Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nellbags
    • By Nellbags 8th Jan 18, 6:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nellbags
    Parkray 111 advice
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:55 PM
    Parkray 111 advice 8th Jan 18 at 6:55 PM
    I'm looking for some practical advice about using the Parkray 111 roomheater in the house I'm renting. I just can't get my head round it!! I have been using wood or multi fuel stoves most of my life to heat my homes but this is different as it is designed to transfer heat through the back to activate the boiler. The problem I'm having is that it's a bit hit & ,miss whether I'll actually get the boiler to kick in & stay in. I am trying my best to bank most of the heat right at the back so there is plenty of heat, filling the firebox to the top bar at the front. I am using a combination of well seasoned wood and smokeless ovals, using mostly the latter as they produce more heat but I have free access to wood also so am trying to keep my costs down. Right now the boiler is working, but the last few days it has been starting & stopping. Other times I have got it going well but mostly it does this starting & stopping thing, even if I have the fire loaded & going as well as it is now with most of the fuel stacked right at the back. It also seems to take a good few hours for the boiler to kick in, but once it started up after just 30 mins. The radiators, once the boiler is working properly, don't seem to get very hot, they are a bit more than lukewarm, & the water is either not quite hot enough for washing up or tepid. Once I managed to have a bath from the water it heated. The temperature was adequate but not piping hot. I contacted the housing association & they sent out their boiler people. After looking at all the gubbins in the cupboard where the boiler is they found all to be working as it should & suggested that I may have been not loading it with enough fuel & not getting enough heat to the back. This was a few weeks ago now. I have been practicing & sometimes succeed & other times I fail!! Does anybody who is familiar with these have any practical advice? Thanks in advance.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter