Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,027Posts
    • 20,146Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 20
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 4th Feb 18, 8:30 PM
    • 7,106 Posts
    • 49,572 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Dinner ended up being beef casserole from the freezer and a giant Yorkshire pudding for me, OH had been picking and I made cheese on toast earlier so he wasn't hungry.

Stir fry bumped to tomorrow.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• tighteningthebelt
    • By tighteningthebelt 5th Feb 18, 7:08 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 1,030 Thanks
    tighteningthebelt
    Same as yesterday!!!
    With pineapple and plain yogurt for pud.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 5th Feb 18, 8:03 AM
    • 20,187 Posts
    • 54,174 Thanks
    Pollycat
    maddiemay - thanks for the recipe.

Tonight is a new-for-us recipe.
    Home made doner kebab from the Eat Well for Less programme.
    I spotted some harrissa pitta breads in Mr T's so thought they'd go really well.
    Might do a few home-made wedges to go with it.
    • C J
    • By C J 5th Feb 18, 8:14 AM
    • 1,029 Posts
    • 6,310 Thanks
    C J
    Leek, cheese and potato pastry-topped pie for us tonight. There was a re-run of the Mary Berry cookery programme last week in which she made this, and it reminded me how much we enjoyed it last time I cooked it.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 5th Feb 18, 9:33 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 4,934 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    For lunch today we'll be having a tortilla pizza. Tonight's dinner will be sweet and sour pork with rice.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 5th Feb 18, 12:34 PM
    • 5,176 Posts
    • 38,611 Thanks
    joedenise
    Easy dinner tonight - LO cold roast chicken; HM oven chips; beans; tomatoes; mushrooms.

Denise
    • SilverBird
    • By SilverBird 5th Feb 18, 1:23 PM
    • 248 Posts
    • 2,078 Thanks
    SilverBird
    Yesterday, had the remainder of the steak pie for lunch and then enjoyed an 'all day breakfast' for dinner, with fresh fruit for dessert.

Tonight we're having pizza served with fried bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes, and fresh fruit for dessert.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/Ratatouille
    GC: May 124.89/180 (713.23/2,160)
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 5th Feb 18, 2:57 PM
    • 2,629 Posts
    • 38,476 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Chill and nachos here tonight
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 5th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    • 11,811 Posts
    • 164,034 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I was lucky enough to find a lovely piece of Ox Cheek in the YS section of Mr.T this morning and it has been simmering away in a very slow oven with carrots, onions and celery all afternoon. I'll serve it with cauliflower cheese mash, green beans and sweetcorn and a few previously cooked but chucked in the casserole new potatoes. Cooked some home grown gooseberries from the freezer yesterday which I've turned into a crumble with a crushed digestive biscuit topping which will be pudding with some plain skyr.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • caronc
    • By caronc 5th Feb 18, 6:50 PM
    • 3,887 Posts
    • 24,799 Thanks
    caronc
    Liver& bacon, buttered cabbage and mash
    GC - Mar 104/150, Apr 164/200, May 96/120, Jun 206/230
    GC YTD 2018- 605/940
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 5th Feb 18, 9:27 PM
    • 2,832 Posts
    • 8,372 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    Salmon with salad
    Natural yoghurt with homemade rhubarb and strawberry pur!e

Had some dried fruit and strong flour out of date. So have also made a fresh loaf of 50/50 bread, a spicy fruit loaf and an !!!8216;all in one!!!8217; sherry fruitcake, which is just about to come out of the oven. The house does smell lovely at the moment.
    2 Savers Club 2018 no 1 - 500 +
    Save 12k in 2018 no. 56 - Jan 2280/6,000
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th Feb 18, 8:36 AM
    • 11,811 Posts
    • 164,034 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Lunch today will be the last two portions of butternut risotto made a couple of days ago and supper this evening will be bean burgers, sweet potato oven fries and a salad as I have all I need in to make these, pudding if we want it is gooseberry crumble.

Sadly butternut risotto was smelly when I got it from the fridge so has gone to feed the birds. Lunch will be the very last of the leek soup with cold meat.
    Last edited by MrsLurcherwalker; 06-02-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 6th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    • 20,187 Posts
    • 54,174 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Out all day today so easy dinner.
    Pimping up a 'American hot pizza' with extra cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers and pepperoni.
    And adding olives & herbs.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 6th Feb 18, 9:47 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 4,934 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Lunch today will be hm veg soup with cheese and crackers. Tonight's dinner will be aberdeen angus burgers in brioche buns with onion rings, hm spicy wedges, hm coleslaw and some salad.
    • tighteningthebelt
    • By tighteningthebelt 6th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 1,030 Thanks
    tighteningthebelt
    The last of the chicken with potato cakes and peas and gravy. Yogurt and kiwi for pud. It's a quickie as I'm a bit pressed for time tonight.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 6th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 1,814 Posts
    • 12,542 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Spaghetti and cherry tomato sauce for lunch with a side salad.

Leftover red lentil curry and rice for dinner tonight. I do fancy some mango chutney, but I want to have 3 NSDs this week so I will go without.
    2018: Simplify your life
    Books Read 24/60
    • SilverBird
    • By SilverBird 6th Feb 18, 11:05 AM
    • 248 Posts
    • 2,078 Thanks
    SilverBird
    Our meals for the next two days will be 'surprise pie' as we're setting off soon to look after DGD and DGS while DS and DiL are away to attend a farewell and so will be eating whatever they've left for us in the fridge/freezer.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/Ratatouille
    GC: May 124.89/180 (713.23/2,160)
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 6th Feb 18, 1:23 PM
    • 2,629 Posts
    • 38,476 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Kerelan Fish curry and HM flatbreads - Fish is free from fishing friends and flatbreads use up the half a pot of plain yoghurt sat in the fridge.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 6th Feb 18, 3:09 PM
    • 5,176 Posts
    • 38,611 Thanks
    joedenise
    Lunch today was the last of the 2 pea soup with bread. Dinner tonight will be a sausage pilaf with roasted vegetables - this is a new to me recipe so hope it's nice as it's fairly cheap to make.

Denise
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 6th Feb 18, 5:48 PM
    • 7,106 Posts
    • 49,572 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Fish fingers, sweet potato mash and beans for OH / kale for me.

Also grilling the other 4 mushroom and caramelised onion sausages while I have the grill on - will have 2 with lunch tomorrow and turn 2 into a mini casserole thing (will chop them to go further) to use up some stout I have LO and a portion of cranberry and port sauce from xmas in the freezer with some kind of casserole veg combo. That can go in the freezer then for a later date.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

7,835Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin