Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • volta84
    • By volta84 9th Jan 18, 7:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    volta84
    Fredrickson International owe me money for over payment
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:34 PM
    Fredrickson International owe me money for over payment 9th Jan 18 at 7:34 PM
    Hello,

I was overpaid 700 in tax credits 4 years ago.

Fredrickson International claimed it back and we agreed 30 per month until it was paid off.

Long story short they have still taken money out my account 10 months over the final payment date!

I have rang them, and they said I should have cancelled the payment with my bank when it was paid, but they never said this and it mentions nothing about this on the letter from them. They will not give me my 300+ back!!

How can I claim this back from them?
Page 1
    • Ames
    • By Ames 9th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 17,292 Posts
    • 30,463 Thanks
    Ames
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    You'll get better advice if you post this on the debt free wannabe forum - they know all about debt collection agencies.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • venison
    • By venison 9th Jan 18, 10:25 PM
    • 2,167 Posts
    • 2,310 Thanks
    venison
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:25 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:25 PM
    Moved as above to DFW's
    Ex Board Guide
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    • 14,336 Posts
    • 13,533 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    Hi,

Send a written complaint to fredrickson, spell out what has happened.

Ask for the money to be repaid.

They have 8 weeks in which to respond to you.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 10-01-2018 at 5:30 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
  • National Debtline
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:50 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:50 AM
    Hi volta84

Welcome to the forum. A complaint to Frederickson International is certainly your starting point, but you may find the FOS won't investigate this as it is not a credit debt.

You can raise a complaint with Tax Credits directly, as the debt was being collected on their behalf. You can find their complaints procedure here https://www.gov.uk/tax-credits-appeals-complaints/complaints. It's a good idea to get your local MP involved as this is a government department, you can email them here www.writetothem.com. Good luck with it all.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

3,408Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin