Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Max223
    • By Max223 8th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Max223
    MOTO Charge Notice Query
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    MOTO Charge Notice Query 8th Jan 18 at 6:53 PM
    So, I've read the Newbies thread and either I'm not as smart as I think I am (entirely possible) or it's just not sinking in because I've just finished a 12 hour stint in the office on my first day back this year.

I, as the registered keeper of a vehicle photographed entering and exiting a MSA owned by Moto. Very recently received a Charge Notice from CP Plus on behalf of Moto stating the vehicle overstayed by roughly an hour and to pay them 60 immediately lest they start inflating the charges and sending additional threatening letters to me.

At this point I have done nothing at all and would appreciate advice before I make a mistake.

Short (ish) version - Over Xmas period a close relative broke down in a vehicle at a service station.

Rather than let them sit freezing cold in a non running vehicle on their own (which they were doing because they were waiting for the breakdown services to come and were afraid they might miss them).

A person in my car drove to them, parked up and let them sit in the warm and working car whilst the relative awaited the rescue services.

The relative was treated to coffee and fast food at a price that more than pays for their ridiculous parking scams so I as the registered keeper am disinclined to bend over and let them extort me via letter.

The drivers of either vehicles saw no signs but I suspect the signs are there somewhere off to one side and complete with tiny barely legible print that you likely have to be looking specifically for (someone will check this for me later in the week when passing).

Also I expect that relative with the broken down vehicle will likely receive one as they are it seems supposed to push their non working vehicle out onto the motorway rather than stay longer than 2 hours.

On a personal note this should be in large print on the entrance to any and all MSA's operating such a ridiculous policy. It should clearly state that there is a maximum 2hr stay as no people I have queried are aware of this limit at all.

I always thought it was safe to stop and sleep at an MSA not that I've had cause to do so since I was a miniature human in the back of my parents car on our way back from army postings on the continent many decades ago.
    Last edited by Max223; 08-01-2018 at 7:04 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    • 18,333 Posts
    • 23,218 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:28 PM
    its 2 hours max on an MSA in this country , after that you are expected to pay to stay

in any case, what happened on the day to the driver has little or no bearing on any appeal or appeals

use the blue text template to appeal to CP PLUS

then take it to popla

and complain to MOTO and insist on a cancellation

do not reveal who was driving to anyone , not on here, not in your CP PLUS appeal and not to popla either

here is a recent one where parking eye lost in court and had to pay up

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/aug/26/parking-eye-takes-on-top-barrister-85-fine
    Last edited by Redx; 08-01-2018 at 7:33 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,138Posts Today

8,135Users online

Martin's Twitter