Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,237Posts
    • 20,847Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 73
    • Cappella
    • By Cappella 15th May 18, 8:00 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 8,192 Thanks
    Cappella
    Homemade chilli here, with rice and a crisp salad. Made it late last night. Always think chilli is nicer on the second day!
    • klew356
    • By klew356 15th May 18, 8:27 AM
    • 342 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    klew356
    Lunch today will be a BLT roll - have some lovely smoked back bacon from the butcher. Dinner tonight will be chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce, jersey royals, broccoli and green beans. Fruit salad and greek yogurt with honey and toasted nuts/seeds for pud.
    Originally posted by hatful-of-hollow
    Oh no, i want to ditch the mince i had planned for tonight and have your chicken dish instead haha
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 15th May 18, 9:30 AM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,169 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Chicken tikka is slow cooking for when my girls finish work. They can sort their own rice out, later. I'm having a portion of the vegetable curry I cooked earlier
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 15th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 294 Posts
    • 5,251 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight's dinner will be jacket potato filled with cheese, mushrooms, onions and home cooked ham, served with salad, hm coleslaw and hm curried rice salad.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th May 18, 10:21 AM
    • 7,563 Posts
    • 51,940 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Roasted veg being done tonight (found an old Maggi packet in the cupboard, I'll use the seasoning for the veg and keep the roasting bag for something else) OH will have his with pasta and I'll have a Basa fillet.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 15th May 18, 11:43 AM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,169 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Roasted veg being done tonight (found an old Maggi packet in the cupboard, I'll use the seasoning for the veg and keep the roasting bag for something else) OH will have his with pasta and I'll have a Basa fillet.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    I have loads of empty bags as I often use the powder to season wedges
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 15th May 18, 12:08 PM
    • 12,810 Posts
    • 177,049 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Lunch today will be some more leek and potato soup as I've just made another batch to use up flowering leeks from the garden, supper this evening will be salmon steaks in the Foreman grill and I'll sprinkle them liberally with Za'attar seasoning before I cook then (it's delicious) and we'll have them with new potatoes, steamed broccoli, peas and green beans. Berries and Greek yoghurt for pudding and our usual cup of black coffee to finish.

House offer accepted here and an offer made on a delicious house in our chosen area, waiting to hear if it's accepted now!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • C J
    • By C J 15th May 18, 12:28 PM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 6,851 Thanks
    C J
    Oh, many congrats Mrs LW! You must be very pleased and excited.

Busy day here with a later than normal finish, so we need a quick and easy supper. I'm planning to chuck some fish fillets which I've dusted with spices and panko breadcrumbs into the oven and serve with a few chips and maybe some mushy peas. Strawberries and cream for pud.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 15th May 18, 3:06 PM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 41,462 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Lyn sounds fab, very exciting
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • Witless
    • By Witless 15th May 18, 7:09 PM
    • 686 Posts
    • 3,763 Thanks
    Witless
    'twas the best of times ... 'twas the worst of times ...

Not technically a 'bad' day when weighed in the great balance, but certainly not the best I've ever had by a long chalk.

Allied to a bad attack of CBA it was time for comfort food ... without cooking.

Dinner was ... *hangs head in shame* ... 2 sausage roll sandwiches with the butter melted into the brown (HP of course) sauce.

Not a culinary masterpiece ... but just what I needed and certainly hit the spot!
    • caronc
    • By caronc 15th May 18, 7:29 PM
    • 4,646 Posts
    • 28,109 Thanks
    caronc
    Slow cooked spanish chicken with butterbeans
    Last edited by caronc; 15-05-2018 at 8:43 PM.

• joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th May 18, 8:56 PM
    • 5,598 Posts
    • 41,430 Thanks
    joedenise
    It was a veggie day today - ricotta, lemon & courgette pasta for lunch. Dinner was a veggie chilli made with TVP served with rice.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th May 18, 11:20 PM
    • 7,563 Posts
    • 51,940 Thanks
    kerri gt
    'twas the best of times ... 'twas the worst of times ...

Not technically a 'bad' day when weighed in the great balance, but certainly not the best I've ever had by a long chalk.

Allied to a bad attack of CBA it was time for comfort food ... without cooking.

Dinner was ... *hangs head in shame* ... 2 sausage roll sandwiches with the butter melted into the brown (HP of course) sauce.

Not a culinary masterpiece ... but just what I needed and certainly hit the spot!
    Originally posted by Witless
    Hope tomorrow is a better day, sometimes you need a good portion of comfort food.

Trying to meal plan for tomorrow, though OH said he'll prob just have toast so I shall see what I can forage in the freezer for one.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 16th May 18, 6:43 AM
    • 2,917 Posts
    • 41,462 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Witless Hope today is better and that you enjoyed your sausage roll sarnie

Sausages here tonight, sausage and mash for the men, sausage pepperata, sliced sausage, onions, peppers, tomatoes slow cooked with some garlic and a glug of sherry for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • creative gal
    • By creative gal 16th May 18, 6:59 AM
    • 104 Posts
    • 767 Thanks
    creative gal
    Chilli con carne, about one of my only fully planned meals for this week. I'll serve it with rice.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 16th May 18, 7:57 AM
    • 12,810 Posts
    • 177,049 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    He Who Knows is going fishing today so he's got a sweet potato falafel wrap and other things for a packed lunch and I will fridge forage for my lunch and use up some 'ends'.

Supper this evening will be some YS cheese and broccoli burgers I found in the Co-Op yesterday in wholemeal rolls with a lovely mixed salad and some new potatoes. Berries and Greek yoghurt for pudding and our usual cup of black coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 16th May 18, 12:43 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 5,251 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Really fancied boiled eggs and soldiers for lunch today, so that's what I had. Dinner tonight will be pork sausages, with jersey royals and beans - nice and easy as intend to spend some time in the garden this afternoon...
    • Cappella
    • By Cappella 16th May 18, 1:02 PM
    • 606 Posts
    • 8,192 Thanks
    Cappella
    Salmon fillet with baby potatoes, home grown asparagus and the last of last year’s green beans. Fruit plate for dessert
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 16th May 18, 2:42 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,169 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Undecided on what I'm going to eat today. Feeling bleurgh

There's a turkey drumstick in one sc and a gammon joint in the other, which my girls can have when they finish work - or they still have some curry left over. I might settle for an omelette perhaps.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 16th May 18, 6:34 PM
    • 7,563 Posts
    • 51,940 Thanks
    kerri gt
    OH had a fish pie, I had a fish cake with minted peas and new potatoes.
    JAN NSD 11/16

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,889Posts Today

7,471Users online

Martin's Twitter