Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Crabmeister
    • By Crabmeister 9th Jan 18, 9:29 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Crabmeister
    ParkingEye the range Dorchester: asking for help in anticipation of a ticket
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:29 PM
    ParkingEye the range Dorchester: asking for help in anticipation of a ticket 9th Jan 18 at 9:29 PM
    Hi there. This is my 1st forum post.
    I've been researching ParkingEye a bit as I'm expecting to receive a ticket soon due to what I suspect is an ANPR infringement by the driver of my car and I want to be prepared. I stumbled across this forum and I hope that I can use some of the suggested arguments to appeal against the parking ticket when it arrives.

BACKGROUND.
    Last Saturday my car was parked on the range car park in Dorchester just next to the train station.
    The car was parked over the 2 hour permitted limit and probably towards 2 hours 30 mins. Although 'the driver' did pop into the range to enquire about whether they stocked an item, they did not buy anything there and subsequently made use of the free parking while they went into Dorchester.
    Upon entering the car park 'the driver' read the signage and understood that they had a 2hr limit. At this point they had not seen any mention of ANPR so assumed that it was a patrolled car park. The charge for exceeding 2hrs is clearly stated as 100

I just want to share my case with anyone who might be able to help me build a case against ParkingEye ; I've read some of the posts regarding signage, contract with landowner, Grace period.
    Are there any specific posts / cases that you can point me towards that will relate to my incident?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Crabmeister; 09-01-2018 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Privacy
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,185 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a thread till after reading up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Go there now and spend time aquainting yourself with how this pans out

If you get a pcn then follow the appeal advice

Throughout you are advised never to reveal the driver

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving

If you have inadvertently used your real name either in your post (in which case edit it out) or as your forum name then ask MSE to change it to something truly anonymous

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-01-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

625Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter