Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 3,288Posts
    • 20,995Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 111
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 7th Aug 18, 4:56 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 2,118 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Butternut squash falafels with salad and a yoghurt and mint dressing.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 7th Aug 18, 5:01 PM
    • 12,864 Posts
    • 177,745 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    DB I'm coming to yours...set another place Yum, yum ,yum, yum, YUM!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 7th Aug 18, 5:09 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 2,118 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    You can have my daughter's share, Mrs LW, the ungrateful wretch doesn't seem to like anything I cook these days!
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 7th Aug 18, 6:06 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 1,887 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    Have friends for supper so doing something a little bit different.

Pan-fried Dover Sole with Ceps from Classic Koffmann 50 years a chef (pg 184 if anyone is interested) with a lemon sorbet for desert. Will be eating outside!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 7th Aug 18, 6:50 PM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 41,533 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Have friends for supper so doing something a little bit different.

Pan-fried Dover Sole with Ceps from Classic Koffmann 50 years a chef (pg 184 if anyone is interested) with a lemon sorbet for desert. Will be eating outside!
    Originally posted by Mr_Singleton
    I had to look it up, Dover Sole is such a delicate fish, I thought Cep would overwhelm it - interesting ...
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 8th Aug 18, 7:35 AM
    • 12,864 Posts
    • 177,745 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Soup for lunch and freezer emptying goes on so some fish of some kind with sweet potato chips, peas and sweetcorn for supper and then for a treat NO blackberries, just a cup of coffee!

Not soup for lunch I've unearthed a couple of tine one of lentil dahl and one of vegetable Balti that need using so we'll have them and a tin of peaches in juice to follow, all just slightly out of date but still good!
    Last edited by MrsLurcherwalker; 08-08-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 8th Aug 18, 11:14 AM
    • 1,109 Posts
    • 9,384 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    There was loads more meat than I expected on the lamb steaks that I braised a couple of days ago, so thought I would shred some of it, mush-up the veg, mix them together for a sort of moussaka type mix. Iíll just pop to the s/m for an aubergine and Iím set to go.
    NSD's from 13/11/18 = 8
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 8th Aug 18, 5:29 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 1,887 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    I had to look it up, Dover Sole is such a delicate fish, I thought Cep would overwhelm it - interesting ...
    Originally posted by Islandmaid
    It was delicious and all the plates came back empty. A great evening all round.

Was going to do a fish pie tonight with extra for the freezer. Truth be told didnít fancy it. Will be dicing the cod into chunks and deep frying in batter with maybe a few chips if I can be bothered.

Will use the other bits of seafood tomorrow for a seafood linguine as Iím working late(ish)
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 8th Aug 18, 6:04 PM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 41,533 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    I absolutely CBA tonight - Dukka coated Halloumi fries with HM burger and salad, in a bun for DH
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 8th Aug 18, 6:25 PM
    • 7,614 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Teriyaki and ginger stir fry here - noodles from the freezer, sauce in the fridge and stir fry veg bought at the weekend. Quick and easy.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 8th Aug 18, 7:02 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 2,118 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Griddled tofu steaks (marinated in tamari, garlic and chilli flakes), bombay potatoes and spinach.
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 9th Aug 18, 6:53 AM
    • 888 Posts
    • 5,346 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    I made tomato and red pepper soup yesterday with some over ripe home grown tomatoes from the greenhouse (they're not keeping this year) so that with some cold meat will be lunch.

Supper will be another of Hugh FW's recipes from the 3 good things book in the form of garlicky white bean puree, black olive and mozzarella pizzas with a leaf salad, I can't face another blackberry so pudding will be ice cream and blueberries with digestive biscuit crumbs scattered over and then our usual coffee.
    Originally posted by MrsLurcherwalker
    That all sounds really lovely! Love HFW

I've got some vegetables left over from last night, might also defrost the last of the quorn chilli for OH - might even treat him and buy some basmati rice!
    Nov GC £80.34/£200
    NSD target: Nov 1/15
    Bring Your Lunch to Work Target Nov 1/15
    £1 a day: Nov £44.75/£45
    Tesco CC Aug 18 £10,151.56 £9950.56 0% 30mnths, First Direct CC Aug 18 £4321.80 £3968.77 0% til Feb 20
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Aug 18, 8:21 AM
    • 12,864 Posts
    • 177,745 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Soup, beautiful soup for lunch and it's cool enough today that warm soup won't be the penance it has been!

Supper this evening will be a couple more of the tins of curry from my larder along with basmati rice, chutney, plain yoghurt and some fresh bits and pieces, followed by tinned peaches in juice and a cup of coffee.

The bean based pizza was yummy and most definitely one to have again!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 9th Aug 18, 9:04 AM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 41,533 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    We are taking our eldest DS out for a curry tonight, haven't seen him since he split with long term GF, so exited to catch up on gossip.

Brunch will be a cheese omelette for me
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 9th Aug 18, 10:13 AM
    • 7,614 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Scampi and chips here tonight (OH choice) pondering between using the remaining few chips that are left in the freezer or making my own with some lingering spuds in the veg draw.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 9th Aug 18, 10:49 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 2,118 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Courgettes stuffed with quorn bolognese. I'll have them with a salad, the others will have rice or chips with theirs.
    • Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 9th Aug 18, 1:14 PM
    • 1,109 Posts
    • 9,384 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    Iíve defrosted a portion of last weeks tomato risotto and will have a go at making taleggio and basil stuffed arancini, never made this before so fingers crossed it all holds together.
    NSD's from 13/11/18 = 8
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 9th Aug 18, 2:51 PM
    • 1,507 Posts
    • 8,037 Thanks
    MandM90
    Green beans (from the garden), homemade vegan chilli, rice. Simples. Will portion and freeze some for lunches for when we get home from hols on the 20th to save spending £££ on a sandwich at work
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 10th Aug 18, 7:43 AM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 41,533 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Our meal last night was delicious, really hit the spot

Tonight a chicken and chorizo traybake, with HM bread for DH - easy, simple tasty x
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 10th Aug 18, 8:08 AM
    • 7,614 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    kerri gt
    OH has requested fish again so I will need to rustle it up with something.
    JAN NSD 11/16

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

558Posts Today

4,149Users online

Martin's Twitter