Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Charlieblake
    • By Charlieblake 9th Jan 18, 12:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Charlieblake
    CP plus parking charge Help!!!
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:16 PM
    CP plus parking charge Help!!! 9th Jan 18 at 12:16 PM
    Hi.
    Ok, so just checking the rules regarding private parking companies.
    My children are both regularly ill with epilepsy and/or asthma, so I spend a lot of time parked outside my local A&E. I've had several warning notices in the past as its always a rush to get in, so either i've forgotten or not had change for a ticket. My most recent time parking there I expected one of their lovely yellow warnings or even a parking charge notice as once again I hadn't paid and displayed as I rushed my son in. However on my husband collecting our car he said there was nothing on the screen. Excellent! Skip to this morning's post, I've received a notice to keeper saying I owe 90 as I didn't pay the charge that was affixed to our screen on 22nd November. So, What do I do?..........
    Do I appeal to them saying I had nothing left on my windscreen?
    Do I ignore it completely?
    My husband likes to do everything by the book so if he sees this he'd begrudgingly pay the 90 and never let me hear the end of it. All in fear they'll take us to court and fine our asses off.
    Please help.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jan 18, 12:22 PM
    • 36,812 Posts
    • 83,300 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:22 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:22 PM
    Please edit your post immediately to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper who are two different people.

Once you have done this, then you need to get stuck into the Sticky thread for NEWBIES before sending the BPA template in blue from the keeper appeal you will find there.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 09-01-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 9th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 5,902 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    Take a read of the NHS parking principles, then contact the hospital PALS service.
    play what you intend to say here first though.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

66Posts Today

1,936Users online

Martin's Twitter