Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,036Posts
    • 20,168Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 45
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Mar 18, 7:56 PM
    • 7,120 Posts
    • 49,619 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Making a batch of soya chilli....think I might have overdone the chilli a little...whoops!
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 11,829 Posts
    • 164,190 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    We're lunching at Yo Sushi today, he who has to do some errands nearby and suggested it as it's Blue Monday where the dishes, some 45 of them are all 2.80 each instead of the normal varied prices.

Supper tonight will be beans on toast, fat free yoghurt to follow and cup of coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 12th Mar 18, 10:24 AM
    • 20,191 Posts
    • 54,194 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Tonight I'm cooking Pastitsio - one of my favourite dishes on holiday.
    Mama Alexandra makes the best ever.
    On our first day on holiday, it's what I always have.

I might buy some of the long pasta they use for it when I'm over there next time.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 12th Mar 18, 10:35 AM
    • 4,522 Posts
    • 52,956 Thanks
    Jazee
    We're having moussaka tonight with chips and salad. It's homemade by DH but from the freezer so really easy for us.
    Savings 2018: 1641.70
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 12th Mar 18, 1:22 PM
    • 2,639 Posts
    • 38,610 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Having a bit of a use up for a few days as we go on holiday Friday, tonight is burgers and HM chips using up some spuds and HM Coleslaw
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • C J
    • By C J 12th Mar 18, 1:50 PM
    • 1,029 Posts
    • 6,311 Thanks
    C J
    We're having Asian-inspired steamed fish tonight. I did something similar about three weeks ago and we really enjoyed it. This time I will be using a pack of frozen basa fillets (about 2 from Aldi) and will be steaming them with garlic, ginger, lemongrass, red chilli, lime and soy.

Pudding is a home made tiramisu, leftover from yesterday.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 12th Mar 18, 1:57 PM
    • 20,191 Posts
    • 54,194 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Islandmaid - have a great time.
    Are you going to Cadiz? I watched Rick Stein's Long Weekends and it looked a lovely place.
    I just have Thessaloniki and Palermo to watch.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 12th Mar 18, 2:20 PM
    • 2,639 Posts
    • 38,610 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Islandmaid - have a great time.
    Are you going to Cadiz? I watched Rick Stein's Long Weekends and it looked a lovely place.
    I just have Thessaloniki and Palermo to watch.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    Yep Cadiz - a week of history, seafood and sherry - heaven I am SO excited....
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 12th Mar 18, 2:20 PM
    • 246 Posts
    • 4,950 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    I've got a chicken curry in the SC, so we'll have that with pilau rice and hm naans tonight. Hopefully plenty left for the freezer.
    Miles walked in 2018 - 250/700
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 12th Mar 18, 2:45 PM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 7,064 Thanks
    MandM90
    Weekend was a lovely weekend of food:

Saturday:
    Homemade guac, tortilla chips, white bean and sqash chilli and rice

Sunday:
    Mushroom bourgignon, mash, green veg, vegan ice cream, choc pud and berries.

Mum is off on hols this week so dropped me off a bag of fresh fruit, veg and some tofu and rye bread. I think tonight will be veggie sausages, spuds and fresh veg (whatever she's given us!). I also might make some mushroom and lentil spag bol for tomorrow night as I'm crossfitting so won't have much time and will be starving when I get in.
    Last edited by MandM90; 12-03-2018 at 3:03 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • caronc
    • By caronc 12th Mar 18, 6:32 PM
    • 3,893 Posts
    • 24,834 Thanks
    caronc
    Swedish meatballs in a creamy veg sauce with pasta
    GC - Mar 104/150, Apr 164/200, May 96/120, Jun 206/230
    GC YTD 2018- 605/940
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 12th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 2,835 Posts
    • 8,378 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    Hm lasagne from the freezer with salad.
    2 Savers Club 2018 no 1 - 500 +
    Save 12k in 2018 no. 56 - Jan 2280/6,000
    • Witless
    • By Witless 12th Mar 18, 9:11 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 3,216 Thanks
    Witless
    I noticed this morning that the flowering currant was starting to bud: therefore spring is (hopefully) upon us.

That being the case I decided to have a salad - cold roast shoulder of pork (yesterday's - sorry, I forgot), hard boiled eggs, pickled onions, baby beetroot, chunks of Double Gloucester & coleslaw (bought - no time).
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 13th Mar 18, 6:37 AM
    • 2,639 Posts
    • 38,610 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Continuing the use up - Masseman curry tonight, gets rid of more veg from the fridge
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Mar 18, 8:17 AM
    • 11,829 Posts
    • 164,190 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Home made lentil and tomato soup for lunch with chicken for me and a corned beef sandwich for He Who Knows. Supper this evening will be spaghetti Bolognese (made with quorn mince), fresh fruit and low fat Greek yoghurt and our usual cup of coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 13th Mar 18, 9:19 AM
    • 7,120 Posts
    • 49,619 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Tonight will be chilli as OH opted for LO pasta bake last night (i had super noodles with added sweetcorn...how bad is that!)

I also want to use up the curry and rice that's in the freezer this week so that will either be tomorrow or Thursday I think.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Mar 18, 10:16 AM
    • 20,191 Posts
    • 54,194 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Well, the pastitsio was OK but we decided we preferred moussaka or mince, aubergine & orzo for the same amount of 'faffing'.

Out all day visiting family so quick n easy garlic Kiev's, mash (home-made) and baked beans tonight.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 13th Mar 18, 10:33 AM
    • 1,814 Posts
    • 12,542 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I was going to make Singapore noodles for dinner, but think I will have it for lunch instead.

I need to go out and buy some peppers and frozen peas.
    2018: Simplify your life
    Books Read 24/60
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 13th Mar 18, 5:23 PM
    • 10,588 Posts
    • 115,995 Thanks
    LameWolf
    I've just shoved a HM pizza in the oven to cook.

I tend to make this when I need to make a loaf; I can do the pizza dough first, then put the bread on afterwards. Means the breadmaker gets 2 uses out of being hauled down from it's "home" atop the fridge/freezer.

Our standard topping, if anyone cares, is tomato puree, grated extra extra mature Cheddar, diced onion, chopped up Qu0rn bacon-style slices, sliced tomato and fresh pineapple chunks.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 13th Mar 18, 6:33 PM
    • 5,177 Posts
    • 38,637 Thanks
    joedenise
    Easy dinner tonight - LO roast pork, home made chips & beans.

Denise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,629Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin