PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• *iluvmymini*
    *iluvmymini* Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had Linda McCartney veggie sausages, mash and broccoli with oodles of onion gravy.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Dinner tonight will be hm pasties, peas and chips.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Making a trout traybake with a mock hollandaise sauce - it's a new recipe for me so hope it's nice, lol.
    Denise
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We'll be finishing up the last of the spicy lamb stew from last night, with some couscous. It was really lovely.

I also have a bit of leftover roast beef to use up so will probably turn that into a beef, red pepper, mushroom and spring onion stir fry thing in a hoisin sauce for tomorrow's dinner.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh dear suki, I know what you mean but that is when I love my SC, just tip it in even if only some water, switch on low and forget for hours. At least when its done you can have sarnies or even just pick at it. If you feel a bit more like then can add frozen or tinned veg.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Salmon with herby mayo topping, sliced fried potatoes and whatever veg is in the fridge.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LO Spicy Lamb Hotpot here, with savoy and carrots
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    whmf00001 wrote: »
    Oh dear suki, I know what you mean but that is when I love my SC, just tip it in even if only some water, switch on low and forget for hours. At least when its done you can have sarnies or even just pick at it. If you feel a bit more like then can add frozen or tinned veg.

Even thats not inspiring me at the moment

Thing is mum isn't well and she's picking

Now I know she's not well and Im trying hard to pass no remark or judgement but at the same time I want to slap her one

When her husband started going downhill he became impossible to cater for. Seriously he would sit at the table and if he didn't like the food he will just open his mouth and let it fall out - mum has started to do the same. Also no matter what, she will always find the tiniest bit of fat, the one fish bone Ive missed, the bit of turnip thats not melt in the mouth

The only food she's tucking into with gusto is chips, fried food, crap, which whilst I also would love chips with everything, I cant be serving that up daily

She's also stuffing herself with chocolates and cakes whilst not eating what she should be

So I always having to be mindful to cook what she may like, which isn't what I would like.

It all sounds silly but its stressful
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Oh suki1964 it does sound a difficult situation and I admire anyone who cares for anyone else, young or old, it's tough. Are you able to batch cook some meals for yourself so they only need heating up while you make something for your mum? I know it's not ideal but it's a Plan B. Will she give you any input into what she'd like to eat...except chips. It's awful when you're not well as nothing tastes right and most of what you end up fancying is crap - perhaps that's why she's favouring it? Or is it perhaps easy texture? (Except crisps)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Oh suki1964 it does sound a difficult situation and I admire anyone who cares for anyone else, young or old, it's tough. Are you able to batch cook some meals for yourself so they only need heating up while you make something for your mum? I know it's not ideal but it's a Plan B. Will she give you any input into what she'd like to eat...except chips. It's awful when you're not well as nothing tastes right and most of what you end up fancying is crap - perhaps that's why she's favouring it? Or is it perhaps easy texture? (Except crisps)

I think it's just something that happens as they get older, step dad was really bad, only ate sweet stuff which aided his demise - diabetic

Anyhow the roast chicken is still in the fridge, she got discharged from hospital this evening and so that was a two hour round trip to collect her, so we had pork burgers in baps and salad, and she's scoffed the lot and nearly licked the plate, after saying all she could manage was soup lolololol

I'm not cooking two meals. I work as well and some days I'm on my knees when I get home. So I'll just keep muddling along best I can and not take it to heart when she picks around the plate but spends the day eating cake and chocolate

I'm just having a bad day, fingers crossed tomorrow I'll be brighter

Thanks for listening xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport