Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Elektra555
    • By Elektra555 9th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Elektra555
    Employer won't auto enrol our pensions
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    Employer won't auto enrol our pensions 9th Jan 18 at 9:09 PM
    Hi,
    Our employer won't enrol us into the government pension scheme. We have had meetings on it and we have asked repeatedly and they always say they will soon. We've been working there since December 2016 so we're unsure when soon will be.... When do they have to enrol us by and do they back pay the amount owed over the past year? Also if a staff member leaves would they be able to receive the pension back pay if they also pay into it.
    Many thanks for any help.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Jan 18, 9:47 PM
    • 93,038 Posts
    • 60,430 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:47 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:47 PM
    Our employer won't enrol us into the government pension scheme.
    Auto enrolment is not a government pension. It is a set of rules.

When do they have to enrol us by
    Virtually all companies have hit their staging date now. It is really only new companies that are not.

You can find out when your company is meant to offer it by completing the questions at this website: http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/employers/staging-date.aspx

Then let us know the date and we can tell you what to do next.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 9th Jan 18, 11:49 PM
    • 25,589 Posts
    • 15,117 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:49 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:49 PM
    Find your staging date as above.

Then see
    https://www.gov.uk/workplace-pensions/what-you-your-employer-and-the-government-pay
    • Elektra555
    • By Elektra555 10th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Elektra555
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    Hiya,

Thank you for taking the time to give advise. Unfortunately as we are not the employers we can't fill out the form as we don't have the paye reference. I don't know if there's.any other way to find out.

Virtually all companies have hit their staging date now. It is really only new companies that are not.

You can find out when your company is meant to offer it by completing the questions at this :

Then let us know the date and we can tell you what to do next.[/QUOTE]
    • Elektra555
    • By Elektra555 10th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Elektra555
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    I'm so sorry for hitting the angry face on the touch screen, I didn't realise I had! I'm really thankful for the help
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 10th Jan 18, 9:30 PM
    • 2,648 Posts
    • 1,268 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:30 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:30 PM
    As you say you've been working there since December 2016 you can get PAYE reference off your 2016:17 P60.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 10th Jan 18, 9:31 PM
    • 58,964 Posts
    • 52,284 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:31 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:31 PM
    Unfortunately as we are not the employers we can't fill out the form as we don't have the paye reference. I don't know if there's.any other way to find out.
    Originally posted by Elektra555
    This information may be on your payslip. At the very least it's a requirement on your annual P60.

Alternatively ask your payroll department. There's no reason for them to suspect anything as this something an employee should know. As would be required to file a self assessment return for example..
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    • 93,038 Posts
    • 60,430 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    The information is usually on your P60 and many payslips have it. The PAYE code is the key bit.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Elektra555
    • By Elektra555 15th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Elektra555
    • 15th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    Thank you
    • 15th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    That's a great point, I will dig out the p60 and look. Thank you so much to everyone who has replied, It's truly appreciated
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Jan 18, 10:00 AM
    • 18,807 Posts
    • 12,992 Thanks
    molerat
    Also found on your on line tax account.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter