Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Omd80
    • By Omd80 9th Jan 18, 2:41 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Omd80
    Help!! not received notice to keeper but DRP+ letter
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:41 PM
    Help!! not received notice to keeper but DRP+ letter 9th Jan 18 at 2:41 PM
    Hi
    I'm a newbie, I have looked through as much as I can on the forums, but I have not managed to find what I am looking for. I received a Parking charge notice from Dept Recovery Plus acting on behalf of Defence systems Ltd T/A Park Watch requesting that I pay 160 parking charge for entering a no access zone at One Stop Perry Barr. The date on the letter said the charge happened on 21/10/17.The day I received the actual letter was on 08/01/18. I did not receive a notice to keeper letter or any other letter prior to this as well as no photographic evidence. Do I have grounds to appeal considering the time scale that has passed and if so who do I appeal to as the DRP plus letter gives me no route of appeal and want me to pay up by 17/01/18.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Omd80; 09-01-2018 at 4:25 PM.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Jan 18, 2:53 PM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:53 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:53 PM
    So you read the newbies thread but not the part where you DO NOT say who drove?

EDIT YOUR POST NOW. "The driver" did something.

DRP are of course powerless debt collectors, again as covered in the newbie thread.

Just ignore DRP. Nothing more.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 7,552 Posts
    • 10,040 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    Take NO NOTICE of DRP, THEY ARE SCAMMERS

Nothing they can do SO IGNORE

DRP PIFFLE
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 9th Jan 18, 3:47 PM
    • 3,010 Posts
    • 4,578 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:47 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:47 PM
    Hint, nosferatu1001 advised you to edit your post #1 not post again leaving the original as is!!

Ignore DRP they are powerless muppets as Beamerguy says, you could send a stern letter to The BPA sating that PW did not conform to their COP but I'm sure they will say it was lost in post.

Of course entering a made up no access zone has nothing to do with parking so they would be unlikely to stick that on you anyway.

But you are now in limbo unless they try court look at the odds of that here> http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Defence_Systems.html
    • Omd80
    • By Omd80 9th Jan 18, 3:51 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Omd80
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:51 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:51 PM
    Really?? Even tho Defense Systems Ltd and DRP+ are registered with BPA.
    • Omd80
    • By Omd80 9th Jan 18, 4:00 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Omd80
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:00 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:00 PM
    Thanks all for your replys. Regarding posting twice, I'm new to the forum and can't find where to edit which is why I accidentally posted twice.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jan 18, 4:02 PM
    • 18,354 Posts
    • 23,243 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:02 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:02 PM
    the edit button is in blue on the left side at the bottom of each of your posts , you can edit your first post and use the edit/advanced edit on your duplicate post to remove/delete it

do not use a phone for this , preferably use a laptop pc
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Omd80
    • By Omd80 9th Jan 18, 4:17 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Omd80
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:17 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:17 PM
    Cheers, I was using phone.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    • 18,003 Posts
    • 28,496 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    Originally posted by Omd80
    And? What have their registrations with the BPA got to do with anything?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Omd80
    • By Omd80 9th Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Omd80
    Just assumed since they are registered with them they should be legit.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    • 18,354 Posts
    • 23,243 Thanks
    Redx
    depends what you mean by legit

they are registered in order to sc@m people , but they also agreed to the BPA CoP too

DRP operate on the fringes of the law and lie and cheat to get money from people , as do all these debt collectors

none of them are official bodies of authority , not even the BPA , the BPA is a private members club
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Omd80
    • By Omd80 9th Jan 18, 5:33 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Omd80
    Thanks for the Info. Sorry if I'm not getting this, is it worth sending a letter to Defence Systems Ltd to try and get them to cancel the charge?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    • 18,354 Posts
    • 23,243 Thanks
    Redx
    it is very rare for any parking company to cancel a charge , especially when it has got to debt collector stage , so doing this would be futile

as this is at the debt collector stage you have 2 options (too late to appeal)

1) pay up , in full (which is what they want you to do) , drp dont get a penny unless you cave in and pay up (they have no powers to make you)

2) FIGHT BACK, by ignoring the debt letter stage and fight them in court if they issue an MCOL within 6 years

this is all explained in that NEWBIES sticky thread, but I am giving you the short version , same as everyone else who is at the debt collector stage

the advice here is to IGNORE unless you get a formal LBC or an MCOL from the CCBC in Northampton, within 6 years

after 6 years the threat of court is no longer there
    Newbies !!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 7,413 Thanks
    KeithP
    I am concerned that you didn't receive an earlier NtK.

Are your address details on your car's V5c correct?

Have you changed your address recently?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 9th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 3,010 Posts
    • 4,578 Thanks
    fisherjim
    The BPA is trade organisation like an old boys' club set up to fend off criticism of its members, and provide some sort of pretence legitimacy to satisfy a gullible public and the authorities. They are just as bad as the Muppets that join it!
    • Omd80
    • By Omd80 9th Jan 18, 9:17 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Omd80
    yes I have moved address, the details are correct on the V5 form.
    Last edited by Omd80; 09-01-2018 at 9:20 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Jan 18, 10:31 PM
    • 7,699 Posts
    • 7,413 Thanks
    KeithP
    yes I have moved address, the details are correct on the V5 form.
    You need to advise the PPC of your current address... telling them that from this point on they should only use your current address.

This is to avoid them serving court papers at your old address and you getting a County Court Judgement against you without any opportunity to defend yourself.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    • 58,469 Posts
    • 71,975 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, do the above - write and the the scumbag parking firm your address and ask why the are processing incorrect data, and why no Notice to Keeper was posted (makes them answer).

Don't write to DRP or you will get their tedious computerised 'My Findings' reply shown all over the forum where people have taken the debt letters to seriously and actually tried to engage.

Do not pay; no-one here would. Apart from anything else, a registered keeper can't be held liable for 'moving traffic' events (it's not parking).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-01-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Omd80
    • By Omd80 9th Jan 18, 11:18 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Omd80
    Thank you all have been helpful.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Jan 18, 12:51 PM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Tell them in your change of adress notice that you will hold them liable for all costs associated with their actions should the old address be used, and will rely upon this letter as proof of notice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

3,283Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin