Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,160Posts
    • 20,576Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 61
    • frugalish
    • By frugalish 13th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 266 Thanks
    frugalish
    Sandwiches with BM bread for lunch - either cheese and something or banana and honey... I'm fancying the banana!

I've made date and peanut butter flapjack for treats - it usually lasts us about five days, so that's good and cheap

Tonight's dinner will be one of the following:
    The last of the chicken casserole with oven chips and peas, or
    (Rather old from the freezer) sausages, beans and chips, or
    (Even older from the freezer!) Whatever the unidentifed thing is I found at the bottom of the freezer that looks like it could be chicken or pork fricassee, with whatever goes with it out of chips, baked potatoes or rice!

Dinners for the rest of the weekend will be the other selections mentioned above!

I've finally found my way to the bottom of the freezer, and it's not pretty! I'm sure there's meat there from 2008!
    "What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?" - George Eliot

Grocery Challenge April 18 183.42 / 250 = 66.58
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    • gt568
    • By gt568 13th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 1,692 Posts
    • 2,817 Thanks
    gt568
    Chicken wings.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • caronc
    • By caronc 13th Apr 18, 5:46 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 26,979 Thanks
    caronc
    Cajun spiced salmon, pepper & onion stew and baby roast spuds
    GC - Jun 206/230, Jul 211/150, Aug 105/140, Sep 152/160
    GC YTD 2018- 1186/1390
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 13th Apr 18, 7:37 PM
    • 7,393 Posts
    • 50,898 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Reheated a portion of the lemongrass and ginger curry from last night, with some plain rice. Much better than the yucky seaweed posh stuff last night. Have a portion of curry and rice left for tomorrow or the freezer.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Apr 18, 8:22 PM
    • 20,706 Posts
    • 55,690 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Off-topic...
    I'm going to watch the final of MasterChef tonight.
    Been a fab competition.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Apr 18, 8:23 PM
    • 12,597 Posts
    • 174,654 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Life has been hectic of late and I haven't been posting but we've dropped out from the house we were buying and haven't sold this one yet so I'm going to take back life and stop running round like a headless chicken!

Lunch today was a chicken sandwich and a portion of cold crumble and yoghurt when I got back from town and supper this evening was YS breaded cod with basmati rice and steamed peas, sweetcorn and green beans. Lemon wedge and tartare sauce on the side. Currently sipping a low cal hot chocolate to finish off with.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • caronc
    • By caronc 13th Apr 18, 8:42 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 26,979 Thanks
    caronc
    Cajun spiced salmon, pepper & onion stew and baby roast spuds
    Originally posted by caronc
    Ended up not having this, instead
    Ricotta & spinach stuffed pasta with kale, garlic, peas and mozzarella
    GC YTD 2018- 1186/1390
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Apr 18, 8:05 AM
    • 7,393 Posts
    • 50,898 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Sorry the new house didn't work out MrsLW hopefully a better one is out there for you x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 14th Apr 18, 8:11 AM
    • 12,597 Posts
    • 174,654 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Thanks KERRI I'm sure it will happen but in it's own time frame and not in a rush, the market is very static everywhere so very little is coming on and we won't want to get it wrong this HAS to be the 'rest of our days' house.

Lunch today will be Cauliflower Cheese soup I made yesterday with a scotch egg for each of us.

Supper tonight will be Shepherds Pie with carrots, cabbage and gravy and some apple and gooseberry crumble I made a couple of days ago with some low fat custard. Usual cup of coffee to finish.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • creative gal
    • By creative gal 14th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    creative gal
    Something with sausages, quite possibly sausage pasta. Went out for a lovely meal at Miller and Carter with my parents and husband last night, so was well catered for.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 14th Apr 18, 8:23 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 41,113 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    MrsLW Sorry to heat your news, I am a firm believer in 'what is for you, will never pass you by' - it'll happen when it's right x

April is the start of birthday season for us, so tonight we are out with the whole family, on the 'North Island' for a meal out, really looking forward to it as haven't seen our eldest since Chrismas
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 14th Apr 18, 10:08 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 5,224 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Lunch today will be hm leek and potato soup from the freezer with baguette and cheese. For dinner tonight, we're having butcher's sausages with onion gravy, veg and some sort of potato dish.
    Miles walked in 2018 - 293/700
    • *iluvmymini*
    • By *iluvmymini* 14th Apr 18, 8:54 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 2,062 Thanks
    *iluvmymini*
    We had chicken curry with peppers and spinach added, basmati rice and naan bread. I made veggie DD a chickpea and sweet potato curry.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 15th Apr 18, 8:33 AM
    • 12,597 Posts
    • 174,654 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Cauliflower cheese soup for lunch with chicken for me and a ham sandwich for He Who Knows and supper tonight will be home made steak burgers in buns with fried onions and salad topped with mayo served with sweet potato fries and the last of the crumble for pudding. Cup of black coffee to finish.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Apr 18, 9:30 AM
    • 20,706 Posts
    • 55,690 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Lamb chops, new potatoes, broccoli and whatever other veg I can find in the freezer - I know there's carrots, and cauliflower in there somewhere.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 15th Apr 18, 9:59 AM
    • 2,860 Posts
    • 41,113 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Greek style roasted pork loin with blue cheese gnocchi and watercress salad today.

Bacon and chickpea soup for work lunches

I have also make a chocolate ginger ganache tart - barely any calories
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 15th Apr 18, 12:52 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 5,224 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We had ham salad sandwiches for lunch. Tonight's dinner will be a nice piece of beef silverside, roasted medium rare, with roast potatoes, honey roast parsnips, spring greens, carrots, yorkshires and gravy. Have got a rm strawberry trifle that was half price for pud.
    Miles walked in 2018 - 293/700
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 15th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 1,970 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    I'm hoping to defrost the freezer soon, so tonight we're all having something different in an attempt to empty it as much as possible. I'm having quorn fillets with mixed veg, DD will have a chorizo burger, curly fries and some sprouts and DS has declared he's going to tackle the bread mountain in there and will have a massive mound of toast and peanut butter.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Apr 18, 2:13 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 39,975 Thanks
    joedenise
    Lunch was some boiled bacon from the freezer in a sandwich with mustard pickle.

Dinner tonight will be a chicken traybake with cabbage & green beans on the side.

Denise
    • caronc
    • By caronc 15th Apr 18, 7:44 PM
    • 4,401 Posts
    • 26,979 Thanks
    caronc
    Duck breast, garlic mash, mange tout & green beans with a red wine & duck "jus" followed by profiteroles
    GC YTD 2018- 1186/1390
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

271Posts Today

2,200Users online

Martin's Twitter