Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,160Posts
    • 20,576Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 70
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 5th May 18, 9:11 PM
    • 7,393 Posts
    • 50,898 Thanks
    kerri gt
    No they weren't but must be on SO across the SMs
    Originally posted by caronc
    must be. I grabbed some POTW cherry tomatoes in lidl today. They've refitted our local store which totally threw me, they have taller style freezers and chillers now, which I don't really like as they make the place feel claustrophobic, and moved the fruit and veg to the front of the store like a traditional supermarket. Problem is that's the section that's always a bottleneck so putting it at the front of the store doesn't really seem wise. I guess time will tell.

Anyway, finally stocked up in lidl, Iceland and sainsbobs today, spent about £90 in all but the cupboards and fridge / freezer really were bare so we're well stocked now for the foreseeable.

Tonight's dinner was cold chicken and mushroom pie from the other night (sounds grim but is actually really nice cold) with peas. OH had pasta.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• caronc
    • By caronc 6th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 26,979 Thanks
    caronc
    A traybake of chicken thighs, various veg and baby spuds spiced with peri peri seasoning.
    GC - Jun £206/£230, Jul £211/£150, Aug £105/£140, Sep £152/£160
    GC YTD 2018- £1186/£1390
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 6th May 18, 7:48 PM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 41,113 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Over a fair few hours we had - Chorizo, Garlic prawns, dressed olives, tadziki, crisps, pistachios, lemon and oregano BBQ chicken thighs, potato salad, watercress salad and errrm chocolate, cherry meringue bomb... and more than a few drinkies *Hic*
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 6th May 18, 8:53 PM
    • 7,393 Posts
    • 50,898 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Cheeseburger for me and cujan pasta for OH down the pub after the football ...with a beer...or two.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th May 18, 9:08 PM
    • 12,597 Posts
    • 174,653 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    We had steak slices, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and gravy and then blueberries, grapes and banana with Greek yoghurt and a cup of coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 6th May 18, 9:15 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 1,970 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Red lentil and spinach dhal, served with rice for the offspring and courgette ribbons for me.
    • creative gal
    • By creative gal 7th May 18, 8:20 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    creative gal
    not sure yet, but probably fajitas or something similar.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 7th May 18, 8:38 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 41,113 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Having a use up salad today, got LO chicken and sausages

Will make a pasta salad for DS meals this week, (he works shifts) he would normally do his own, but he's gone to London today to surprise his GF at uni on her birthday, she's got an exam this morning - ahh young love......
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 7th May 18, 4:59 PM
    • 12,597 Posts
    • 174,653 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    We had lovely Indian food for lunch at a Country Fair we had Channa Masala, Muttar Paneer and Pilau Rice and a samosa each mine veggie and his lamb followed by a fresh fruit frozen yoghurt, delicious!

We're having a little BBQ for supper with some burgers from the freezer, some chipolata sausages and a nice crispy salad.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 7,393 Posts
    • 50,898 Thanks
    kerri gt
    We got the BBQ out here for the first time this year too, well not so much out as it's the centre pit of the garden table, but first time using it. Had some No Bull burgers from Iceland with salad and a few chips. Little naughty bowl of ice cream for pud.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 7th May 18, 8:37 PM
    • 20,706 Posts
    • 55,690 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Not posted for a few days.
    Friday - out all day so a takeaway fish & chip supper
    Saturday - pasta with mushrooms, peppers, onion & bacon
    Sunday - cheese salad
    Tonight - fry-up (more grilled) with sausage, bacon, eggs, mushrooms & tinned tomatoes.
    The bacon is from a 60p pack of Tesco cooking bacon. It had 2 thick pieces. I used one for the pasta. The other was a sort-of inch thick bacon chop that we part cooked in the oven then finished off in the frying pan. Rested, then sliced and shared.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 7th May 18, 8:41 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 26,979 Thanks
    caronc
    Re-run of last night's peri peri chicken & roast veg with brussel sprouts
    GC YTD 2018- £1186/£1390
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 8th May 18, 6:33 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 41,113 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Got half a punnet of mushrooms to use up, and a steak, so will make stroganoff with brown rice
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 8th May 18, 8:11 AM
    • 12,597 Posts
    • 174,653 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Salad for lunch with a toasted cheese sandwich and I'm making pasta this evening with a tomato sauce using some of our home growns from the freezer, He Who Knows is muttering about how much there is in the smaller one in the garage and would like it used before we move (if that ever happens) rather than compost heap it! He's a thrifty lad!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 8th May 18, 8:29 AM
    • 7,393 Posts
    • 50,898 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Pepper stir fry tonight with sweet chilli and ginger sauce.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• klew356
    • By klew356 8th May 18, 8:54 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,806 Thanks
    klew356
    Did a quick shop yesterday and then had a lovely roast at the parents, i got a cheeky box of leftovers for my lunch which is a good job as i am starving this morning! Tonight i am having a treat of steak with lots of veg more wonky ones purchased yesterday. I also bought mince so tomorrow night i will be making a big pan of something to see me through Thursday and Friday dinner times as i have a big two days at work and want to be prepared so i donít eat crap!
    • caronc
    • By caronc 8th May 18, 8:22 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 26,979 Thanks
    caronc
    Less than lovely weather here today so a wintry meal of beef olive, shallots, sprouts, root veg mash & gravy
    GC YTD 2018- £1186/£1390
    • JIL
    • By JIL 8th May 18, 11:09 PM
    • 3,160 Posts
    • 20,576 Thanks
    JIL
    Made a load of salads and a quiche yesterday, used up tinned beans and other bits, had that yesterday and again today and for lunch tomorrow. It seemed a good idea at the time but I will be glad when it's gone.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 9th May 18, 6:43 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 41,113 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Chilli chicken with veg noodles tonight, maybe a spring roll or 2.

I have had a cold for nearly a month now, it's coming in bits, first it was light sniffles, then bad cough, last week was a snotty nose, this week it's the sorest throat I have ever known - wish it would just go away......
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 9th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 236 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Bought box of YS mushrooms yesterday so had omelette for brekkie but although I wanted to use with chicken thigh for dinner had already decided on chicken & chorizo paella so that will be it - not been good making paella so lets hope.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

1,921Users online

Martin's Twitter