Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,199Posts
    • 20,690Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 113
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Aug 18, 9:19 AM
    • 12,700 Posts
    • 175,800 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I've just made broccoli cheese soup for lunches for the next couple of days and supper tonight will be pan fried salmon with new potatoes, peas, sweetcorn and any green beans I find to pick in the polytunnel. Blueberry compote with ice cream from some frozen blueberries that need using and our usual coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 13th Aug 18, 1:35 PM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 41,267 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Cottage pie for the men here, LO Chicken and Chorizo bake for me - have made an extra Cottage pie for the freezer, quick meal for another night
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • C J
    • By C J 13th Aug 18, 2:50 PM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 6,732 Thanks
    C J
    Any good fish cookbooks recommendations that do not include the words stein or rick greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by Mr_Singleton

I like Galton Blackiston's "Hook Line Sinker".
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 13th Aug 18, 6:30 PM
    • 7,477 Posts
    • 51,355 Thanks
    kerri gt
    finally made the Balinese curry (jar of) with peppers, baby corn and sugar snap peas (so OH could have some as he's veggie) with rice.
    Was highly disappointed, it was marketed with three chillies as hot - it wasn't, and it was bland. I did have to add a little water to make the liquid go further to cook the veg but not that much. Certainly won't be buying that again and the remainder might get thrown into a casserole (the bin would be better but I'm not wasting good food)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 14th Aug 18, 7:57 AM
    • 12,700 Posts
    • 175,800 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Broccoli cheese soup for lunch with cold chicken for me and a scotch egg for He Who Knows and supper this evening will be a cheesy courgette and rice bake something like a Tian from Provence served with a crisp mixed salad, fruit compote for pud and coffee after that.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Wicked Lady
    • By Wicked Lady 14th Aug 18, 8:33 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 1,871 Thanks
    Wicked Lady
    Five of us to feed tonight and it will be lasagne, salad and garlic bread (garlic bread is one of DH's specialities) followed by a salted caramel cheesecake that I made yesterday and just need to drizzle the sauce over today.
    • klew356
    • By klew356 14th Aug 18, 9:36 AM
    • 327 Posts
    • 1,877 Thanks
    klew356
    Dilemma dilemmas, had a big bacon and sausage roll from the bakers for breakfast, im still full now, totally unnecessary but was nice all the same, wont want much for lunch at all, and because I donít have the dog to sort today a colleague has suggested we lunch together, this would be fine if she didnít eat like a wild animal and secondly if I was even slightly hungry. I donít want to sit through it hahah so may suggest I am busy hehe
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 14th Aug 18, 2:07 PM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 41,267 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Roasted cauliflower and pepper coconut curry with HM flatbreads and brown rice for those who want
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 14th Aug 18, 2:27 PM
    • 957 Posts
    • 1,870 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    Chicken FricassŤe from Recipes From an Italian Butcher pg.210

Was O.K.... not sure if Id do it again though. Used 2 egg yokes to thicken which added a nice creaminess and the juice of a lemon. Would cut that down to 1/2 if I did do again.

Thanks for the heads-up C J will check it out
    Last edited by Mr_Singleton; 14-08-2018 at 5:42 PM.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 14th Aug 18, 2:47 PM
    • 4,741 Posts
    • 55,130 Thanks
    Jazee
    Home made leek and potato soup for me (have been to the dentist).. DH will have pie or takeaway. Bet I can guess which!
    Savings 2018: £798.91
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 14th Aug 18, 3:49 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    Last night: Chicken fajitas with sweet potato fries.

Tonight: Chicken and prawn Paella.
    Credit Card 1: £0.00 (0%) | Credit Card 2: £1,259.98 (0%) | Credit Card 3: £227.49 (0%) Car Finance: £6,180 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £109,839 (2.79% APR) | Emergency Fund: £341/£1000
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 14th Aug 18, 6:48 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 2,056 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Using up leftovers here tonight, so I've got a tiny portion of bolgnese sauce, half a can of black beans and some spinach that's starting to look a bit sorry for itself. I'm thinking I'll probably just heat all that up together and have it with some pasta.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 15th Aug 18, 1:42 AM
    • 3,199 Posts
    • 20,690 Thanks
    JIL
    On my own so took the dog for a long walk, thought I would treat myself to a small fish and chips from the local. When I got there I found out it's gone out of business, three weeks ago. So I came home and made a pasta bake with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella. Eaten in front of the TV. Enough left for lunch tomorrow.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 15th Aug 18, 4:24 AM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 41,267 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Hunters chicken breast here, at DH's request, his with new pots, both with salad
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th Aug 18, 8:23 AM
    • 7,477 Posts
    • 51,355 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Some kind of fish (basa or scampi) and veg tonight I think. Might get some mash out the freezer.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• klew356
    • By klew356 15th Aug 18, 9:02 AM
    • 327 Posts
    • 1,877 Thanks
    klew356
    I have got the last of the chicken to use up from roasting, what to do, what to do, egg and bread of some sort for lunch time
    • Wicked Lady
    • By Wicked Lady 15th Aug 18, 10:09 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 1,871 Thanks
    Wicked Lady
    I've salad stuff left over from yesterday so will add a jacket potato, remains of the coleslaw, a couple of hard boiled eggs and maybe a small tin of tuna to eat for dinner.

Still have almost half of a yummy h/m cheesecake and double cream to polish off too!
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 15th Aug 18, 5:34 PM
    • 957 Posts
    • 1,870 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    Making kebab-el-alb from North African Cookery by Arto Der Haroutunian pg.123

It is basically cubed heart... Am using lambs as that is what I have but recipe is for Ox heart. You marinaded it overnight in paprika, cumin and chilli. Will cook over a griddle rather than a barbecue and serve with rice & salad. Looking tasty!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th Aug 18, 7:14 PM
    • 7,477 Posts
    • 51,355 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Some kind of fish (basa or scampi) and veg tonight I think. Might get some mash out the freezer.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    Indeed I did get some root veg mash out the freezer, with scampi and green beans n broccoli - all from the freezer too. No doubt Chris and Greg would be aghast and having me bread my own scampi or something.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 16th Aug 18, 7:53 AM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 41,267 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Lamb Bugers with Halloumi fries for me, and chips for DH salad for both
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

173Posts Today

1,679Users online

Martin's Twitter