Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PhilipsB
    • By PhilipsB 8th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PhilipsB
    Car failed MOT
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    Car failed MOT 8th Jan 18 at 7:58 PM
    My car failed its MOT today. It was my first car, Iíve had it two years and Iíve decided between the cost to repair and my insurance that id be better off getting rid of it. I have a buyer interested.

How do I get the car from the garage? Is the only way to get it towed? If so who is the best value company that could do that? Ive asked the garage for advice but theyíve told me I have no choice but to pay them to fix it..
Page 2
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 9th Jan 18, 11:03 AM
    • 24,303 Posts
    • 51,357 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    If it's unroadworthy so illegal to drive away from the test station, it was also illegal to drive to it. Yet you did that. The only difference is that you now know - but innocence is no excuse in the eyes of the law.

The only thing having a current certificate will do is stop any prosecution for not having a current MOT.
    Originally posted by AdrianC

I rather think it is.

Ignorance however...........
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 9th Jan 18, 11:36 AM
    • 17,582 Posts
    • 15,942 Thanks
    AdrianC
    D'oh. Early, m'lud.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

2,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin