Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • megapoor
    • By megapoor 8th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    megapoor
    Mortgage finishing ppi
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    Mortgage finishing ppi 8th Jan 18 at 7:55 PM
    Hi all,
    Quick brief of my situation.
    Took Halifax mortgage out 1993 with payment protection insurance. Building/contents all included in deal to enable the mortgage to get the go ahead. Like they said to everybody I've read about.
    Have claimed/complained through a company called Owl Solutions , They have sent it onto FOS 18months ago, we have never heard from them since, so rang them and they said they wont contact me until FOS decide whether I have been mis-sold or not.
    My mortgage finishes this July. Never missed a payment or claimed off any of the insurance.

My questions are;
    Will my mortgage finishing affect anything to do with PPI complaint?
    Should I contact FOS myself to confirm with them about my claim/complaint?
    Owl solutions are no longer on google searches but do still answer the phone so am I being fobbed off?

Thank you in advance
    Not so financially minded person
    Last edited by megapoor; 08-01-2018 at 8:28 PM. Reason: date
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 17,266 Posts
    • 18,369 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:01 PM

My questions are;
    Will my mortgage finishing affect anything to do with PPI complaint?
    Owl solutions are no longer on google searches but do still answer the phone so am I being fobbed off?
    Originally posted by megapoor
    1) No.
    2) You could if you wanted.
    3) Owl Solutions have done their job by putting your complaint in an envelope and posting it. They won't be providing any additional services now and will just wait for the decision.
    • megapoor
    • By megapoor 8th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    megapoor
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    Thank you zx81

Because Owl solutions have seemed to have disappeared from the internet I started to get a bit concerned.

Thanks again.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 8th Jan 18, 9:29 PM
    • 20,443 Posts
    • 11,332 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:29 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:29 PM
    Originally posted by megapoor
    If I had a complaint supposedly with the Ombudsman for eighteen months, I'd have been directly in touch with them well before now!

Why exactly was your original complaint rejected and why has your subsequent FOS referral stalled?
    • megapoor
    • By megapoor 8th Jan 18, 10:41 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    megapoor
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:41 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:41 PM
    I have rang the claims company a few times and the only answer we ever get is that it was all about a court case the FOS were to have which was in 2017, to see if I and all the other cases were classed as ppi.
    We presume the case is still on going / waiting for the backlog of claims/complaints to be sorted.
    They said last time that they had not heard from the FOS but when they did they would get in touch with me.
    All we got at the start was a NO ppi from our bank accounts and a referral letter to the FOS for the mortgage side of it.
    I think I will go through my paper work and get in touch with the FOS.

Thank you
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Jan 18, 11:09 PM
    • 93,012 Posts
    • 60,397 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:09 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:09 PM
    I have rang the claims company a few times and the only answer we ever get is that it was all about a court case the FOS were to have which was in 2017, to see if I and all the other cases were classed as ppi.
    The only recent court case is in respect of the Plevin ruling and for the FOS to be holding it back for that reason must mean that they have rejected your complaint. Plevin only applies to rejected complaints. It has no impact on upheld complaints.

We presume the case is still on going / waiting for the backlog of claims/complaints to be sorted.
    Some firms had a backlog but we are pretty much seeing them getting on top of it now.

They said last time that they had not heard from the FOS but when they did they would get in touch with me.
    Have you heard from the FOS? The FOS will contact you. If you had heard nothing from them then its possible that the FOS are not even involved and you are being spun a line.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 8th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    • 20,443 Posts
    • 11,332 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    The FOS will contact you. If you had heard nothing from them then its possible that the FOS are not even involved and you are being spun a line.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    While that may indeed be possible, what would the Claim Company gain from such a lie?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Jan 18, 11:59 PM
    • 93,012 Posts
    • 60,397 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:59 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:59 PM
    While that may indeed be possible, what would the Claim Company gain from such a lie?
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    Poor admin. Mixing up files. Someone fobbing off to avoid a complaint in the knowledge they wont be around next time. Lots of reasons could be the case. it could even be a continued assumption that the FOS have it and no-one has ever checked.

We know the FOS will contact the consumer. So, it just seems a little strange that nothing has been heard.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • megapoor
    • By megapoor 11th Jan 18, 9:48 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    megapoor
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:48 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:48 PM
    UPDATE..........

Original company OWL has been taken over by another company

Ok have spoke to FOS and yes they do have my complaint and it is still on going.

Been told it could still take ages

Thanks for your help
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,047Posts Today

8,021Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin