Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 9th Jan 18, 11:20 PM
    • 3,839Posts
    • 22,567Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner?
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:20 PM
    What are you making for dinner? 9th Jan 18 at 11:20 PM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 05-01-2019 at 6:41 PM.
Page 194
    • JIL
    • By JIL 14th Apr 19, 9:23 PM
    • 3,839 Posts
    • 22,567 Thanks
    JIL
    There were a couple of cold jacket potatoes left from Thursday, I seperated the skins from the potatoes and roasted them. The roast potatoes were delicious, like proper old style ones my granny used to make. We had chicken, stuffing, carrots, spring greens, peas and green beans with gravy.
    I made a rice pudding whilst the oven was on from a litre of milk I got from the m and s local for 10p.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Apr 19, 9:28 PM
    • 7,878 Posts
    • 53,189 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Tonight was breaded fish, a few sweet potato fries and petit pois.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• klew356
    • By klew356 15th Apr 19, 7:24 AM
    • 441 Posts
    • 2,288 Thanks
    klew356
    hoying a chicken in tonight, will cook a pie of some sorts, a chicken korma and and some sandwich stuff
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Apr 19, 8:14 AM
    • 6,109 Posts
    • 45,058 Thanks
    joedenise
    Making the most of the LO lamb roast today. Will be making a shepherds pie with half of it (4 portions) and a lamb & chickpea tagine with the other hope (at least 4 portions but hopefully 6!).

So that will be at least 2 meals but possibly 3 into the freezer for DH and myself!

Denise
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 15th Apr 19, 1:25 PM
    • 3,049 Posts
    • 42,029 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Fish encroute from freezer stash with salad and jacket potato for DH.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th Apr 19, 5:36 PM
    • 7,878 Posts
    • 53,189 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Just had fish fingers in a roll with some salad.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• stressedoutmumof1
    • By stressedoutmumof1 15th Apr 19, 5:52 PM
    • 1,431 Posts
    • 10,304 Thanks
    stressedoutmumof1
    Cajun Salmon, New Potatoes and Salad
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now )
    • klew356
    • By klew356 16th Apr 19, 7:24 AM
    • 441 Posts
    • 2,288 Thanks
    klew356
    chicken last night and kept it simple, baked pots, marrowfat peas, sweetcorn and lovely gravy
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 16th Apr 19, 7:40 AM
    • 6,109 Posts
    • 45,058 Thanks
    joedenise
    I'm making a new to me recipe from the BBC food website - fish pie with a filo pastry top. I'll adapt it a bit as haven't got any cream in the fridge so will use some quark instead. Won't be using white wine either but have some white wine stockpots so will use that instead.

It will definitely be less calories than the original recipe, LOL!

Denise
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 16th Apr 19, 8:27 AM
    • 7,878 Posts
    • 53,189 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Help! I have milk (semi-skimmed) I need to use up due to being away. Any suggestions welcome please.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• joedenise
    • By joedenise 16th Apr 19, 8:57 AM
    • 6,109 Posts
    • 45,058 Thanks
    joedenise
    Rice pudding; milky coffee. Could freeze it until you return.

Denise
    • C J
    • By C J 16th Apr 19, 9:48 AM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 7,164 Thanks
    C J
    I'm making these pink fishballs in spicy lentil gravy for tonight's supper :

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1576/pink-fishballs-in-spicy-lentil-gravy
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 16th Apr 19, 9:59 AM
    • 380 Posts
    • 2,580 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Celery soup in SC, will give portion to neighbour who is veggie and gives me hm curry etc so have ensured the soup is veggie. Am taking some sort of hm mince meal out of freezer for tonight as well as a small bowl of something Asian which said neighbour gave me yesterday. Have done inventory of utility room freezer as it needs replacing soon so am making big effort to get as much eaten as possible. Dgs will be here for a couple of days so a pkt of Icelan chicken & prawn paella can be eaten Wed evening, we will be doing lunch out so the frozen meal will be ample for us (he eats like a horse these days). Did make a lemon drizzle cake (minus drizzle) in couple of mugs, microwave puds, so will have a couple of portions left for either tomorrow or Thursday lunchtime treat.
    • goingforanewlife
    • By goingforanewlife 16th Apr 19, 10:46 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    goingforanewlife
    Trying to empty my freezer and feel the need for what I class as comfort food today so its white fish in parsley sauce, mashed potatoes, carrots and peas for dinner followed by rice pudding and raspberry jam.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 16th Apr 19, 1:10 PM
    • 3,049 Posts
    • 42,029 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Help! I have milk (semi-skimmed) I need to use up due to being away. Any suggestions welcome please.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    Milky drinks, custard, rice pud etc?

Were having good old bangers and mash tonight, its chilly and drizzling here, so perfect weather for it - BBQ weather prediction for long weekend though
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 16th Apr 19, 3:03 PM
    • 7,878 Posts
    • 53,189 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Trying to empty my freezer and feel the need for what I class as comfort food today so its white fish in parsley sauce, mashed potatoes, carrots and peas for dinner followed by rice pudding and raspberry jam.
    Originally posted by goingforanewlife
    Ohhhh, I have a fish in butter sauce in the freezer...I may well have that too....

Milky drinks, custard, rice pud etc?

We’re having good old bangers and mash tonight, it’s chilly and drizzling here, so perfect weather for it - BBQ weather prediction for long weekend though
    Originally posted by Islandmaid
    My second option is some sausages I bought YS today

There's quite a lot of milk - more than I could drink today - rice pudding is a good shout - might have to see what I can freeze it in and gradually use up.

Islandmaid does your impossible pie use cream or milk? I must try and find that recipe.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    • By JIL 16th Apr 19, 10:35 PM
    • 3,839 Posts
    • 22,567 Thanks
    JIL
    Is it impossible quiche?

I think it's an Australian recipe.
    https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/impossible-quiche-2/8244d479-b108-4b9c-9727-25e7041d8fd2

I'm away with work, takeaway nandos in a hotel room and a trifle from Morrison's for afterwards.
    • klew356
    • By klew356 17th Apr 19, 12:24 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 2,288 Thanks
    klew356
    Celery soup in SC,
    Originally posted by whmf00001
    my favourite soup, might have to make some over the easter weekend!
    • klew356
    • By klew356 17th Apr 19, 12:26 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 2,288 Thanks
    klew356
    Chicken korma tonight, not had in ages. Korma out of a jar LO roast chicken, boiled rice and mini poppadoms. LO for lunch and a sausage casserole going in tomorrow night to be served with mash and whatever veg is lurking
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 17th Apr 19, 1:53 PM
    • 5,105 Posts
    • 58,273 Thanks
    Jazee
    Beef and ale casserole here, in the slow cooker now, with mash and cheesy dumplings.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 Apr 120.62 Total 2019 - 1344.19/5k
    Keep Moving Challenge - walked 218 miles
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,486Posts Today

7,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin