IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Unreasonable Bus Lane Fine

Velli
Velli Posts: 64
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 9 January 2018 at 3:13AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
The 'Contravention' :

https://imgur.com/28h8RVj

PCN Letters & Challenges:

https://imgur.com/a/rGvMF

Hello there!

Recently I entered a bus lane for a brief amount of time as the bus lane markings were coming to an end so I could turn left. At the time I thought it was a bus stop as this was noted on the ground and assumed it was safe to switch lanes. I recently put in a challenge but this was declined with really generic answers that did not address any points I raised in my challenge included below which is really frustrating.

I am willing to take this as far as I can take it as I firmly believe its unreasonable and unjustifiable to issue me a fine. I am in the process of typing my challenge to the council again and any advice & thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Once again thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,255
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I am willing to take this as far as I can take it
    You need to take it to PePiPoo.

As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 9 January 2018 at 3:41AM
    If Ealing is anything like Hounslow, I wish you luck, but it might be simpler to just pay up than spend months being exasperated by dealing with people who alternately don't respond at all or do but still deliberately wthhold half the information.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    When appealing details are everything..

5 metres approx 15 feet, you were clearly 3 cars back, well 2 cars and a van more like 60 metres, they left a fair gap between them. Details like that could mean they may skip read the rest. No evidence to contrary? What about the video evidence where you were clearly 3 vehicls back?

The road on Google earth shows the words Bus Lane at the start and then Bus Stop (twice). Also a sign at the start saying its a bus lane. You state it says Bus Stop 3 times.

Unsure what you mean by the angle of the sign, you were on the road in a straight line, didnt appear to be turning onto it at an angle?
    I thought maybe you turned in from St Elmo. but that doesnt appear to be the case.

You blanked out some personal info but failed to blank out the same info in other sections, reg number and ticket number is visible.

Its about the money not whether you were or were not guilty.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure