Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PaulKenny
    • By PaulKenny 9th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PaulKenny
    Scottish parking fine ingnored but now BW Legal letter
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    Scottish parking fine ingnored but now BW Legal letter 9th Jan 18 at 7:35 PM
    Hi all, i have read the Newbie section but im a little stuck...

i got a parking fine a while ago which i stupidly ignored because i knew if it wasnt a council one technically i didnt have to pay for it?
    Now i have a letter from BW Legal asking for 160.

with reading the Newbie section one part says to ignore any fines but im wondering if this changes stuff and i should then use one of the templates and letter them back ?

I also got a parking change via my work which it took them weeks to pass onto me too, should i just tell them to ignore it and not confirm who the driver was ?

Sorry to ask for two different parking notices

Thanks,

Paul
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Jan 18, 7:39 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:39 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:39 PM
    stupidy ignore is acceptable in scotland

quite often people kick off/ appeal and inavertantly say "I did this" etc

there is no POFa in scotland , therefore they need proof of the driver , if you dont tell em , I wont!

DRP are hoping you will fall for the same trick

homour and forget them

the works one is slightly different , company car? await others reply on that one , as I an south of your border and unsure (100%)
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jan 18, 7:42 PM
    • 18,376 Posts
    • 23,281 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:42 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:42 PM
    the BW LEGAL letter is probably a DRP letter on pimped out notepaper, the 160 demand gives it away (so I doubt that BW LEGAL have even seen it)

in any case, there is no KEEPER liability in Scotland so as keeper you can and should ignore these demands

if you received a court letter from your Sheriff , then you would respond , same as we would to an MCOL in england and wales

the advice on ignoring debt collectors is true for all of the UK , so there is nothing "stupidly" that you did at all
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • PaulKenny
    • By PaulKenny 9th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaulKenny
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply ' Pappa Golf'... ill ignore anything from now on from these Tw@s

Unfortunately it was a works van and i appealed it saying i wasnt past on the information from my company quick enough to pay but i didnt technically say i was driving ? not sure if this counts or if i have put my foot in it ? I havent heard back right enough.

Again thanks for the prompt reply 'Redx" funnily enough neither do it cause i have a BW Legal letter for 160 and a VCS letter for 60 in the same envelope. As above i will ingore anything from anyone unless i get real court stuff and not VCS, Parking eye or BW Legal etc.

Thanks alot !!!55357;!!!56397;
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    the works van incident , where they contacted your company , who wasd the parking co?

ps: your company should have said you were the KEEPER , not the driver , check paperwork they sent off
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 7,571 Posts
    • 10,085 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    As said, it's probably DRP using pimped out
    letterheads.

DRP in England and Wales send out so much
    rubbish, they lie, they threaten, they are idiots.

So, could you scan the letter and then redact all
    personal info and then upload it to free site like tinypic.
    Paste the URL here using hxxp instead of http
    and we will make it go live.
    If it's like down south, you might have a good case
    for Trading Standards Scotland to investigate
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 18,376 Posts
    • 23,281 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    Again thanks for the prompt reply 'Redx" funnily enough neither do it

cause i have a BW Legal letter for 160 and a VCS letter for 60 in the same envelope.
    Originally posted by PaulKenny
    BW LEGAL are the solicitors acting for VCS so it seems there was a VCS parking charge and BW LEGAL are tasked with trying to get you to pay it and added their 60 onto it

as only the driver can be held liable in scotland then as long as they dont know who was driving they will find it difficult to take this to Sheriffs Court , something we rarely see unless a driver id definitely known

the statute for Scotland is 5 years (6 years in england and wales)

I wouldnt worry about it yet and see what transpires apart from demands for money from people acting as debt collectors for the parking company

if BW LEGAL wish to take it further they would have to follow the scottish small claims court system via the Sheriffs , however that works

so until you get papers following said legal system, you can ignore them same as you would a Nigerian bank account sc@m
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • PaulKenny
    • By PaulKenny 9th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaulKenny
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    Hopefully this works for you ?
    [IMG]hxxp://i68.tinypic.com/2vdikhf.png[/IMG]

Its only a picture which is badly edited as i work away from home and have no access to a scanner etc, hope its eligible ?

The parking change notice for my works van was from " Smart Parking " My company hasn't actually contacted them, they only just forwarded on the letter to me and i actually appealed it saying they hadn't given me time but like i said.. i didn't actually say i was driving it.

again thanks so much for the replies guys.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 9th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    http://i68.tinypic.com/2vdikhf.png
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    • 7,571 Posts
    • 10,085 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Take this as a debt collector letter phishing

It is very tame compared with the threats they
    do south of the border.

The most important point is NEVER NAME THE DRIVER

It will be interesting to see if BWLegal continue
    to a sheriff's court if they do not know who the driver
    was ?
    South of the border they are making a hash in court

READ WHAT HAPPENS SOUTH OF THE BORDER
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5672664&highlight=bwlegal

General advice is to wait and if you get court papers
    come back here
    Last edited by beamerguy; 09-01-2018 at 11:14 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,038Posts Today

7,589Users online

Martin's Twitter