at lunchtime and forgot to defrost anything, sigh. i know there is some jersey royals lurking but as to watch i will have with them is anyones guess!
    • maisymoo5
    • By maisymoo5 9th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    maisymoo5
    was able to make enough kebabs from the monkfish and prawns so it will be sausages for us tonight. Not sure what with yet as too hot to even think about food. Maybe sausages and ice cream at this rate
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 9th Jul 18, 4:52 PM
    • 478 Posts
    • 2,502 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    Might be a bit odd tonight - defrosted some grilling cheese and it didn't get used at bbq so I'll do it for tea tonight, I'll probably treat it like steaks and do potatoes and veg with it
    Originally posted by Hopeless Case
    OH - who is poacher turned gamekeeper since he had his stents - doesn't want the cheese as it's too fatty, so I'll do some of the YS salmon I bought today!
    June GC 218.09/ 300; July GC Target 250 -177.79/ 72.21
    July NSD target 6/10
    July Bring Your Lunch to Work Target 7/13
    Buy a used car/ get out of PCP cycle fund 400/2400
    Cashback YTD 0.80/ claims 'on ice' for 9.75 untracked cashback
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

503Posts Today

5,703Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin