Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tightasafish
    • By tightasafish 9th Jan 18, 12:15 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 9Thanks
    tightasafish
    Portafina
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:15 PM
    Portafina 9th Jan 18 at 12:15 PM
    I have allowed a company called Portafina to look at my current policies and now they want one of their 'paraplanners' to speak to me and provide advice.
    In the overall scale of things, we are not talking a great deal of money here - for example my maximum tax free amount I can currently access is around 12k. (I am aged 58).
    Does anyone have any feedback on Portafina and any pointers I should be aware of when I speak to them? Thank you.
Page 1
    • wjr4
    • By wjr4 9th Jan 18, 12:18 PM
    • 377 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    wjr4
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:18 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:18 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5631320
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    • 92,949 Posts
    • 60,326 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    I have allowed a company called Portafina to look at my current policies and now they want one of their 'paraplanners' to speak to me and provide advice.
    How did you contact them? Most people use local firms or a national with high coverage. How did you find Portafina?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • tightasafish
    • By tightasafish 9th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    tightasafish
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    How did you contact them? Most people use local firms or a national with high coverage. How did you find Portafina?

I replied to one of their mailshots.
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 9th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    • 2,843 Posts
    • 4,058 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:46 PM

I replied to one of their mailshots.
    Originally posted by tightasafish
    That's the paper version of a telephone cold call.

Have a good read of the posts on the link supplied at post no 2.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

1,867Users online

Martin's Twitter