Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 2,962Posts
    • 19,893Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 24
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 10th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 31,767 Thanks
    maddiemay
    YS curry here tonight too, will cook some basmati to go with them, but out of other bits and bobs I think. I keep meaning to try and make some GF Roti or Naan, but not managed it yet
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 10th Feb 18, 9:36 AM
    • 20,020 Posts
    • 53,745 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I've just had a fried egg in a wholemeal bap for breakfast - delicious if a little naughty.
    Originally posted by Jazee
    I've had some granola for breakfast - with dark chocolate curls, nuts and cherries .
    First time I've tried it - I've never been a cereal person, I tend to have porridge - but it was cheap in a local shop.
    Quite enjoyed it.

Lunch will be pita bread stuffed with shredded lettuce and red cabbage, sliced cucumber, tomatoes & onion and wafer-thin chicken drizzled with Ancona hot pepper sauce.

Dinner will be home made corned beef hash with sliced tiger bread spread with 'proper' butter.
    • gt568
    • By gt568 10th Feb 18, 9:50 AM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 2,747 Thanks
    gt568
    Buffalo wings!
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 10th Feb 18, 10:11 AM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    Slow cooker beef noodles
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers 1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 10th Feb 18, 10:25 AM
    • 5,124 Posts
    • 38,258 Thanks
    joedenise
    Main meal at lunchtime today as DD2 and partner are coming today and don't want to be too late home. We're having roast gammon joint, roast potatoes, various roasted veggies, mashed swede, green beans & peas & gravy.

Probably just have some soup this evening.

Denise
    • flubberyzing
    • By flubberyzing 10th Feb 18, 1:36 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 6,597 Thanks
    flubberyzing
    A tuna and cheese panini, with coffee, from Costas for breakfast (turning into a bit of a weekly treat! I like to take a book and make an hour of it. I enjoy it so much, I figure it's worth the 6).
    I had 2 fried eggs on toast for lunch, despite not really being hungry... But I had some lovely fresh bread and eggs from Waitrose, and it seemed a shame not to crack on with eating them!
    That will probably be enough for me, as meals go. But there'll probably be snacking later on this eve.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 10th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 1,068 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Not sure I am allowed to copy the Gusto recipe but it was cooked Basa fish, boiled potatoes mashed together with olive oil and a few chopped spring onion. The spring greens were fried in butter with some white wine vinegar, a drop of water, put cooked fish cakes (in Panko) on top of greens, and some butter mayonnaise, (butter in fry pan, curry powder, put into little dish, add mayo, mix,) then pour over fish cakes, top with a little more spring onion. Hope this makes sense, I was not very good at making the fish cakes which is why I do not make as a rule and am not keen on spring greens either, but it all tasted very good, only ate half of pack of veg etc. and ate 2 of the fish cakes, other 2 in freezer. Look forward to the 2nd half in a few days.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 10th Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 7,040 Posts
    • 49,323 Thanks
    kerri gt
    No idea tonight, I have lots of fresh veg to is up so should cook some of those perhaps with some need casserole or fish fingers, OH already eaten and I'm not that interested in food today.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 10th Feb 18, 5:57 PM
    • 967 Posts
    • 12,651 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    Green lentil lasagne and salad.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • caronc
    • By caronc 10th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 24,303 Thanks
    caronc
    Gammon & pineapple, roasted onion & tomato, baked spud
    GC - Feb18 68/120, Mar 104/150, Apr 164/200, May 96/120
    GC YTD 2018- 487/710
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 10th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    • 2,822 Posts
    • 8,336 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    Jacket potato with beans, cheese and salad with a glass of white wine. Delicious.
    2 Savers Club 2018 no 1 - to fill up the pot
    Save 12k in 2018 no. 56 - Jan 2280/6,000
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 11th Feb 18, 7:58 AM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 51,919 Thanks
    Jazee
    Still trying to get the freezers down so roast pork, pigs in blankets (a lot of pork then), stuffing balls, roast potatoes and cauliflower cheese. Apple crumble and cream for pud. Most is Xmas stock.
    Savings 2018: 1478.11
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 11th Feb 18, 8:34 AM
    • 11,660 Posts
    • 162,211 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Lunch today will be home made minestrone soup with our usual accompaniments and supper this evening will be roast pork loin, new potatoes, steamed veg (PSB, fine beans, carrots) and gravy. Blackberry compote and plain skyr for pudding and a cup of black coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • caronc
    • By caronc 11th Feb 18, 9:04 AM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 24,303 Thanks
    caronc
    Roast beef & gravy (from the freezer), sprouts, green beans and potato & mushroom gratin.

Making a pot of rib sticking pea & ham soup for lunch.
    GC - Feb18 68/120, Mar 104/150, Apr 164/200, May 96/120
    GC YTD 2018- 487/710
    • creative gal
    • By creative gal 11th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 656 Thanks
    creative gal
    I ended up turning the gammon into a pasta as we had run out of chips, combining with chopped onion, garlic and red pepper and adding tinned tomatoes. We'll probably be having chicken kiev for tea tonight.
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 11th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 210 Posts
    • 1,068 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Hm soup for lunch (2 portions in freezer), I went out for lunch yesterday with daughter & family, had the children portion of ribs etc but was so large brought half home, so dinner tonight will be ribs, fresh carrots (from veg box) roast potatoes & parsnip (veg box) and some frozen kale (home frozen after buying huge bag and split).
    • gt568
    • By gt568 11th Feb 18, 11:04 AM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 2,747 Thanks
    gt568
    Going the roast beef route.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 11th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 336 Posts
    • 2,165 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Dinner last night was chicken and parma ham pasta.

Still got some parma ham left so tonight will be chicken breasts wrapped in parma ham, with crispy potatoes, green beans and mini broccoli.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2018 - 219.36 | Lose 1 stone - 0/14lbs |
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 11th Feb 18, 11:25 AM
    • 5,124 Posts
    • 38,258 Thanks
    joedenise
    Making a sausage & bacon cassoulet in the SC for dinner tonight. Lunch will be a Thai style butternut squash soup from the freezer.
    • Witless
    • By Witless 11th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    • 624 Posts
    • 3,063 Thanks
    Witless
    The current intention is to have an all in* curry on egg fried rice (the original intention was for a full Sunday roast dinner) followed by cheeseboard and industrial strength black coffee.

*literally 'all in' - chicken fillets, onions, leeks, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, and anything else lurking about
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,368Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin