Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,317Posts
    • 21,071Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 63
    • JIL
    • By JIL 18th Apr 18, 12:07 AM
    • 3,317 Posts
    • 21,071 Thanks
    JIL
    I had quorn chilli, husband had meat chilli, with rice and avocado.

Ice cream for afterwards.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 18th Apr 18, 6:41 AM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 41,578 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Chicken jalfrezi style curry tonight, HM flatbreads and shop bought Onion bhaji
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 18th Apr 18, 9:16 AM
    • 11,471 Posts
    • 30,957 Thanks
    suki1964
    Chicken jalfrezi style curry tonight, HM flatbreads and shop bought Onion bhaji
    Originally posted by Islandmaid
    Set another plate, Im on my way, but Ill make the onion bhajis

Thats so my kind of dinner

Tonight Ive gammon and roasted veg. I shall make some soup with the stock for my lunch on Thursday and Friday

Also have promised the guys in work profiteroles and cookies and I shall be making a baileys cheesecake for here

Good job I don't have a sweet tooth
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 18th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    • 295 Posts
    • 5,258 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Lunch today will be hm minestrone soup with a baguette. Dinner tonight is garlic, lemon and rosemary marinated chicken breast, with chips and salad.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 18th Apr 18, 11:54 AM
    • 5,733 Posts
    • 42,353 Thanks
    joedenise
    Have decided on cauliflower cheese & new potatoes for dinner tonight. I've got a chicken tagine with extra veg added slow cooking in the oven at the moment, this will be going in the freezer once cooled.

Denise
    • C J
    • By C J 18th Apr 18, 12:44 PM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 6,876 Thanks
    C J
    Chicken chow mein, to use up the last scraps of Sunday's roast chicken. I have all the other ingredients bar the spring onions so am currently deliberating whether to call in at the shop in the next village on the way home to buy some, or whether I will make do with ordinary sliced onions.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • caronc
    • By caronc 18th Apr 18, 8:15 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 29,424 Thanks
    caronc
    Main meal at lunchtime today for a change - bacon chop, colcannon and parsley sauce.

• kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 18th Apr 18, 8:32 PM
    • 7,620 Posts
    • 52,290 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Dinner ended up being sausages (Quorn for OH, YS Tesco Finest for me) with peas and carrots, plus I cooked dauphinoise style potatoes in a jar of the honey mustard sauce I had lingering.

Potatoes could have done with perhaps 5mins longer but on the whole it was all yummy - and now I have another option for the sauce too (have another couple of jars to use)

Not 100% sure what tomorrow will be - have some mash in the freezer so might do that with something.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 18th Apr 18, 8:47 PM
    • 21,198 Posts
    • 57,207 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Just had a homemade vegetarian Chinese curry (made with Mayflower curry powder, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and peas) with homemade wedges.
    • creative gal
    • By creative gal 19th Apr 18, 6:06 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 792 Thanks
    creative gal
    due to me having a bad head, last night was beans on toast, with a little reggae reggae bbq sauce stirred into the beans, and the beans topped with a little grated cheese. Think I'll probably cook pork steaks with roasted veg and garlic bread tonight, as that was planned for yesterday.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 19th Apr 18, 7:46 AM
    • 295 Posts
    • 5,258 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Today we'll be having cawl for lunch, with bread and cheese.

Dinner tonight will be chicken yet again (have got a freezer drawer full of chicken breasts as I got a good deal from the butcher). I'm going to make chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce, to be served with roasted veg and rice. A lemon curd 4 minute microwave sponge pudding with custard for dessert.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 19th Apr 18, 7:53 AM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 41,578 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Chicken tikka here with salad and new potatoes

Will also make a pineapple upside down cake because DH fancies some
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 19th Apr 18, 9:07 AM
    • 7,620 Posts
    • 52,290 Thanks
    kerri gt
    due to me having a bad head, last night was beans on toast, with a little reggae reggae bbq sauce stirred into the beans, and the beans topped with a little grated cheese. Think I'll probably cook pork steaks with roasted veg and garlic bread tonight, as that was planned for yesterday.
    Originally posted by creative gal
    Must've been the weather - I was absolutely shattered last night and feeling rather grumpy although I knew I was so just tried to keep quiet and let it blow over.

Tonight will be Mediterranean roasted veg, to use a sachet up I have and a rather sad looking courgette with peppers and an aubergine from the Lid! special too. Will see if I can tempt OH to try any.

Have just got a steak out to have it with and will prob finish up the last of the potatoes from last night so they aren't lingering.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C J
    • By C J 19th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 6,876 Thanks
    C J
    I have half a pack of (shop bought) puff pastry left over after making the chicken pie the other day, so I am using this up by making a couple of cheese/onion/potato pasties for tonight's supper.

I quite fancy a few chips with it, but that'll be very carb heavy so will (probably) be virtuous and just serve a salad with them. Maybe.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • caronc
    • By caronc 19th Apr 18, 7:42 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 29,424 Thanks
    caronc
    HM moussaka and green beans

• Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 19th Apr 18, 7:42 PM
    • 21,198 Posts
    • 57,207 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I have chicken thighs, potatoes, mushrooms & peppers in the slow cooker because the veg needed using.
    But I'' probably postpone eating that until Saturday.

Instead we're having Italian and Spanish cold meats, including Iberico chorizo, with artisan bread and a range of olives and maybe some cheese.
    And a bottle of chilled white wine.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 19th Apr 18, 8:00 PM
    • 5,733 Posts
    • 42,353 Thanks
    joedenise
    Needed a quick dinner tonight so had haddock, sweet potato & white potato chips, peas.

Denise
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 19th Apr 18, 8:36 PM
    • 7,620 Posts
    • 52,290 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Instead we're having Italian and Spanish cold meats, including Iberico chorizo, with artisan bread and a range of olives and maybe some cheese.
    And a bottle of chilled white wine.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    Ohhh, you've just reminded me we have a Camembert in the freezer - will be getting that out in the nice weather with some crusty bread
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 20th Apr 18, 7:36 AM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 41,578 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Out for a friend's birthday tonight
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 20th Apr 18, 10:39 AM
    • 295 Posts
    • 5,258 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight we'll be having burger in a bun with hm spicy wedges, salad and onion rings.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,487Posts Today

6,684Users online

Martin's Twitter