Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,020Posts
    • 20,113Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 3
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 12th Jan 18, 10:01 AM
    • 2,621 Posts
    • 38,413 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Date Night tonight
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 12th Jan 18, 5:02 PM
    • 11,098 Posts
    • 29,645 Thanks
    suki1964
    Whatever takeaway we fancy

We are just heading out to an auction, unplanned so haven't had time to cook

Seen a few items I shall bid on, fingers crossed
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • MrsPear
    • By MrsPear 12th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 485 Thanks
    MrsPear
    Enjoy date night IslandMaid

Chilli - recipe was in hairy dieters book by the hairy bikers although I use only half the mince and one onion as it is too much otherwise - and rice here. Fruit for pudding and or yogurt.

Breakfast was porridge.
    Lunch was bread and cheese for me, the last of the chicken curry with bread and salad for husband and school dinners for the boys - usually fish on a Friday.
    Gc challenge 363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 12th Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    • 62,780 Posts
    • 367,849 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I made a beef stew, with a dumpling - and boiled spuds.
    Liked it so much ....I had a second lot (except the dumpling as I'd only made one and felt piggy enough already so it wasn't worth making a 2nd dumpling).

It'll be for tomorrow too as the final portion's in the fridge I'll make another dumpling to go with that tomorrow.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 12th Jan 18, 5:51 PM
    • 4,537 Posts
    • 42,939 Thanks
    Frith
    Tuna, tomato sauce and pasta
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 12th Jan 18, 7:20 PM
    • 20,182 Posts
    • 54,162 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Been out of the house since 7:30 this morning on a day out shopping with a good friend.
    Started with breakfast in our local 'spoons and had a lovely moussaka & salad for lunch, also in a 'spoons.
    This is not on the menu in our local or any of the others we've been in - it was really nice.
    • dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 12th Jan 18, 8:02 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 4,361 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    Best be getting back in our routines after the break! Can't believe it's already the 12th!

Chicken, hm oven chips and beans for an easy end of week tea.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 12th Jan 18, 8:04 PM
    • 7,102 Posts
    • 49,541 Thanks
    kerri gt
    just back from yoga so grilled the wild boar and apple sausages which are now warming with one of the jars of honey and mustard sauce. i'll have that with LO carrot and swede mash and there'll be two portions of sausages LO too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Viking_mfw
    • By Viking_mfw 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 524 Thanks
    Viking_mfw
    We got our tea free as we were at a friend's leaving do with buffet, although we topped up with chips on our way home. Nipped in to Aldi just before closing to pick up eggs and rocket for tomorrow night's brie and caramelized onion quiche, to use up a chunk of leftover Christmas cheese.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 12th Jan 18, 11:40 PM
    • 3,020 Posts
    • 20,113 Thanks
    JIL
    Seabass and actifry baby potatoes and garden peas.

Aldi trifle for afters
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Jan 18, 8:08 AM
    • 11,811 Posts
    • 164,019 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I shall be making broccoli cheese soup for our lunches for the next couple of days, I'll have mine with a piece of chicken and He Who Knows will have a sandwich with his. Supper this evening will be a repeat of last night as I cooked 2 x extra jacket potatoes and a nice chilli con carne and made a winter salad and have two more portions of everything ready to re-heat today. 99 calorie yoghurt for pudding for He Who Knows and a cup of black coffee to end with for us both.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • gt568
    • By gt568 13th Jan 18, 8:30 AM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 2,762 Thanks
    gt568
    Cheicken steaks grilled with a rub of some sort, and some kind of veg.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 13th Jan 18, 9:32 AM
    • 2,621 Posts
    • 38,413 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Ended up with a takeaway last night - hubby!!!8217;s treat

Tonight braised pork chops in a cider and cream sauce with LO spiced red cabbage from freezer stash, mash for the men, Cauliflower for me.

Also making stock from the turkey bones I popped in the freezer, turkey and sweet corn soup for weeks lunches

And will make some chocolate !!!8216;salami!!!8217; to take into work which will use up the LO chocolate, sweets and biscuits from Christmas
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 13th Jan 18, 10:03 AM
    • 241 Posts
    • 4,917 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We'll be having hm veg soup for lunch and tonight I'll be making Hairy Bikers Chicken Jalfrezi, which we'll have with pilau rice.

https://www.hairybikersdietclub.com/recipes-tips/recipes/hairy-bikers-chicken-jalfrezi/
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Jan 18, 10:22 AM
    • 20,182 Posts
    • 54,162 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Meeting friends day today so quick'n'easy.

Doing a YS pepperoni pizza that I'll pimp up with extra cheese and add mushrooms, onions, red pepper, herbs, chorizo and black olives.
    • MrsPear
    • By MrsPear 13th Jan 18, 10:41 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 485 Thanks
    MrsPear
    Been baking this morning - banana and chocolate chip muffins. Mary berry recipe although my lot prefer them without the extra chocolate on top.

Lunch will cheese and ham with part bake bread.

Dinner - eldest asked for Chinese. As money is tight it will be home made / cooked. So I!!!8217;m doing chicken in batter with sweet and sour sauce, egg fried rice - using leftovers from last night, vegetable spring rolls and crackers. The last two are cheats.
    Gc challenge 363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 13th Jan 18, 11:47 AM
    • 7,102 Posts
    • 49,541 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Had pans with OH to go out for a lunch / early dinner today but we're both quite happy mooching about the house instead so tonight I think is going to be fish n chips (from the freezer) i will have mine with peas and he will prob have beans.

If is known we weren't going out I would have prob got a few bits out of the freezer to batch cook something but never mind, might do that tomorrow. Thinking I'll use some of the diced beef I got RTC before Xmas to do S caserole, that way I can use the LO Xmas gravy and some cranberry sauce too (both also in the freezer)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    • By JIL 13th Jan 18, 8:08 PM
    • 3,020 Posts
    • 20,113 Thanks
    JIL
    Bit of a Mexican here, stuffed peppers, chicken fajitas, wraps, corn on the cob,onion rings, a few dips and some tortilla chips.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 13th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 3,872 Posts
    • 24,737 Thanks
    caronc
    Easy dinner of fishcake, roast spuds, kale and peas
    GC - Mar 104/150, Apr 164/200, May 96/120, Jun 175/230
    GC YTD 2018- 574/940
    • X Duvessa X
    • By X Duvessa X 13th Jan 18, 8:23 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    X Duvessa X
    Made chickpea and mince curry big batch so I've got 3 portions to put in the freezer I'm meant to be running down
    Jan GC 57.26/50
    Feb GC 17.06/60
    Jan - Mar WLC 6/11
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

8,329Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin