Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fly-catchers
    • By fly-catchers 9th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 319Thanks
    fly-catchers
    Missing cash back on TSB credit card
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    Missing cash back on TSB credit card 9th Jan 18 at 4:46 PM
    It always annoys me a bit that any final amounts on your monthly statement are not included in the cash back! This month again spent overall 650 and got 3.88 cash back. Just because a large chunk of that appeared right at the end. With the TSB promotion finishing in July are their any other good cash back deals or just with American Express.
Page 1
    • A4445
    • By A4445 9th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 769 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    A4445
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    I use either ASDA cashback or Natwest Reward. I used to use Nationwide Select but they cut the cashback to 0.25% so it's not worth using anymore!
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 9th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 2,170 Posts
    • 1,225 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    On my TSB CC account cash back is only paid on the first 500 spend per calender month not by by statement dates. Is your differant?
    So I spend upto 500 plus a few pennies then use a Barclaycard Visa for the rest of the month it pay's 0.5% with no limit and by statement dates.
    I also have an Asda CC Mastercard for use mainly in Asda paying 1% in Asda vouchers, 0.5% used elsewhere.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    • 18,776 Posts
    • 12,901 Thanks
    molerat
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    I spent 506 and got 5. I just make sure it is all spent before the last few days of the month so there is little chance of it being carried over.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • mad_cash_cow
    • By mad_cash_cow 9th Feb 18, 10:36 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    mad_cash_cow
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:36 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:36 PM
    I've just been caught out by this TSB Advance card with the 1% cashback. That came through fine, but after 3 months it starts charging interest, even if you pay the full balance off before the due date. I'm probably going to close it a th interest last month exceeded the cashback, unless I've just picked the wrong version of the card and can try to get them to move me?
    Last edited by mad_cash_cow; 09-02-2018 at 10:48 PM.
    The cow is of the bovine ilk,
    One end is moo, the other milk.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 10th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 3,142 Posts
    • 4,052 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    The summary box is where you find the information about any interest free period.

For the Advance it says

There is no interest-free period on any transaction.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • EarthBoy
    • By EarthBoy 10th Feb 18, 11:42 AM
    • 1,878 Posts
    • 1,174 Thanks
    EarthBoy
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:42 AM
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:42 AM
    I've just been caught out by this TSB Advance card with the 1% cashback. That came through fine, but after 3 months it starts charging interest, even if you pay the full balance off before the due date.
    Originally posted by mad_cash_cow
    The Advance card is intended for people who don't pay off the full balance every month. The interest rate is lower than on most other credit cards, so if you pay interest this is a good card for you. It's no good for anybody who always clears the full balance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,210Posts Today

4,725Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin