Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DennisTenus
    • By DennisTenus 9th Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    • 158Posts
    • 14Thanks
    DennisTenus
    Portfolio Fund Assistance
    • #1
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    Portfolio Fund Assistance 9th Jan 18 at 5:07 PM
    Hi all,

    I need some portfolio fund assistance please. I have 45K cash in IWeb left to buy funds with to form my portfolio with my existing holdings as follows:

    10K Fundsmith
    10K VLS80
    5K Legg Mason IF Japan

    I'm trying to not split it between that many funds to keep costs to the absolute minimum.

    I've had suggestions before of types of things I need to look at to diversify and spread risk but I really need actual fund name suggestions as I'm no expert!

    I'd like a split of active/passive ideally too and i'm in this for the medium to long term (all being well!)

    Thanks in advance.
Page 3
    • sixpence.
    • By sixpence. 12th Jan 18, 3:27 AM
    • 138 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    sixpence.
    Also can anyone point out to me where I can see P/E ratings for funds on trust.net? I can't find it... sorry for being slow
    • DennisTenus
    • By DennisTenus 12th Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    DennisTenus
    That's the one, yes
    Originally posted by chrisgg
    Thanks

    My plan/approach is to have tracker funds (including a VLS 60) make up about 85% of my portfolio. The VLS will make up about 73%/85%. I've left the rest to research and play with (15% in other equity funds the VLS doesn't cover like China etc).

    I think Bowlhead has given some pretty sound advice: Either you do research or you stick it all in a VLS
    Originally posted by sixpence.
    Any suggestions on China fund?

    Also can anyone point out to me where I can see P/E ratings for funds on trust.net? I can't find it... sorry for being slow
    Originally posted by sixpence.
    Good question!

    ---

    Was looking for some lowest risk funds, would we agree VLS 20 is the lowest of the low? Any other suggestions?

    ........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

2,627Users online

Martin's Twitter