Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 9th Jan 18, 9:40 PM
    • 3,013Posts
    • 495Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    If there's a bag over the pay machine?
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:40 PM
    If there's a bag over the pay machine? 9th Jan 18 at 9:40 PM
    So if there's a bag over the pay machine what are you expected to do regards payment?

This happened a couple weeks before Xmas & as i was reading the board there was no information on the lines of if the machine is out of action, bagged up etc go to a nearby car park or call this number etc. Nothing to that effect.

Others started piling in & everyone was at a bit of a loss as to what we were 'supposed' to do.

So about 6 car lots of people by this point we all decided (rightly or wrongly) since there was nothing that said we had to pay if the machine has a bag over it (for the funnies of the forum i mean a proper out of order type bag, not a Sainsbury's bag for life!) we decided to just not pay.

Never did get a ticket but that's not to say it wasn't checked.

So just wondered for future reference.

I should add that i know of someone who got a ticket from one car park in the area yet parked in another car park & they got fined as though they had no ticket.

Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 7,712 Posts
    • 7,451 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    There is no definitive answer to your question.

This is an unregulated industry where the participants make up the rules as they go.

Clearly if there is no means to pay then you cannot pay, but in many cases that won't stop the PPC and their debt collector colleagues trying to extract money from you.
    Sadly, many will pay up when faced with such pressure.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 9th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    • 8,637 Posts
    • 8,981 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    Was this a council or private car park and if private, which company.

Generally, if it is legit/council under post-91 Act regulation, it is your duty to seek out the next available machine but if its private, who cares - the PPC don't!
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Jan 18, 11:15 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:15 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:15 PM
    you take the bag and either place it over the traffic wardens head , and spin him around , or use it to cover your rear number plate if ANPR is used

my best answer for a very open question , with a million answers
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 58,522 Posts
    • 72,020 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    The number of times a bag has covered the numberplate of my friends & colleagues' cars as they leave a car park is astonishing, bad luck, must be!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Jan 18, 11:43 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:43 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:43 PM
    The number of times a bag has covered the numberplate of my friends & colleagues' cars as they leave a car park is astonishing, bad luck, must be!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/picture-of-week-aldi-release-new.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,112Posts Today

6,775Users online

Martin's Twitter