Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kootoo
    • By Kootoo 8th Jan 18, 7:01 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kootoo
    Mis sold oven? what can we do?
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:01 PM
    Mis sold oven? what can we do? 8th Jan 18 at 7:01 PM
    We found a lovely double oven with a cast iron griddle in currys. As it was the very top of our budget we took a photo and had a think but the griddle swung it for us. Went into another store closer to home the next day and showed them the picture to order. We confirmed with the sales girl that the griddle was not an added extra as it was already top budget and said yes it was. We then asked her to double check and she went off to check coming back to confirm it did. Order came without griddle. Went back to store and explained they phoned customer service said it would be sent out. It wasnt. Phoned customer service again they said we would get a callback. Had a call from manufacturer they said oven doesnt come with griddle. Well the grey one does not the black we bought and have a photo of with it on. They said currys have mis sold they can purchase the griddle for us. Took this to store they agreed in principle but would get back to confirm. Finally they now say sorry doesnt come with it nothing we can do.
    Phew sorry for the long one. We have paid to have oven installed. What are our rights is this mis sold since we were told it came with it and have a photo of it in store. It sounds stupid over a griddle but we bought it for this there were other much cheaper ovens we liked. Plus annoying when we took the time to double check.
Page 1
    • Kootoo
    • By Kootoo 8th Jan 18, 7:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kootoo
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:04 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:04 PM
    Wont let me edit. Sorry i meant sales girl confirmed it was NOT an added extra and WAS included.
    • Greta Sharbo
    • By Greta Sharbo 8th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Greta Sharbo
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    Finally they now say sorry doesnt come with it nothing we can do.
    Originally posted by Kootoo
    Proof is the key and sounds like you only have verbal discussion which makes it tricky.

unless they say 'yes we did tell you that but we won't do anything'
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 8th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    • 4,358 Posts
    • 2,478 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    what make and model, and how much is it to add?
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 8th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 8,624 Thanks
    arcon5
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    Tell me to arrange for something to uninstall and return the oven to them at their cost.

Or see how much the extra is and possibly pursue a claim against them for the extra
    • Kootoo
    • By Kootoo 8th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kootoo
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    Yes thats the thing it was thier word BUT we have a photo of the display model in black with the griddle on. I always take photos of things I may buy and you can clearly see currys tags in photo.

Its a leisuremaster and just over 1000.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 8th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 4,790 Posts
    • 3,589 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    Your photo is for a different store on a different day,

Is it of the black oven?

Did you see the griddle on one in the store you bought it or did you order from the photograph?

Some one ( customer?) could have moved the griddle to the wrong oven.

Did the salesgirl know you wanted a black one when you queried about the grill. If it was not made clear it could have assumed it was stainless steel she was querying.
    • Kootoo
    • By Kootoo 8th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kootoo
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    We literally went in and said we saw an oven in another store showed the photo. Girl went yes I know the one and ordered it for us. We said before you do we dont have to pay extra for the griddle. We are having a new kitchen so know how often things you like are expensive extras. She said no its included. We then made her check and she troddled off somewhere and came back and said yes definately comes with it.

I cant see that another customer would have moved it as they only had a black one on display.
    • Kootoo
    • By Kootoo 8th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kootoo
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    It wasnt on display at all in the shop we ordered from as its a much smaller store. However this is why we double checked the particulars.
    • Warwick Hunt
    • By Warwick Hunt 8th Jan 18, 8:24 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Warwick Hunt
    How much is a griddle?
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 8th Jan 18, 8:25 PM
    • 4,358 Posts
    • 2,478 Thanks
    Lorian
    excuse me for being dense. I don't cook

Is this the missing bit?

Does it say its included contents on page 11 of the manual?

It seems to say its included on the electronic version linked to from the currys page for it, assuming I have the right model.
    Last edited by Lorian; 08-01-2018 at 8:29 PM.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 8th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    • 19,441 Posts
    • 45,104 Thanks
    peachyprice
    44 on Ebay, 63 on Amazon, Currys could probably get one even cheaper. It seems a bit poor of them to be quibbling over something that is of such a relatively small value to them.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 8th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    • 20,467 Posts
    • 11,345 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Going to one store, taking a photograph of a display item and then using this photo to purchase from an entirely different branch seems to me a recipe for disappointment. Other than this photo you have no evidence that the accessory is included as standard.

Why didn't you order from the branch where you took the photograph?
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 8th Jan 18, 9:55 PM
    • 4,358 Posts
    • 2,478 Thanks
    Lorian
    Assuming it's the CS90F530K It's something like 150 less than the SS one, at least now.

The manual may say its included, but on the specs tab its only shown included with the more expensive SS one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,580Posts Today

6,426Users online

Martin's Twitter