Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • leepenn
    • By leepenn 9th Jan 18, 11:30 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    leepenn
    lee
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:30 AM
    lee 9th Jan 18 at 11:30 AM
    hi
    new to this site so any help much appreciated a hello all.
    i recently parked in a nearby shopping park and as planned spent approx 2 hours shopping , on returning to my car my wife was horrified when she noticed we were in a disabled space and had received a parking ticket, the reason for this was when we arrived the car park was covered in snow and when we realised the snow had thawed.
    i have started an appeal with the ticket issuer, parkwatch, but am yet to hear back , can any one advise what i should do if the appeal is not accepted ? i really dont think the ticket is fair but dont wish to cause any mjor issues as i was in my daughters car nd i believe any persuit of the penalty would be towars her.
    Thanks in advance Lee
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 9th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 33,198 Posts
    • 39,142 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    Have you read the newbies thread yet ?
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • leepenn
    • By leepenn 9th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    leepenn
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    i hadnt sorry will have read now first time on a site like this.
    Lee
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 9th Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    • 33,198 Posts
    • 39,142 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    No problem, it's a mine of information
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jan 18, 12:29 PM
    • 36,810 Posts
    • 83,290 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:29 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:29 PM
    You should edit your post before you do anything else to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 9,500 Posts
    • 9,262 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    See MC21 here

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/car_parks_and_parking/penalty_charges/how_to_appeal_against_a_pcn/mitigating_circumstances.aspx

I think that they would struggle in court
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Jan 18, 1:04 PM
    • 9,500 Posts
    • 9,262 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:04 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:04 PM
    You should edit your post before you do anything else to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake

I am not sure this is important in this instance, if snow covered if it was not visible.
    • leepenn
    • By leepenn 9th Jan 18, 1:23 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    leepenn
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:23 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:23 PM
    thanks thats what i thought
    • leepenn
    • By leepenn 9th Jan 18, 1:25 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    leepenn
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:25 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:25 PM
    thats very helpful thanks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 9th Jan 18, 1:42 PM
    • 8,630 Posts
    • 8,972 Thanks
    pogofish
    If your username is your real name, you need to be doubly careful if you give any details - PPCs have been known to trawl this forum to try and link posters to cases.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Jan 18, 2:21 PM
    • 9,500 Posts
    • 9,262 Thanks
    The Deep
    If your username is your real name, you need to be doubly careful if you give any details - PPCs have been known to trawl this forum to try and link posters to cases.
    Originally posted by pogofish

Is this a problem, the PPC may read something that makes them back down.
    • leepenn
    • By leepenn 9th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    leepenn
    i would hope they could see my reason fr coming on here.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 9th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 8,630 Posts
    • 8,972 Thanks
    pogofish
    Is this a problem, the PPC may read something that makes them back down.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    That raised a smile on an otherwise painful day. Thanks...!
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 9th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    • 8,630 Posts
    • 8,972 Thanks
    pogofish
    i would hope they could see my reason fr coming on here.
    Originally posted by leepenn
    So would any sensible person but I'm afraid reason and PPCs occupy very different orbits.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 11:45 PM
    • 58,461 Posts
    • 71,972 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I am not sure this is important in this instance, if snow covered if it was not visible.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Bu there is no evidence at all of that, so POPLA will have nothing to go on except ParkWatch's photos & PCN after the snow had thawed.

i really dont think the ticket is fair but dont wish to cause any mjor issues as i was in my daughters car nd i believe any persuit of the penalty would be towars her.
    Daughter appeals. NOT YOU.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,365Posts Today

7,397Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin