Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TheManMountain
    • By TheManMountain 9th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TheManMountain
    Proof of purchase for warranty help
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    Proof of purchase for warranty help 9th Jan 18 at 5:58 PM
    Hi folks,

I bought a Motorola Moto Z phone on the 13-Jan-2017 from Carphone Warehouse. In mid-December the battery started to go faulty and I noticed on their website they only cover batteries for 6 months.

I have a look at Motorola's website and found this (edit: I can't post links, but it links to Motorola's warranty document which confirms 12 month warranty on internal batteries).

This link is also referenced in the manual for my phone.

I sent the phone off to their repair centre with print outs of the e-mails from my order with CW as proof of purchase.

They got back in touch saying they want me to pay for the phone because it is out of warranty (we're still currently in the 12 month period, which they have agreed is 12 months and not 6) and wanted proof of purchase, so I resent all the e-mails as well as the transaction on my bank statement showing the purchase.

This is apparently STILL not enough, I haven't had a working phone in about a month and it's getting ridiculous now - I am waiting to hear back from both CW and Motorola over the situation, I feel like I have provided more than enough evidence (not only the bank statement, but also confirmation e-mail, e-mail confirming the phone being dispatched, e-mail confirming the phone was delivered, etc). Naturally the card number, amount and date matches between the bank and e-mails too.

Can someone provide me with any links/documents I can send to Motorola to point out that they should be fixing my phone under warranty because this is getting beyond ridiculous and I want my phone back.

Thanks in advance
    Jay
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 10th Jan 18, 9:16 AM
    • 20,343 Posts
    • 16,117 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:16 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:16 AM
    To take up a manufacturer warranty you have to abide by their rules, and if they have specific requirements for proof of purchase that's what you have to supply. You haven't said what it is that Motorola want to see that you haven't yet been able to provide.
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 10th Jan 18, 10:44 AM
    • 6,493 Posts
    • 6,380 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:44 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:44 AM
    I sent the phone off to their repair centre with print outs of the e-mails from my order with CW as proof of purchase.
    Originally posted by TheManMountain
    I assume you mean Motorola's repair centre (and not CWs).

CW's website suggests that if you go to a store, they will help find receipts for online purchases for you:
    https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c%7B6162eb30-54a3-11e0-4ca8-f20203001e3d%7D

Hopefully Motorola will then accept the receipt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

1,884Users online

Martin's Twitter